C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Why all the wine-and-cheese types in C6's?

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-2005, 09:41 AM
c64lucky
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by dizwiz24
I love the C6. I think its a great car. However, just like when the C5 was the latest rage, the owners of these vehicles tend to act snooty and dont associate much with other Corvette owners. They really dont talk much to other Corvette owners. Especially those having Corvettes of earlier vintage.

Its tough to get a good conversation with these people (it was the same with the C5 too).

Any idea why this is?

Some people got to much time on their hands to think about trivia & are a little too sensitive.

We're all Cool!

C64Lucky

Last edited by c64lucky; 08-21-2005 at 09:43 AM. Reason: mo info
Old 08-21-2005, 09:41 AM
bangbgC6
Safety Car

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by 16Again
We did a cruise here 2 weeks ago and most of the generations were represented. For that matter 3 other events of 50 70 Corvette's in the last few months. Everyone of us are car enthusiasts and had a blast enjoying each others rides. I really don't recall hearing anyone complain about what year each of us had, the fact of the matter is we all drove CORVETTE'S. Heck we even had racers and show cars at these events, together enjoying themselves. No haters in this crowd.
Bob

Of course not!

The HATERS hide anonomously in the shadows of the Internet asking passive aggressive questions thinly veiled in what they think are philisophically important diguises. Holding up ideals about true this or honest that. They are weak and unable to cope with real inter-personal interaction.

It's not just this way with Corvette owners.

It is the same any time people are threatened by that that is new or they don't understand, pick a topic. Sports, comic books, collector cards, politics, any make of classic cars or Tiddly-Winks.

There is always a faction that was there FIRST out of TRUE LOVE and DEVOTION to something. They resent those noobies they view as interlopers, people who aren't TRUE fans but just have picked up on how cool something is and want to be HANGERS ON, but the noobies don't really belong.

It is an Emotional security blanket for a weak character.

Any show you go to you will find great people that are there to have a good time and enjoy the company of other enthusiasts.

Ignore those people who never see the light, they will go on in their HATE no matter what anyone says or writes.

Old 08-21-2005, 09:55 AM
2vettes

I love the C6. I think its a great car. However, just like when the C5 was the latest rage, the owners of these vehicles tend to act snooty and dont associate much with other Corvette owners. They really dont talk much to other Corvette owners. Especially those having Corvettes of earlier vintage.

Its tough to get a good conversation with these people (it was the same with the C5 too).

Any idea why this is?
It's not that way around here. There are many corvette clubs in Massachusetts with corvette owners representing all generations (C1-C6). Many of us own more than one generation corvette. There are cruise nights somewhere every day of the week, as well as car shows, multi-club parties and weekend get-aways; and we all associate with one another.
Old 08-21-2005, 11:18 AM
mss8022
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

As newbie myself to Vettes, I would think that everyone should be very pleased that people are switching to Vettes from many other types of cars. It is the sign of a quality automobile and really, IMHO, has nothing to do with whether you own a C6 or a C3 or a C5.

Every Vette sold helps GM keep the Vette alive...for everyone's benefit.
Old 08-21-2005, 11:27 AM
Surf Twang
Instructor

Why all the wine and cheese types in C6's? It's to overcome the "brains in your crotch" reputation of previous Vette owners!

Pass the Gray Poupon, si'l vous plait.
Old 08-21-2005, 11:54 AM
mpuzach
Race Director

Received 1,191 Likes on 594 Posts

Let's see, dizwiz24...you state,

"the owners of these vehicles tend to act snooty and dont associate much with other Corvette owners. They really dont talk much to other Corvette owners. Especially those having Corvettes of earlier vintage.

Its tough to get a good conversation with these people"

Then you disappear while the "accused" carry on a pretty decent dialogue. Who's really being snooty here?
Old 08-21-2005, 12:07 PM
cyadotcom
Racer

just look at post #44 and you will see 1st hand why.....and it,s spelled GREY POUPON monsieur............
Old 08-21-2005, 12:59 PM
NineBall
Safety Car

Received 107 Likes on 58 Posts

you think fellow Vette owners are bad, try attending a Viper gathering. I went to one last week and overheard many many snooty and snobby comments from that crowd, even ragging on their fellow Viper owner's cars behind their backs. One lady was complaining to her husband that a Viper had a eek!....a window decal on it. Some other jackass asked "why are there Corvettes at our gathering?"

Of course, I don't think I fit in very well with the Corvette crowd either, especially when I tell them my Vette is the slowest car that I own.

Tony
Old 08-21-2005, 12:59 PM
Surf Twang
Instructor

It was a joke! I thought LOL smiles were the universal indication of sarcasm. My apologies if I misused the language.

But I can't tell you how many people have expressed dismay that I went from a Porsche to a Vette. And not all of them are "wine-and-cheese" types. The Vette has an image problem in some circles. Doesn't bother me, though, I'm not part of those circles. And just as in Porsche-land, there are people that will wave and talk to you, and those who are snobs and have their brains in other parts of their anatomy.
Old 08-21-2005, 01:15 PM
need-for-speed
Team Owner

Received 866 Likes on 609 Posts
CI 1-4-5-8-9-10 Vet
St. Jude Donor '03,'04,'05,'07,08,'09,'10,’17

Originally Posted by bangbgC6
Of course not!

The HATERS hide anonomously in the shadows of the Internet asking passive aggressive questions thinly veiled in what they think are philisophically important diguises. Holding up ideals about true this or honest that. They are weak and unable to cope with real inter-personal interaction.

It's not just this way with Corvette owners.

It is the same any time people are threatened by that that is new or they don't understand, pick a topic. Sports, comic books, collector cards, politics, any make of classic cars or Tiddly-Winks.
........................................ ..
Ignore those people who never see the light, they will go on in their HATE no matter what anyone says or writes.

This is nothing more than human nature and it will always be so. It doesn't matter if we're talking about owners of Gen 1 Camaros laughing at owners of Gen 3 Camaros or Harley owners laughing at "rice burners" (ah yes, we must salute the group who invented the term "ricer" ) or the owners of rice burners laughing at Harleys cuz they are so slow.

Guys, it was no different here 5 years ago when people would troll over to the C5 section from the C4 section and talk about how C5's looked like a 3000 GT and how they regularly smoked C5's with their LT4, or how their modded C4 would beat a stock C5 (sound familiar ?).

A small percentage of the owners of the (N-1) version of the Widget will always be jealous of the owners of the (N) model Widget. How sad.
Old 08-21-2005, 02:06 PM
cyadotcom
Racer

Default how very true and well spoken

Originally Posted by need-for-speed
This is nothing more than human nature and it will always be so. It doesn't matter if we're talking about owners of Gen 1 Camaros laughing at owners of Gen 3 Camaros or Harley owners laughing at "rice burners" (ah yes, we must salute the group who invented the term "ricer" ) or the owners of rice burners laughing at Harleys cuz they are so slow.

Guys, it was no different here 5 years ago when people would troll over to the C5 section from the C4 section and talk about how C5's looked like a 3000 GT and how they regularly smoked C5's with their LT4, or how their modded C4 would beat a stock C5 (sound familiar ?).

A small percentage of the owners of the (N-1) version of the Widget will always be jealous of the owners of the (N) model Widget. How sad.
the minority need to be ignored because the majority of vette owners are REAL car people. every meet i have ever been to, show/drags/rallys,
all classes of people talk to each other. a central love of the vette always prevails. unfortunately i sold my 2001 vette and did the see ALASKA thing in a gmc yukon/prowler rv....then i sold them and bought
2005 330i bmw....it,s an alright car but that bmw forumn is a joke. what a bunch of losers,according to the polls they are mostly college graduates and earn over 150k per year...most don,t know sh== from shinola..i learned the most about my vette right here at this forumn.........very helpful......what u can learn at the bmw foromn is how far to park your car from everyone else..not that we don,t but that is like a MAJOR discussion in their forumn.........i,ll keep this car for 3-4 years and guaranteed i,ll be back with a new vette once more....
Old 08-21-2005, 02:21 PM
need-for-speed
Team Owner

Received 866 Likes on 609 Posts
CI 1-4-5-8-9-10 Vet
St. Jude Donor '03,'04,'05,'07,08,'09,'10,’17

Originally Posted by cyadotcom
the minority need to be ignored because the majority of vette owners are REAL car people. every meet i have ever been to, show/drags/rallys....

Absolutely I have been to three Corvetteforum Cruise Ins in Bowling Green and to several Corvetteforum get togethers at Houston Raceway Park and can attest to the good times and mutual admiration between the different generations of Corvettes. The people who meet face to face are almost always going to get along and have a good time. It's anonymous internet keyboard warriors who act like jackases.
Old 08-21-2005, 02:49 PM
FastMover
Drifting

Location: Tellico Plains, Tn "Wolf" Official Corvette Guard Dog
Cruise-In II Veteran
Cruise-In III Veteran

Originally Posted by Z51 Coupe
I have a theory maybe it is just you they do not like
Old 08-21-2005, 02:57 PM
Flatbush_Harry

...and BTW, college does not necessarily ruin you for driving a Corvette and owning a BMW does not automatically make you a bluenose. I'm actually an honors graduate of Bernie's Billiard and Flipper Parlour in Flatbush.

Flatbush Harry
Old 08-21-2005, 04:31 PM
Michael A
Le Mans Master

Received 3,011 Likes on 1,414 Posts

Wine and Cheese Types

Any idea why this is?
Would you rather they be "Malt Liquor 12-pack and Doritos" types?

Maybe it is because they are new to Corvettes, and don't know what to say to someone who is pumping up his ego blabbing on and on about how much he knows about every generation of Corvette.

Just a thought.

Michael
Old 08-21-2005, 04:53 PM
05C6spdvert
Drifting

Vette or 911, I'm still stand offish. Its my personality and no car is going to change that. Doesn't mean I don't like your car, its usually the drivers I'm avoiding.
Old 08-22-2005, 12:01 AM
RedC6
Burning Brakes

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by 05C6spdvert
Vette or 911, I'm still stand offish. Its my personality and no car is going to change that. Doesn't mean I don't like your car, its usually the drivers I'm avoiding.
The feeling is probably likewise

Get notified of new replies

To Why all the wine-and-cheese types in C6's?

Old 08-22-2005, 06:29 AM
Scott04Z
Burning Brakes

Location: I'm not quite middle aged and I only own one gold chain! San Jose CA

Originally Posted by EB20003
Congrats on the new Vette.

Z06s are more powerful versions of the base models, be they C5s or C6s. They also offer structural and weight advantages, and suspension and handling improvements which make them quite capable and race ready directly off the showroom floor.

But the Z06 first showed up in 1963. In 2001 the Z06 showed up again among C5 Vettes and was very popular among performance enthusiasts.

With its no nonsense, no frills, such as removable tops or convertable tops, performance first, everything else second, approach it became a hit among hard core performance people.

Because of this popularity, the latest rendition of the Z06, the C6 Z06 is eagerly awaited by members of the automotive community.

I am sure that as you spend more time here, you will become quite familiar with the terms Z51 option, C6, C5, as well as C5 Z06 and the new upcoming C6 Z06.

Congrats on the new Vette.
Way to go EB20003...your post makes me proud to be a Vette owner and a forum member!

Your's is the kind of response that made me desire to be a forum member in the first place.

The rest of this "my car is better than your car" crap is wearing mightly thin with me lately!
Old 08-22-2005, 07:26 AM
1955 BelAir
Eccentric Member
Support Corvetteforum!

Cruise-In VII Veteran
St. Jude Donor '05-'06-'07-'08-'09

Interesting thread
Old 08-22-2005, 10:39 AM
Low Rider
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 66 Likes on 45 Posts

Originally Posted by mss8022
As newbie myself to Vettes, I would think that everyone should be very pleased that people are switching to Vettes from many other types of cars. It is the sign of a quality automobile and really, IMHO, has nothing to do with whether you own a C6 or a C3 or a C5.

Every Vette sold helps GM keep the Vette alive...for everyone's benefit.
Damn good to see someone from California stick up for GM.....thought all you guys drove Beemers could not agree with you more I have loved Vettes all my life and have owned 10. I like em all from the latest C6 to the scrapped out hulk behind someones garage they are all cool.

Quick Reply: Why all the wine-and-cheese types in C6's?