C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Experiences with LoJack?

Search this Thread

Old 12-23-2005, 08:27 PM
jabez
Race Director

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Have LoJack on my 2004 Titan. Cost was 1100.00 for the Early warning program. If I slam door too hard or car is shaking /shaking too much without key in ignition I get email and phone call from Lojack.
Old 12-23-2005, 09:40 PM
C6Harley
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have owned 3 vehicles now (including my C6) with LoJack.

The price on a Lo Jack can be haggled, just like any other accessory being purchased at the dealer. I got my dealer to sell it to my for 499.99, but I have heard of others getting it even cheaper than that on occasion.

The Lo Jack has a battery backup in it in case the vehicle cannot pull its regular (wired) power.

If you live in a major city it is is a pretty sure thing that they have the lo jack tracking equipment.

The insurance discounts (I get 20% off of my comp) will pay for the lo jack over the ownership of the car. Some argue you are doing your insurance company a favor, but I like the thought that whoever steals my car will probably be caught. That makes me happy.

Just a couple of things to ponder.

Happy Holidays!
Old 12-26-2005, 12:18 AM
murphman72
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Go with LoJack. Actually, i say go with both LoJack and Onstar. And as someone previously said, the price for lojack can be negotiated. The upgraded system comes with a remote for your key chain. when the car is started without the sensor near by, LoJack is supposed to be notified. I trust it works. they called me once when my partner started the car without his sensor nearby.

lojack charges a one-time fee, and there's no monthly maintenance fee.

haggle with your dealer and make him (or her) match the price of your after market guy. That's what I would do.

And the sensor unit, I'm told by my technician, is customarily installed under the carpet behind the passenger seat. At least, that's the way they do it in Maryland.

Quick Reply: Experiences with LoJack?