C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Need Help Determining Delivery Date

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-2005, 10:23 AM
3rdBlackVette
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need Help Determining Delivery Date

Forum Members:

I need you help. My event code went to 3000 on 10/5 with an orginal estimate TPW of 10/24. However, the actual TPW has not been posted by GM yet.

I am currently leasing a car that ends on 10/25. The 'Vette is going to be drop-shipped to a local dealer. Question: How long after TPW does the car get shipped, and how long after that can I take possession.

I am trying to determine if I should extend my lease 1 month or rent a car.

Thanks.
Old 10-07-2005, 10:28 AM
1Day
Drifting

I was told, once your car has been build, it should take about 10 days to get to your dealer..a lot of different things affect this like, if there is a quality hold or how long does allied take to ship it etc..but typically my dealer told me 10 days..
Old 10-07-2005, 10:47 AM
MontereyRed

My dealer (Monica at Maxie Price in the Atlanta area) said they typically get the car the week after it is manufactured. I saw a post on the forum from New Hampshire that said it took about three weeks for his to arrive. If the car is released for shipment promptly (no quality holds etc.), it looks like it's a function of how far it's going and how many other cars are going there. Maxie Price is getting a full truck or more every week.

TPW is the Monday of the week they plan to produce the car. It seems very unlikely that you will get it by 10/25.
Old 10-07-2005, 10:48 AM
C6-er
Racer

When I was at BG on Tuesday the Allied lot was jammed to the gills and was told by Kevin that Allied was running behind.
Old 10-07-2005, 11:03 AM
JmpnJckFlsh
Safety Car

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by 3rdBlackVette
Forum Members:

I need you help. My event code went to 3000 on 10/5 with an orginal estimate TPW of 10/24. However, the actual TPW has not been posted by GM yet.

I am currently leasing a car that ends on 10/25. The 'Vette is going to be drop-shipped to a local dealer. Question: How long after TPW does the car get shipped, and how long after that can I take possession.

I am trying to determine if I should extend my lease 1 month or rent a car.

Thanks.
I figure you are going to need an additional two weeks transportation...crank the numbers and pick the cheaper one. Extending your lease by a month will give you a cushion, but renting by the week may turn out to be cheaper.

If your TPW of 10/24 holds, the car could be built as late as 10/28. I have a theory that cars that are built near the end of the week are more likely to ship quickly, and those that come off the line early in the week are more likely to be delayed slightly...Monday morning is the most likely time to start a cross-country truck shipment. Shipping depends on luck to some degree...is there a nearly full truck waiting, etc. My car came off the line Friday morning, and it was delivered in New Mexico the following Wednesday morning...and you know nothing moved on the weekend.

How long it takes you to pick the car up after it arrives at the dealer is under your control. I picked mine up the next morning...PDI was complete, and the car was clean and ready to go.

Last edited by JmpnJckFlsh; 10-07-2005 at 11:07 AM.

Get notified of new replies

To Need Help Determining Delivery Date

Quick Reply: Need Help Determining Delivery Date