C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Question regarding punctured run flat tire...

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-2005, 09:40 AM
Buffy
Drifting

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I also had a nail, got it repaired at a local Goodyear store. This involves removing the tire, repairing it from the inside and re-mounting it; somewhat more complex than the usual plug from the outside. I was told that the reason for the more complex method of repair is that it does preserve the speed rating of the tire.

By the way, Goodyear's 800 number didn't work very well for me - they tried to send me to a dealer 50 miles away rather than the Goodyear store 5 miles away.
Old 08-22-2005, 02:05 PM
kenrobb
Drifting

Received 219 Likes on 86 Posts

If you have a discount Tire store near you, try them. They will usually do the proper repair for no cost. At least they do here in Ft. worth. I buy all my tires from them now (Michelin's).
Old 08-22-2005, 02:23 PM
wwashing
Le Mans Master

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by victory_C6
It took three guys to break the tire free from the wheel. I was told that the tire would be replaced if it was irrepairable up to 6,000 miles. After that, there is no warranty whatsoever.
They must not know what they are doing. I've had my Goodyear Runflat tires dismounted and mounted by a single guy who has a Hunter Mounter/Balancer and a pail of soapy water in his garage.
Old 08-23-2005, 08:13 AM
oosik
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Good advise everyone, thanks

This is such a great forum for advise... anyways, I must have run over a nail a few days back with my run flats, and I noticed my tire pressure dropped to 23 PSI on the rear left. As everyone said, the dealership wouldn't touch it, but they did acknowledge some places would repair. I ended up going to Tires Plus near my house, and $58 later, I'm good as new.

Quick Reply: Question regarding punctured run flat tire...