C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I Need Help!

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-2005, 05:04 PM
tdixon
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default I Need Help!

I went out to start the C6 this morning and the key fob would not open the door. I unlocked the rear hatch pulled the rip chord and opened the door. Battery is dead dead. I know the last time that I drove the car that I left the car in reverse because I remember the horn sounding when I walked away from the car. Anyway I attached a battery charger to the battery turned it on and the horn proceeded to sound. I guess the computer thinks I am now trying to steal the damn thing. I can disconnect the battery from the car and charge it OK but then when I reconnect the battery I would imagine the horn will again sound. Any ideas?
Old 08-19-2005, 05:07 PM
Datawiz
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 321 Likes on 153 Posts
CI-7-8-9-10 Veteran
Cruise-In IX AutoX Winner
St. Jude Donor '05-'06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11,'19,'22
St. Jude/CI Name Tag Designer

Originally Posted by tdixon
I went out to start the C6 this morning and the key fob would not open the door. I unlocked the rear hatch pulled the rip chord and opened the door. Battery is dead dead. I know the last time that I drove the car that I left the car in reverse because I remember the horn sounding when I walked away from the car. Anyway I attached a battery charger to the battery turned it on and the horn proceeded to sound. I guess the computer thinks I am now trying to steal the damn thing. I can disconnect the battery from the car and charge it OK but then when I reconnect the battery I would imagine the horn will again sound. Any ideas?
Charge it until it's charged and then plug it back in. Even with the alarm going off, the fob should work by then and you can open the doors.
Old 08-20-2005, 12:58 AM
hburks
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You should always disconnect at least one of the battery cables from the car whenever you connect a charger anyway. Other posts have said Chevy wants you to disconnect both cables.

Get notified of new replies

To I Need Help!

Quick Reply: I Need Help!