C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Brite Ideas 44 LED spoiler question/problem.....

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2006, 09:42 PM
mlinn1967
Racer

Received 28 Likes on 21 Posts

Default Brite Ideas 44 LED spoiler question/problem.....

I installed the VY 44 LED spoiler on my 07 yesterday!!! It looks 1000000 times better than the stock one!!!!! HOWEVER, the paint does not match!!!! It looks like it's between Milenium and Velocity yellow...anyone else get a yellow one that didn't match? If so, did they send you a replacement that did match? I called and sent an email today, and have yet to get a response.....

Also, is the rear of the spoiler supposed to sit flush with the car? Mine is sunk in some....I may have tighten it too tight....or maybe it needs some washers under it to raise it up some.....

Thanks,
Mark
Old 07-20-2006, 11:23 PM
dgrawr
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi...I installed my 44 LED spoiler the moment I got home this spring in my DSOM and the color match was dead on. Also, it didn't sit any differently than the stock one. You may have tightened it too much. I've heard good things about their customer service...I hope it all works out for you.
Old 07-20-2006, 11:31 PM
FB3
Racer
Support Corvetteforum!

I purchased one for my montery red car. The paint was a perfect match. Shortly after installation several sections of led's failed. The fit to the car was good and I was very careful not to over torque the fasteners.

I contacted them and was told to return it and they would repair the led's. However, I like the factory light in a body colored spoiler better, so will stick with that.

I do think that the vendor is very good, so I am sure that you will be satisfied in the long run.
Old 07-21-2006, 06:44 AM
AFVETTE
Team Owner

Received 41 Likes on 28 Posts

I initially over tighten the nuts, after loosening them the spoiler found its "natural" resting place and thats where I stopped. My color match is PERFECT:

I'd contact Lloyd and double check your order.

Tom
Old 07-21-2006, 06:59 AM
ajint2
Advanced

post a couple of pictures of the close up.
Old 07-21-2006, 07:13 AM
FAA-ATC
Instructor

Can anyone comment on the quality, especially the brightness, of the 44 LED lights? I've held off on purchasing because I got the idea somewhere that they weren't as bright as stock and people were disappointed in their light output. I would like to try them if anyone can recommend the quality of the lights. I have the pulser doodad that makes it blink when first applied and like it a lot and wonder how it would look with the 44 LED kit.
Old 07-21-2006, 08:08 AM
Pipedreams
Race Director

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
St. Jude Donor '06-'07

Most people I see that get aftermarket painted item in M yellow or V yellow are dispointed. It's because most shops paint these in a single stage paint and as many know both yellows are a base / tint / clear. You can not get an 100% match with a single stage. Even my fuel rail covers from GM are very close but not dead on. Since they are not sitting on the OEM paint they look good.
Old 07-21-2006, 08:27 AM
RJNADWODNY
Advanced

Same here on an 05 MY. Didn't match at all. Now it and the door handle trims sit on a shelf in my garage until i get time to get it repainted. More money down the drain.........
Old 07-21-2006, 11:45 AM
robotpedlr
Instructor

I wish they would make a flat black one that matches the stock light. I have a silver car and like the contrast instead of a silver on silver look.
Old 07-21-2006, 11:52 AM
The Squeaky Wheel
Advanced

Originally Posted by robotpedlr
I wish they would make a flat black one that matches the stock light. I have a silver car and like the contrast instead of a silver on silver look.
I'm right there with you.
I really like the contrast of the black spoiler & door handles on my Monty Red
Old 07-21-2006, 01:24 PM
Braced
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Pipedreams
Most people I see that get aftermarket painted item in M yellow or V yellow are dispointed. It's because most shops paint these in a single stage paint and as many know both yellows are a base / tint / clear. You can not get an 100% match with a single stage. Even my fuel rail covers from GM are very close but not dead on. Since they are not sitting on the OEM paint they look good.
The MY one I have does not match either. Nor does the Z06 one I got from another vendor. I found a custom car shop here that claims they can repaint them to match exactly. He spotted it right off. He claimed there was too much green in the mix. It looks fine most of the time but when in dark lighting such as a garage it stands out. It's the little things that drive me crazy!
Old 07-21-2006, 06:24 PM
jbh2403
Pro
Support Corvetteforum!

Sounds like I would be better off going with a painted Z06....?.....Would I have a better chance of the color matching....?....I've thought about buying from vetteshop.com.....anyone have experience buying VY Z06 spoiler and door handles from them?

Get notified of new replies

To Brite Ideas 44 LED spoiler question/problem.....

Quick Reply: Brite Ideas 44 LED spoiler question/problem.....