C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ecklers Customer Service

Search this Thread

Old 11-04-2005, 04:22 PM
Flals2
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ecklers Customer Service

Well I have finally given up on Ecklers. Ever since I had a Camaro I used to buy parts from Ecklers. They started out doing all right then have been getting worse and worse. Just before I sold my Camaro I called from Orlando to Titusville (45 minute drive) to verify if they had a doorsill in stock. They said they did so I drove over just to find that they didn't have it in stock. Ok, They said they would have it shipped to the house with no charge. No biggie, I can wait a week or so. I finally get the part and its a full leather interior for a 67 Camaro. Book price about $800.00. My doorsill $50.00. I drove to Cocoa to do the honest thing and show them what I got and find out what happened. They had no clue but did thank me for returning it. I ended up canceling my order though due to the back order being indefinate.

Since then I seem to be given the run around every time I order something. I always call ahead they tell me they have the part then I get there and nope don't have it. Recently, this happened again but I still put the order in and most of it was back ordered. I went up there today because they had a part in stock that I wanted and I asked if they would price match a competitor as they had the same part $12.00
cheaper. I referred them to their price match guarantee they had in their catalog. The counter guy said the best he could do was 10% off the catalog price and that was only because I belonged to a worldwide Camaro and Central Florida F-Bodies. I said what about your guarantee he said sorry that is all I can do on it.

Well I just canceled a $400+ order for all the parts I had on order and told them that they need to pull their false advertisement ad from the catalog.

Has anyone else had any problems with them?

Sorry for the long rant.
Old 11-04-2005, 05:24 PM
dstelbrink
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Live in Jacksonville, Florida and have made some purchases. I have always done the mail but when I ordered a lot of parts I would have a list and the best price from each catalog. When I told them XYZ had the part for $$$$ they always gave me the lower price.

Good luck!

Quick Reply: Ecklers Customer Service