C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

So it's not the Z06?????

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2006, 12:44 PM
Hoonose
Team Owner

Received 77 Likes on 66 Posts

Originally Posted by shurite44
People are morons. Who cares what they think.
It takes two people to complete the 'So it's not a Z06?' comment
Meaning that the Vette owner must feel some pangs of regret, incompetece or lack of manliness about his choice of the 'regular' Vette to react in a negative way.
Similar to the comment 'So why didn't you get the manual'?

If someone asks me the Z06 question I tell them I don't need all that much power. I didn't want to spend all that extra money.
I don't feel threatened by the question. My manliness is what it is, It doesn't change when I'm in my Suburban.
Old 08-26-2006, 12:49 PM
ProfMoriarty
Team Owner

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Hoonose
If someone asks me the Z06 question I tell them I don't need all that much power. I didn't want to spend all that extra money.
I don't feel threatened by the question. My manliness is what it is, It doesn't change when I'm in my Suburban.
Who needs such a big SUV?
Old 08-26-2006, 12:50 PM
shurite44
Le Mans Master

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Hoonose
It takes two people to complete the 'So it's not a Z06?' comment
Meaning that the Vette owner must feel some pangs of regret, incompetece or lack of manliness about his choice of the 'regular' Vette to react in a negative way.
Similar to the comment 'So why didn't you get the manual'?

Hoonose I can never tell if we agree or disagree.

Anyway I generally don't take well to people giving me ****. Everyone who knows me knows this, so I really don't have much of a problem with idiots saying dumb stuff to me.

But if someone was dumb enough to come up and say something like that I would simply tell them to F*$& off. Then I would promptly forget it ever happened and press on with my marvelous day.
Old 08-26-2006, 12:56 PM
Frenchican
Safety Car

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have an '06 Z06 and I get alot of looks and

I hear this alot "is that the new vette?" I say Yeah, it's a C6. I don't think that the general public can tell the difference, so I leave it at that.

I'm not the "No it's a Z06, not a C6" jerk wad. I hate that "Mine's better" crap! My ego doesn't need constant affirmation.

The C6 is an amazing machine, to me, ALL vettes are
Old 08-26-2006, 01:38 PM
C2Jeff
Melting Slicks

Received 84 Likes on 42 Posts

Originally Posted by ProfMoriarty
Who needs such a big SUV?
Al Gore?
Old 08-26-2006, 01:42 PM
Atomic Punk
Race Director

Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts

happnes to me all the time. no big deal thou
Old 08-26-2006, 01:50 PM
fergy flyer
Melting Slicks

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I had a guy ask me if mine was the fast one or the slow one. I said it'll do over 180 mph. He said oh it's the fast one. I said no, the slow one, I didn't need to do 196 mph and wanted a removeable top.
Old 08-26-2006, 01:59 PM
railgun
Pro
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

That's 198 mph to you, and the Z06 has a flying top too!

Actually I answer honestly. I bought the best performance car I could afford/justify. I might buy a Z06 after the hype fades away but I'm not going to pay above MSRP.
Old 08-26-2006, 02:02 PM
Atomic Punk
Race Director

Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Frenchican
I have an '06 Z06 and I get alot of looks and

I hear this alot "is that the new vette?" I say Yeah, it's a C6. I don't think that the general public can tell the difference, so I leave it at that.

I'm not the "No it's a Z06, not a C6" jerk wad. I hate that "Mine's better" crap! My ego doesn't need constant affirmation.

The C6 is an amazing machine, to me, ALL vettes are
Old 08-26-2006, 02:19 PM
shurite44
Le Mans Master

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

You guys are too nice.
Old 08-26-2006, 03:01 PM
BLU-BY-U
Le Mans Master

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ProfMoriarty
If you race or if you just want the bragging rights of 500 ponies and are willing to sacrifice the sleek, sculpted lines of the C6 for the bulky nose and afterthought looking scoops of the Z06...then the Z06 is the way to go.

There's no arguing with the Z06's performance. Too bad they didn't give more thought to its appearance.

ya, right
Old 08-26-2006, 03:10 PM
shortski
Drifting

Originally Posted by railgun
I might buy a Z06 after the hype fades away but I'm not going to pay above MSRP.
I'm with you on that. Can't count the number of dealers I've walked out of because of ADM, AMV or MVA stickers on vehicles. I always ask to talk to the sales manager and let them know why I'm walking and make it clear that I will not recommend them to anyone. Some care some don't, I had one dealer call me back and say he would sell it at sticker, told him it was too late.
Old 08-26-2006, 03:11 PM
ProfMoriarty
Team Owner

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by C6Jeff
Al Gore?
To haul around to small, independent book stores his runaway best seller: "How I Invented an Environmentally Sound Internet".
Old 08-26-2006, 03:30 PM
Whiterock1
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by capevettes
My question to them would be , "What are you driving?"
Old 08-26-2006, 03:39 PM
Whiterock1
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by railgun
That's 198 mph to you, and the Z06 has a flying top too!

Actually I answer honestly. I bought the best performance car I could afford/justify. I might buy a Z06 after the hype fades away but I'm not going to pay above MSRP.
The difference between 198 and 186 is unnoticeable in virtually any situation I can imagine. Lots of cars faster than a Z06. Not that many more outside of that group that are faster than my C6. So, basically whogas.
Old 08-26-2006, 03:47 PM
lexaudio
Melting Slicks

Well this is always a fun one.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=Ua0PUjYlIKE

5th Gear. Viper vs C6 (not even the Z51).

You'll love the test drivers comment on the Viper. "There isn't one thing I like about this car(Viper). It is just absolute garbage."

LEX
Old 08-26-2006, 03:49 PM
300Z51
Pro

Originally Posted by AFVETTE
Blame the media. Take a look at any major car mag in the last 12 months and any time they mention or review or compare a Corvette to anything else, it's always the Z06. I have no problem with that, I don't want MT or CD to compare a non Z06 vette to a Viper or GT etc and have it's head handed to itself.

But that's the power of the media. I will tell you that this is REAL. I put up with that for 3 years when I bought my 99 coupe. I finally bought an 03 Z and suddenly I was in the "BIG's".

Oh well, I'd love to own a new Z06 but I have plans to retire early (in 4 years).

Tom
I was about to post about the same response. For about a year-from when the C6 was first introduced until the Z06 was introduced the regular C6 was the media darling. Ever since the Z06 came out, I am hard pressed to find a single article about a regular C6 in a major mag. The last major one was the Car and Driver in which the regular C6 spanked the new Mustang GT500. On the bright side for us "regulars", I had a friend of mine say to me, "Wow, you spent $70k on your car!" Of course I explained to him that he must have been looking at the Z06 model and explained the difference.

Get notified of new replies

To So it's not the Z06?????

Old 08-26-2006, 04:07 PM
Fastronaut
CF Senior Member Emeritus
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by capevettes
My question to them would be , "What are you driving?"
Old 08-26-2006, 06:00 PM
Hoonose
Team Owner

Received 77 Likes on 66 Posts

Originally Posted by shurite44
Hoonose I can never tell if we agree or disagree.
If 'people are morons', and I'm not saying they are or not, then your immediate impulse was that the question was designed to berate you, put you down, or dominate over you. Otherwise why would you be on the defensive? And I'm not saying that your feeling or reaction is wrong, it is very much human nature. But it may mean that your car and it's attributes are having too significant effect on your ego and persona.
But to some degree, I'm the same way, so I don't think agree or disagree is the question. It's more like exploring one's feelings a little deeper, and why we tend to naturally do this or that...
Old 08-26-2006, 06:07 PM
Lebowski
Burning Brakes

In my case the answer is quite simple - I can't afford the ZO6. Maybe 2-3 years from now I'll be able to, but not yet.

The ZO6 is a great car and a great value (arguably even a better value than the base C6), but the price difference of ~$20k is not insignificant at all. Not everyone who can afford a $50k car can afford a $70k car.

The comment of "why would anybody buy a corvette that isn't a ZO6" is laughable and ignorant. That's like saying, "why would anybody buy a sports car other than a Ferrari". I'd like to see what that ****head drives and whether it cost him $70k.

Quick Reply: So it's not the Z06?????