C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Windshield Residue

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-2006, 11:13 AM
cedanford
Heel & Toe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Windshield Residue

I have had my C6 since mid February. Recently, I have noticed what appears to be a fogging on the inside of the windshield. Just a couple of streaks that run from top down about 6-8 inches. I first thought it was just moisture, but it is actually some sort of residue. I clean it off and the next time I drive, I notice it again. Anyone have any ideas..fumes of some sort?
Old 06-13-2006, 11:25 AM
BLU2FUL
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It's very probable you have a residue from the manufacturing process....either the car or the glass itself. Potential causes are many. Suggest you clean with 3M adhesive remover first and follow up with Stoner's Invisible Glass using old newspapers to take it off. Outgassing of the vinyls in a new interior will cause glass to fog on a new car....quickly if it sees higher temps from sitting in the sun. Some windshield sunscreens use a vinyl product to reflect the suns rays. Guess what....they will fog the glass in a NY minute.

Hope this works for you.
Old 06-13-2006, 11:29 AM
AFVETTE
Team Owner

Received 41 Likes on 28 Posts

It's been around for decades, it's getting better with improved technology, but it's still a by product of the manufacturing process. There is a term for this. It's called the "Vinyl Fog".

I will say it's no where near as bad as my C5's though. The inside of the glass would look hazy with a day of a full on detail. The C6 takes several days before I get annoyed.

It does get better with age.

Tom
Old 06-13-2006, 02:09 PM
Gearhead Jim
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 2,060 Likes on 1,368 Posts
St. Jude Donor '13

Originally Posted by AFVETTE
It's been around for decades, it's getting better with improved technology, but it's still a by product of the manufacturing process. There is a term for this. It's called the "Vinyl Fog".

I will say it's no where near as bad as my C5's though. The inside of the glass would look hazy with a day of a full on detail. The C6 takes several days before I get annoyed.

It does get better with age.

Tom

Or is our vision getting worse with age, so we don't see the haze as much?

Get notified of new replies

To Windshield Residue

Quick Reply: Windshield Residue