C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

scared of z06...

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2006, 02:15 PM
MARDAG
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default scared of z06...

I love this... This poor gentleman has a little too much disposable income.

Cherry and mint 2006 Corvette ZO6 in Machine Silver with Titanium highlights interior; 2LZ package, Bose, Navigation. Standard wheels (not polished). Has about 5k miles which may increase if we have nice weather.

Ordered last August and factory delivered on 12/13/05 in Bowling Green, Kentucky; driven back to CA by 63 year old retired owner and another geezer. It was carefully broken in to all factory specs on the trip back to CA. Was rained on twice in Arkansas after leaving factory and now is garaged and only taken out in good weather. Only hand washed.

Absolutely flawless condition excepting light scrapes on bottom of chin spoiler. No curb rash or door nicks. Looks like new and we have all papers, books, documents, tickets, stickers etc. on hand. This car does everything the car mags wrote about and more. Only service required so far was the first oil change at Courtesy Chev in Morgan Hill.

Negatives are that it is noisy (you need to talk pretty loud above 60), sits really low and is firm riding. Once inside it is easy to drive with a light clutch and slick shifter. Really needs driver with younger reflexes and better fear management to realize its potential. It is fine for putting around town but if you give it some throttle it goes into rage, the scenery immediately gets blurry and first time passengers start looking for a barf bag. It has beyond awesome acceleration so even though we like the car we are a bit afraid of it.

We prefer our CL65 AMG for long trips since it is quieter, smoother riding and does not attract so much attention.

We plan to acquire an SL 65 AMG before summer so need to sell the Corvette to open garage space. We will negotiate reasonably with a serious, qualified buyer and suggest a pre-sale inspection at a Chevrolet dealer of buyer's choice. There will be no test drives until a deal is struck and a deposit has been placed. We're not going to list all the specs as those are all over eBay and GM's website.

* This item has been posted by-owner.
* this is in or around Royal Oaks
* yes -- it's ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests

Edited to remove seller info.

Last edited by LTC Z06; 03-12-2006 at 02:24 PM.
Old 03-12-2006, 03:07 PM
EuroRod
Race Director

Received 168 Likes on 66 Posts

I'd be glad to trade him for my lower powered C6
Old 03-12-2006, 03:17 PM
Landru
Race Director

Received 1,054 Likes on 826 Posts

Originally Posted by MARDAG
Negatives are that it is noisy (you need to talk pretty loud above 60), sits really low and is firm riding. Once inside it is easy to drive with a light clutch and slick shifter. Really needs driver with younger reflexes and better fear management to realize its potential. It is fine for putting around town but if you give it some throttle it goes into rage, the scenery immediately gets blurry and first time passengers start looking for a barf bag. It has beyond awesome acceleration so even though we like the car we are a bit afraid of it.

Hilarious!!
Can't make this stuff up!!

I really want one, now.
Old 03-12-2006, 03:22 PM
Mocoso
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hell Im half the guys age and my lowly C6 still manages to scare the bejezus out of me some times not sure that SL65 AMG is really much better behaved as far as the scenery goes though... have a feeling we may be seing a similar post in about a year for a "good priced" SL65
Old 03-12-2006, 03:30 PM
Mayonayze
Le Mans Master

Location: Prepare yourself, for a pride obliterating bich smack. Fairfax, VA
St. Jude Donor '06-'07-'08
SEC > BCS 4 St. Judes '09

C6 Z06 to SL65 is about as acceptable as my tolerances allow. i will let this one slide.
Old 03-12-2006, 03:43 PM
rwpatte
Le Mans Master

Received 102 Likes on 85 Posts

Originally Posted by Mayonayze
C6 Z06 to SL65 is about as acceptable as my tolerances allow. i will let this one slide.
Old 03-12-2006, 04:44 PM
TheJimer
Burning Brakes

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by Landru

Hilarious!!
Can't make this stuff up!!

I really want one, now.
I give the guy credit for having enough sense to realize that this car exceeds his abilities. It’s better to read this; then to see a post of some macho guy that rolled his new ZO6 into a ball because he was to proud to admit he could not handle it.

I use to own an A36 Bonanza, a high performance single engine airplane; the aviation community nicknamed the Bonanza “ The Doctor Killer”! Doctors loved the Bonanza because it was fast, sleek, sexy looking, expensive and most of all; their fellow Doctors had one; so they too had to own one! Very similar to the C6 ZO6, the Bonanza demanded respect, the problems was that many Doctors never took the time to properly hone their skills and learn to fly this very demanding, unforgiving airplane. Consequently, they would end up killing themselves and everyone aboard rather then admitting that it was more airplane then they could handle!

The C6 ZO6 demands “RESPECT”;….seems to me that this owner is giving the car it’s ultimate respect by selling it! My hats of to him!!!!!!!!

Just MHO!

Save the Wave

Jim
Old 03-12-2006, 04:58 PM
FasterTraffic
Race Director

Originally Posted by TheJimer
I give the guy credit for having enough sense to realize that this car exceeds his abilities. It’s better to read this; then to see a post of some macho guy that rolled his new ZO6 into a ball because he was to proud to admit he could not handle it.

Much better to realize that you're a 300HP driver behind the wheel of a 500HP car before you require the services of a tow truck and/or an ambulance. Not many people have that much common sense (and can hold down their ego long enough).
Old 03-12-2006, 05:52 PM
webdzynes
Safety Car

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts

Hmmmm..Not too sure about this. Sounds like the guy at a job interview who said when asked what his downsides are responded with, "well, I demand perfection and I work way too hard".
Old 03-13-2006, 09:38 AM
Landru
Race Director

Received 1,054 Likes on 826 Posts

Be that as it may, didn't you find the wording the guy used amoung the best testimonials for the new Z06's awsome power?
I sure did.

I use to own an A36 Bonanza, a high performance single engine airplane; the aviation community nicknamed the Bonanza “ The Doctor Killer”! Doctors loved the Bonanza because it was fast, sleek, sexy looking, expensive and most of all; their fellow Doctors had one; so they too had to own one! Very similar to the C6 ZO6, the Bonanza demanded respect, the problems was that many Doctors never took the time to properly hone their skills and learn to fly this very demanding, unforgiving airplane. Consequently, they would end up killing themselves and everyone aboard rather then admitting that it was more airplane then they could handle!
I recall the "Bonanza".
Had a "V" shaped vertical stabalizer, right?
Interestingly enough while out flying with my pal recently, he mentioned the Bonanza was a notoriously tricky airplane to fly, requiring the utmost skill.

The C6 ZO6 demands “RESPECT”;….seems to me that this owner is giving the car it’s ultimate respect by selling it! My hats of to him!!!!!!!!
Me too.
Wasn't bashing the old goat, just enjoying a laugh at his reaction.
Hell's bells I can almost guarentee my reaction to the Z06's power wouldn't be all that far off from his, sheer terror.

GM's legal should be informed Chevrolet's new 505HP Z06 Corvette could present a liability for the elderly, "at risk" driver.
Make a great advertising campaign, "carding" prospective Z06 owners at signing to see if they're too old to own such a car.
Old 03-13-2006, 04:26 PM
fts
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

He is going to an SL 65 AMG from a Z06 in large part because of fear of power surges!!! I must be missing something here.
Old 03-13-2006, 04:47 PM
Low Rider
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 66 Likes on 45 Posts

I sure as hell hope I don't consider myself a geezer when I get to 63 You would have thought it just might occur to him that 500HP just might be above his feeble abilities.
Old 03-13-2006, 05:03 PM
SHOOTER 49
Melting Slicks

I'm in my mid 50's and found just enough horsepower at 400. As one poster stated , even the 400 can be a lot to handle, especially when the run-craps won't bite, which is often. I find the Z06 AS OVERKILL.Yes, it is nice that lowly GM has a car to compete with virtually anyone in the world at a fraction of the cost. But to compete where? 505 is just not neccesary on any streets of the USA and will get the an undisiplined driver in a whole lot of trouble. So really, what is so damn attractive about having a car that has more power then it can safely utilize? Bragging rights I presume. It sure is sweet looking and a lot of folks want it far more then they will ever need it. And before anyone puts me in the old fogey class, I'll be your huckleberry at Maple Grove.
Old 03-13-2006, 06:08 PM
Z0SLIK
Race Director

Originally Posted by FasterTraffic

Much better to realize that you're a 300HP driver behind the wheel of a 500HP car before you require the services of a tow truck and/or an ambulance. Not many people have that much common sense (and can hold down their ego long enough).
Old 03-13-2006, 06:36 PM
MARDAG
Racer

Wow....you guys are a hoot. I just posted it to see if anyone wanted to buy it off him and give it to me,
Anyway, I agree with FasterTraffic. I'm 25 and there are days when 250 horses are just too much... (very rarely, but still)
Old 03-13-2006, 08:04 PM
norfolk
Cruising

Default Backwards

I have a 2006 c6. My friend has a SL65 and a SLR as well as a ZO6
the Z06 is very tame compared to his other two cars. If this guy thinks a Z06 has to much power wait until he drives the Mercedes it has 600+ horsepower It will leave the Z06 in its dust.
Old 03-13-2006, 09:19 PM
VET4LES
Team Owner

Received 59 Likes on 48 Posts

Well this 66 year old retired geezer would love to have a Z06. I need to convince my wife first then get rid of my C6 MN6 Z51 Mag Red and then go for it.

Get notified of new replies

To scared of z06...

Old 03-13-2006, 09:54 PM
ketchup
Burning Brakes

sl65 isn't exactly lightweight...so it wont blow the doors off the Z...slr maybe. I dont' know how they are.
Old 03-14-2006, 12:35 AM
Jagcvette
Melting Slicks

He sounds like he is just a vette poser. Needs to just switch to a luxury car instead of a sports car.
Old 03-14-2006, 12:45 AM
ItsFrench
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by norfolk
I have a 2006 c6. My friend has a SL65 and a SLR as well as a ZO6
the Z06 is very tame compared to his other two cars. If this guy thinks a Z06 has to much power wait until he drives the Mercedes it has 600+ horsepower It will leave the Z06 in its dust.
Ya gotta be kidding me...
Flush out your head gear.

Quick Reply: scared of z06...