C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Stereo Upgrade Option

Search this Thread

Old 11-05-2005, 08:57 AM
archtop
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Stereo Upgrade Option

Here's my custom stereo system for those looking to upgrade with a full aftermarket system.
My goals were to have it as least intrusive as possible yet have a powerful "clean" high quality sound.I wish we could have hidden the power amps but there was really no way to do that.The system consists of an Alpine cd/mp3/xm head unit with removable headface and power tilt feature.Three Alpine power amps 1 for the front speakers,1 for the rears and 1 for the subs and are Stereo 120watts per channel totaling 720 watts(not massive power but adequate for a good really clean sound).Speakers are 8" Jl subs in the doors,4" MBquart reference coaxials in the fronts,5.125" MBquart coaxials in the rears.All speakers are in the stock speaker locations.MBquart passive crossovers are used for the tweeters in the coaxials.Doors were dynomated and there is no buzzing.Bass is solid and powerful but not of the magnatude of a seperate enclosure.I listen mostly to classic rock,Jazz fusion and classical and its perfect for that type of music.I have control of time alighnment,5 band para eq,and crossover slopes and points.Cost was 3k professionally installed by Cartunes of Atlanta.It works flawlessly and the xm volumes are almost identical between cd and mp3.

Old 11-05-2005, 09:27 AM
Dan Seagate
Advanced

Interesting! I was looking for someplace in the Atlanta area that did good work other than the big name commerical places so this is quite uesfeul. Not sure I am in to $3K but I am sure they have other options.

Old 11-05-2005, 09:56 AM
archtop
Drifting

Originally Posted by Dan Seagate
Interesting! I was looking for someplace in the Atlanta area that did good work other than the big name commerical places so this is quite uesfeul. Not sure I am in to $3K but I am sure they have other options.

I did mine when the car first came out so there weren't a lot of options as far as interfaces .Now you can buy interfaces so you can replace the power amps and keep the headunit yet get a line voltage out.I'm sure you can upgrade for half of what I paid and get a great sound.My system is really sweet though, and I love the XM and headunits advanced features.
Old 11-05-2005, 11:03 AM
Braced
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Very Nice! Thats the best and most practical install I've seen yet on a C6! Good job!

Get notified of new replies

To Stereo Upgrade Option

Quick Reply: Stereo Upgrade Option