C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Switching Convertible Top Colors?

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-2006, 01:09 PM
JUSAYHI
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Switching Convertible Top Colors?

Does anyone have an opinion on whether or not changing convertible top colors hurts the value of the car from Black to Beige for example? Has anyone done this? It seems like a simple thing to do?
Old 05-30-2006, 01:16 PM
6spdC6
Team Owner

Location: Northern NYs Adirondack Mountains,http://www.visitsacandaga.com.
Received 146 Likes on 109 Posts

Should not do anything IF it was a perfect job and a GM color.
Tops get damaged and replaced. Only people that might even notice wuld be judges at a major event
Old 05-30-2006, 01:22 PM
JUSAYHI
Racer

Originally Posted by 6spdC6
Tops get damaged and replaced. Only people that might even notice wuld be judges at a major event
That's true. I will order the replacement from the Chevy dealer. I was just wondering if there was something I wasn't thinking of. The replacement cover is $895, and I'm getting the car for invoice price. Its perfect except for the black top and I want beige.
Old 05-30-2006, 02:49 PM
6spdC6
Team Owner

Location: Northern NYs Adirondack Mountains,http://www.visitsacandaga.com.
Received 146 Likes on 109 Posts

Originally Posted by JUSAYHI
perfect except for the black top and I want beige.
Well its your car and if to enjoy it more change the color.
The only thing is a black top is much easier to keep clean and less of a problem with fold lines. The choce is yours do what is best for you
Have a good one, Dave

PS Mine is a black top and inside.
<<<<<<<<<<SEE picture
Old 05-30-2006, 02:54 PM
fts
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 6spdC6
Old 05-30-2006, 05:30 PM
Beach21
Racer

Does anyone have an opinion on whether or not changing convertible top colors hurts the value of the car from Black to Beige for example? Has anyone done this? It seems like a simple thing to do?
The tan was on restraint when I ordered my DSMO 05 vert. I intended to change as you did but got used to the black so never executed the changeover. I did see a DSMO with tan top last week and I definitely like it better. Its now a tossup to change it out or just wait for the 07's. Good luck on your decision!
Old 05-30-2006, 06:26 PM
C2Jeff
Melting Slicks

Received 84 Likes on 42 Posts

That's true. I will order the replacement from the Chevy dealer. I was just wondering if there was something I wasn't thinking of. The replacement cover is $895, and I'm getting the car for invoice price. Its perfect except for the black top and I want beige.
There's no accounting for taste: I specifically wanted the tan top for my DSOM vert because I also wanted cashmere intereior, and I got what I wanted. Then I saw a DSOM vert with cashmere but with the black top and reailzed I wanted the black top! Too bad you're not nearby because I'd be happy to swap tops with you!
Old 05-30-2006, 06:45 PM
rpspa
Instructor

Default top change experience

This goes back 26 years. I had a TR8, the top was slashed by a kid. Insurance replaced the top but what I didn't know was that to replace the top rivets were drilled out to do the job. The rivets remained in the windshield channel and rolled about when turning corners...drove me crazy.
Old 05-30-2006, 10:29 PM
JUSAYHI
Racer

Ok, here's the whole story. I currently have a 2005 DSOM/Cashmere/Beige top 6220 miles (now for sale) and I love it (See my Avatar, that's me) I ordered it the very next day it came off contraint, but I didn't get the power top or the NAV and now I can't seem to live without either option. So, I got this wild idea to try to find a 2006 left over with the colors I wanted, etc, just like mine except with NAV and Power top. I found two, but then I found a 2005, still BRAND NEW in the dealer show room, but with a black top. I got it for under invoice as I should at this late date I suppose.

The fold lines do make me MAD with the beige top since I waited about 5 months after the verts came out to get my order in because of the fold line issue, and IT STILL HAS FOLD LINES. Not very bad at all, but still, I EXPECT PERFECTION for $60k!!!, hahaha

I think I really lucked out finding this new 2005 and the top switcharoo doesn't seem to be a big show stopper, but I wanted a second opinion. I always like to run stuff by the Forum because it just makes me feel so much better about any decision I make regarding my pride and joy :-)

thanks for all the opinions, and who knows, I may just change tops to match my outfit, hahahaha, TOTALLY KIDDING!!!!!!! but I'm a woman so I'm entitled to say silly things like that right :-)
Old 05-31-2006, 08:38 PM
Tom_Slick
Le Mans Master

Received 59 Likes on 32 Posts

Go with black and forget about it...
Old 05-31-2006, 08:58 PM
ALFONSE
Burning Brakes

Default Top

I own a 2005 vert, ordered a beige top but constraits forces me to change my order from beige to black. You know what they say "Once you go black you never come back", they are right! I have seen DSOM with beige tops and it sort of disappears, the black top stands out. With the black top, black trim around the doors and dash and my black mats the color contrast is great but that a DSOM car. Depending on your car color and likes go for it, it will change nothing except the way you look at and enjoy your car! We're you at the Cruise In?
AL
Old 05-31-2006, 10:28 PM
C2Jeff
Melting Slicks

Received 84 Likes on 42 Posts

Ok, here's the whole story. I currently have a 2005 DSOM/Cashmere/Beige top 6220 miles (now for sale) and I love it (See my Avatar, that's me) I ordered it the very next day it came off contraint, but I didn't get the power top or the NAV and now I can't seem to live without either option. So, I got this wild idea to try to find a 2006 left over with the colors I wanted, etc, just like mine except with NAV and Power top. I found two, but then I found a 2005, still BRAND NEW in the dealer show room, but with a black top. I got it for under invoice as I should at this late date I suppose.

The fold lines do make me MAD with the beige top since I waited about 5 months after the verts came out to get my order in because of the fold line issue, and IT STILL HAS FOLD LINES. Not very bad at all, but still, I EXPECT PERFECTION for $60k!!!, hahaha

I think I really lucked out finding this new 2005 and the top switcharoo doesn't seem to be a big show stopper, but I wanted a second opinion. I always like to run stuff by the Forum because it just makes me feel so much better about any decision I make regarding my pride and joy :-)

thanks for all the opinions, and who knows, I may just change tops to match my outfit, hahahaha, TOTALLY KIDDING!!!!!!! but I'm a woman so I'm entitled to say silly things like that right :-)
You'd look gorgeous no matter what top color you choose!
Old 06-11-2006, 01:19 PM
purple heart
Melting Slicks

Received 77 Likes on 52 Posts

I second that too!

Get notified of new replies

To Switching Convertible Top Colors?

Quick Reply: Switching Convertible Top Colors?