C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

C6/Z06 Reliability Issues

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-2006, 03:02 PM
LS WON
Team Owner

Received 272 Likes on 234 Posts

Originally Posted by rmp
I disagree; I think they are legitimate and their surveys are statistically valid and unbiased. They do emphasize practicality and safety in their ratings but they are a good starting point to research a product.
They are good for researching Japanese cars and not american cars.
Old 09-26-2006, 04:32 PM
Flatbush_Harry

Originally Posted by 55VETTE4EVER
I just read the current Consumer Reports review of the C6/Z06 versus the Porsche, Viper and some of the others. At the end of the report, they listed "reliability" to be very poor. Their words, not mine. Is anyone having any major reliability problems with the cars.
In 16 months and 3400 mi, I have not had a single malfunction or issue. In addition, having gotten v 3.0 of the Nav Disk, I get better performance out of that system as well. To date, my '05 C6 is as reliable as any car I've ever owned (includes 3 Hondas, 2 BMWs, 2 Toyotas, 1 Jeep Wrangler and a series of forgettable Pontiacs in my youth). Net, net, CR may call it a little harshly.

Harry
Old 09-27-2006, 01:04 PM
cadguymark
Safety Car

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

CR automobile reliability ratings are not scientific for many reasons, most serious of which is it is a survey which depends upon consumer response, anyone who is familiar with statistical methods will tell you that a survey is only accurate to the respondents who reply, unless you have a VERY high response rate AND you elicit response from a population which reflects the total population (in this case owners of a particular car). Only about 1/10 of those elicited for CR survey respond, and those surveyed are subscribers to CR, hardly reflective of the true population of car owners. Their ratings fail scienfifically on both counts. And to be truly scientific they need to publish their data and describe their methodology. They do not, and they are not.

here is another take on the accurcay of the reliability reports:

http://www.truedelta.com/pieces/newdots.php
I don't know how anybody could possibly have any faith in CR survey after reading this piece.

and this written by someone who took part in a CR syrvey:
http://www.truedelta.com/pieces/cr_survey.php

Last edited by cadguymark; 09-27-2006 at 02:30 PM.
Old 09-27-2006, 04:20 PM
Boozman
Le Mans Master

Received 58 Likes on 54 Posts

Originally Posted by welcome2try
Flying roof issues? C6 Z06 has a fixed roof..

Yes but they are still having a problem go over to the z06 section and read some of the treads.

Quick Reply: C6/Z06 Reliability Issues