C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Idiot street racers!

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2006, 08:00 PM
yukongt2000
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Stupid PUNK Drivers

I garauntee that at least one of us has been provoked by a punk who is no longer here because of losing control of his car and killing himself, or worse, killing someone else. Don't give into their games. If you have to prove something do it at the track.

Besides, the punk's girlfriend always STARES at YOUR car!!!
Old 03-12-2006, 08:11 PM
Velocity Steve
Racer
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by CaptSS
Just a reminder... speed limit in the left lane is the same as it is in the middle lane and the right lane!! People "perceive" the left lane to be exclusive for passing, fast lane, etc.... but he has the right to drive in which ever lane he choses.
Not always true. In some states, you can get a ticket for failing to keep to the right when not passing another vehicle.
Old 03-12-2006, 08:19 PM
Velocity Steve
Racer
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by Chupacabra
I think the process for obtaining a drivers license should be a bit more rigorous. Maybe ad an IQ test
That would solve our dependence on foreign oil and license plates would only have three digits.
Old 03-12-2006, 08:22 PM
Velocity Steve
Racer
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by EuroRod
Overconfidence will hurt you quicker than anything. Good luck, be careful, and keep the blue side up.
How's that saying go....There are a lot of old pilots and there are a lot of bold pilots but there are very few old bold pilots.
Old 03-12-2006, 08:26 PM
Another Yellow
Le Mans Master

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
St. Jude '03-'04-'05-'06

Originally Posted by hodgeee

I have drag raced friends cars on open roads out in the middle of no where, cause they were willing to take the same risk as me, so if something does happen, that is their problem. ......
That's not so. It would be your problem too as you could be charged with contributing to the accident/injury of your friend.
Old 03-12-2006, 08:27 PM
fts
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Wass
Relax...You can do 186, and they can't!
Old 03-12-2006, 08:44 PM
EuroRod
Race Director

Received 168 Likes on 66 Posts

"I agree with the other posters and just ignore him. They just will end up six feet under and having their parents bury them."

Actually, their parents don't bury them. We do! A friends daughter was in an accident and killed a latino. They could not find out who he was, or where he came from. He was buried in 'Poters Field'. There were no charges brought against her. Some one in Mexico is saying, "Why don't he write?" I say build the damn wall, 100 feet tall, 100 feet deep, then, throw them all back over it! They are going to bankrupt this country.
Old 03-12-2006, 09:57 PM
austinC6
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Driving the speed limit is certainly not obstructing traffic. Driving under the speed limit or stopping your vehicle on the highway is.
If you are driving the speed limit and the guy next to you is also driving the speed limit, you are obstructing traffic. It is your responsibility to make the pass (the quicker the better I always say) and move over to the right lane.

I give a signal turn to the middle lane and proceed to pass and give a signal to get back in the fast lane.
The question I was trying to raise concerning your original post was "why the move right back into the left lane"? If there were obstructions ahead in the "slow lane" then I apoligize for my boneheaded response. If not, my response that people should drive on the right and pass on the left stands.

I move over for faster drivers also, in response to that one bonehead response about the fast lane.
Again, moving over wouldn't be an issue if you weren't there in the first place.
Old 03-12-2006, 10:03 PM
shannanl
Melting Slicks

Okay deep breath. Those morons are everywhere out there. They drive everything from Mustangs to ricers to trucks. Just ignore them, sit back in the leather seats, turn up the stereo and enjoy the car you have. If they could afford it 75% of them would be driving a Vette too!
Old 03-12-2006, 11:11 PM
Tommy D
Le Mans Master

Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts
St. Jude Donor '05-'06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16
St. Jude donor in memory of jpee '14

Just a reminder... speed limit in the left lane is the same as it is in the middle lane and the right lane!! People "perceive" the left lane to be exclusive for passing, fast lane, etc.... but he has the right to drive in which ever lane he choses.

(Now donning protective suit!)
Fortunately or Unfortunately, (depending how you look at the law) when driving in the toxic state of Jersey, the left lane is for passing otherwise you are supposed to stay to the right. You can technically get a ticket for hanging out in the left lane.

BTW no need for a flame suit, you are entitled to your opinion as well as the rest of us
Old 03-12-2006, 11:39 PM
scottypman
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by FAsnakes
Don't sweat it. Just understand his adolescence. And BTW who give a $hit if his car is faster than yours. Fact is he's driving home in that $hit box and you have a Vette. You won that round, don't let them drag you down to their level.
Enjoy the rest of your weekend.
Well said
Old 03-13-2006, 10:21 AM
own2vettes
Melting Slicks

Sounds like an idiot. You did the right thing by ignoring hime. By the way, it sounds from your original post that you passed someoneon the the right. You didn't REALLY do that, did you?
Old 03-13-2006, 02:55 PM
hodgeee
Racer

Austin C6, Sorry didn't realize my response to you sounded so harsh, was just saying come on give me a break. I was talking about passing people in the far left lane by going around them in the right lane since they are doing under the speed limit in the supposed fast lane.

In Vegas I see the most mismatched drivers than anywhere else. When the speedlimit is 75, you will have others doing 90 in the far right lane, and an old truck or van doing 60 in the left lane. Then the majority of the drivers don't pay any attention and slow down to as little as 55mph, then speed up to 80, then back to 60, in a repeated cycle. I usually set my cruise control or maintain the speed I am driving. So even only doing 5 mph over the limit, I am usually passing the majority, but then there are others out there that just keep fading away ahead, making me feel slow.
Old 03-13-2006, 03:00 PM
own2vettes
Melting Slicks

The far left lane is meant for passing. Really, nobody should be driving in it for any extended lengths of time because of this. The only exception is probably those darn HOV lanes that are set up in some cities. Pass on the left only. The safest option. Too much of a blind spot on the right particularly if the person you're trying to pass is already a little mentally challenged.
Old 03-13-2006, 03:00 PM
ghostRder
Safety Car

I've had them tail-gate me--something I freakin hate. I just go slower and that really pee's them off
Old 03-13-2006, 03:03 PM
ghostRder
Safety Car

Originally Posted by Tommy D
Fortunately or Unfortunately, (depending how you look at the law) when driving in the toxic state of Jersey, the left lane is for passing otherwise you are supposed to stay to the right. You can technically get a ticket for hanging out in the left lane.

BTW no need for a flame suit, you are entitled to your opinion as well as the rest of us
Ah yes the NJST's favorite tools if nothing else they get you for "failure to keep right" ....
Old 03-13-2006, 03:54 PM
own2vettes
Melting Slicks

Yeah, but it is the courteuos thing to do in terms of driving. Proper driving etiquette mandates leaving the left lane open only for passing. The reason is clear: safety. Passing on the right is a no-no and creates a huge hazard due to the inherent blind spot on that side. Unfortunately, nobody abides by this unspoken rule of the road. Everyone seems to be under the impression that this is the "fast" lane; as if the speed limit is 70 in the other lanes but in this far left lane, the limit is 84.6. Passing only!!! Otherwise stay right....and stay safe.

Get notified of new replies

To Idiot street racers!

Old 03-13-2006, 07:27 PM
hodgeee
Racer

Come on, that is silly! With an open road, with sparadic traffic, that the fast lane could be open all the way to work and back and I can't pass the Uhaul doing 55 in the fast lane, who won't move over, so I am supposed to drive at 55 the whole way, when the limit is 65 or 75, bullcrap! That would mean that everyone would have to just drive the speed the one idiot mandates in the left lane. If you came up on someone doing that, don't freakin tell me you ain't gonna pass him. Just sit behind him and flash your lights at him for 30 minutes and hope! Don't pass on the right, where are you guys minds today? This is what I am talking about, I don't know how many times I am driving somewhere in the middle of the night, and you have either a Semi, or big van putting along in the far left lane when there is absolutely no traffic to be seen, and of course he is doing 10 to 15 under the speedlimit.

I think I know what you are trying to say, but that only applies if everyone drives curtious in the first place. What really pisses me off more than anything are these assmunches who drive the big dirt carriers, doing 80 mph driving in the middle lane, so they can evenly distribute rocks accross the entire freeway to smash everyones cars up with, with the dirt just pooring out of the center dump of the carriers. I know they have a job to do, but they are carrying like 20 tons of dirt, and driving like they are in Nascar, and they can't know that there truck is dumping tons of dirt and rocks all over the roads.
Old 03-13-2006, 07:46 PM
webdzynes
Safety Car

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by cthusker
I usually flash my badge for them to see and they disappear....
I would love to buy a fake one, but one that looks real from a distance, for exactly that reason! Do they make such a thing?
Old 03-13-2006, 08:25 PM
Safety Car

Originally Posted by own2vettes
Yeah, but it is the courteuos thing to do in terms of driving. Proper driving etiquette mandates leaving the left lane open only for passing. The reason is clear: safety. Passing on the right is a no-no and creates a huge hazard due to the inherent blind spot on that side. Unfortunately, nobody abides by this unspoken rule of the road. Everyone seems to be under the impression that this is the "fast" lane; as if the speed limit is 70 in the other lanes but in this far left lane, the limit is 84.6. Passing only!!! Otherwise stay right....and stay safe.

Here in PA, they passed a law which would ticket "left lane cruisers". This law would ticket those who travel in the left lane for extended distance without passing. I forget what the actual measured distance is. This was passed because of the road rage accidents caused by the dopes who cruise the left lane because they've been trained to do it by fear of trucks, bumps, etc. These VA plate, minivan drivers drive 55 (65 limit) in the left lane of the PA TPK and will absolutely refuse to pull into the right lane. Some of our more impatient residents have virtually run them off the road by cutting them off a bit too close. The law is smart and correct. Keep right unless passing.

Quick Reply: Idiot street racers!