C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Questions about ordering procedure...

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-2005, 11:35 AM
Gearhead Jim
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 2,051 Likes on 1,362 Posts
St. Jude Donor '13

Default Questions about ordering procedure...

The colors/options combination I want does not seem to be sitting on any dealer lot in the country, so it looks like I'll need to order it. Questions:

My problem will be the Z51 constraint, which is supposed to continue through the full model year. Is there any further word on how tight that will be? The weekly trend is not encouraging...

If my dealer submits the order and it is not accepted due to constraint, can they leave that order in for subsequent weeks and not lose the allocation, or does the allocation process have a "use it or lose it" for each week?

If my order does not go through due constraints in week 1, do I go to the top of the list in week 2? Or is it a different crap shoot each week?

When I ordered my 2001 C5, Magnetic Red was on constraint. After missing the order for several weeks, the dealership said they could not predict if I would ever get the car in that color, did I want to change? So I went with Torch Red and it was accepted that week. I absolutely insist on the Z51, so switching is not an option.

Using a dealer with a big allocation is helpful, but my local dealer sells a fair number of Corvettes and so switching dealers might not help much.
Old 10-19-2005, 11:43 AM
dstelbrink
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You are correct that the dealer must use the allocation or lose it. If they can fill your order they will just go to the next customer on the list or order a car for inventory.
Old 10-19-2005, 11:46 AM
Gearhead Jim
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

St. Jude Donor '13

dstelbrink-
Was that a typo?
I think you meant "If they CAN'T fill your order..."

Thanks for the info.
Old 10-19-2005, 11:47 AM
VET4LES
Team Owner

Received 59 Likes on 48 Posts

Even when Z51 is on constraint there are usually some accepted. The longer your order is in the better chance it will be picked up. I waited 3 additional week's in February for my Z51. Good luck.
Old 10-19-2005, 11:52 AM
Jimspeed
Racer

we get to see if we are allocated a constraint before ordering.

If we don't have the constraint allocated to us at the time, we would place a differnt order till we had one availble.
Old 10-19-2005, 12:04 PM
Gearhead Jim
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

St. Jude Donor '13

That's good, but I think the problem comes if the constraint blocks an order for the first week, then we have no idea when the order will go through. Next week, two weeks, three weeks, never...

Or is there a better way to predict who will get the constrained items in future weeks?
Old 10-19-2005, 12:08 PM
Jimspeed
Racer

no its completly random by GM. obviosuly vet sales help.
Old 10-19-2005, 12:12 PM
VET4LES
Team Owner

Received 59 Likes on 48 Posts

This is another reason to buy from a dealer with a large allocation. You have a much better chance of your order being picked up. I have not heard of any way to get a prediction for coming week's allocation. Call Monica at Maxie Price (770-466-7000) and she can tell you how the system works. I bought mine from her and she is the best. Maxie Price is the third largest Corvette in the US.

Get notified of new replies

To Questions about ordering procedure...

Quick Reply: Questions about ordering procedure...