C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

C6 Roof

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2006, 12:26 PM
Gburg
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default C6 Roof

What is a "Targa" roof on a 2005 C6?

Thanks,

Gburg
Old 03-27-2006, 12:40 PM
mlongo99
Le Mans Master

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Cruise-In VIII Veteran

A targa is a removeable roof, like T-tops, but it's only 1 piece so there's no "T". Every C6 coupe has a targa top except the Z06. The option is which roof panel you want... painted, clear, or both
Old 03-27-2006, 10:59 PM
Gburg
Pro

Originally Posted by mlongo99
A targa is a removeable roof, like T-tops, but it's only 1 piece so there's no "T". Every C6 coupe has a targa top except the Z06. The option is which roof panel you want... painted, clear, or both

Oh, okay. Did not know the proper term used for the removeable Vette roofs. Since all C6 coupes have the Targa roof, I think that the only way to get just the solid body color keyed roof would be to order the Vette from the factory. Most dealers seem to get the clear class and solid roof, to make more money. Like other dealers order cars with moonroofs. I am a hardcore hardtopper. No moonroofs, ragtops
need apply. I wish the roof did not come off at all, as I will never take it off. The glass roof is totally useless to me. If I get a car that comes
with both roofs, the glass one will be in my basement, until I trade the Vette for another one. I hate paying for something that I will never use.

Gburg
Old 03-27-2006, 11:02 PM
Jagcvette
Melting Slicks

Actually dual roofs are an extra option, so you can just get the colored roof and not pay anything extra. Might want to at least give a try before you decide to never use it.
Old 03-27-2006, 11:05 PM
Zymurgy

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 15,075 Likes on 6,173 Posts

Don't know where you live, but I really like the targa top. It is really very easy to take the top of and store it in the holders in the cargo area. Spring and fall weather are perfect time to experience that convertible experience without owning a convertible. The best of both worlds. FYI, the Z06 coupe is not a targa top.
Old 03-28-2006, 12:13 AM
jabez
Race Director

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Gburg
The glass roof is totally useless to me. If I get a car that comes
with both roofs, the glass one will be in my basement, until I trade the Vette for another one. I hate paying for something that I will never use.

Gburg
You could always sell the glass roof to me for cheap.

Get notified of new replies

To C6 Roof

Quick Reply: C6 Roof