C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I'm thinking about buying a C6... initial ?'s

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2007, 10:53 AM
Mark Ducati
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I'm thinking about buying a C6... initial ?'s

Hi all,

I've been a member here years ago when I had my C5... been so long, guess my old account went the way side.

My how this site has grown and changed. AND how the C6 has changed from the C5!

More power, more toys...

Just sorry they never integrated the Valentine 1 into the HUD.

I sold my C5 when we had the baby 3 years ago, got a new practice started, money is rolling in and I'm ready for another Corvette.

I was going to save for a 360 Modena, but that's not going to happen for about 10 years now (another baby on the way), but the C6 is still doable right now.

So, I've never seen paddle shifters on anything but the Ferrari... how do they work? Do you still have to use a clutch? What's the general concensus been on paddle shifters? Do you like them better than a standard 6 speed stick?

Is GM coming out with anything new next year that I should hold off til '08 to buy a vette?

Thanks,
Mark (previously kramrd).
Old 02-07-2007, 11:11 AM
SteveJ
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Welcome back. The C6 paddle shifters are merely steering wheel controls on an automatic (slushbox) transmission. The Ferrari has a true manual transmission with computer controlled clutch action as used in F1 cars. The 2008 will have a new engine with more horsepower and new manual transmission. There is a possibility that there may be more significant upgrades, but we won't know until the details are released on April 23
Old 02-07-2007, 11:14 AM
Mark Ducati
Pro

Thanks Steve,

I really liked the idea of the F1 paddle shifters on the Ferrari, but if the Corvette's is a basic mockup, I think I'll go with the standard 6 speed. I'll probably wait until '08 then for the engine upgrade.
Old 02-07-2007, 06:50 PM
Jimbeaux
Melting Slicks

Received 13 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Mark Ducati
Thanks Steve,

I really liked the idea of the F1 paddle shifters on the Ferrari, but if the Corvette's is a basic mockup, I think I'll go with the standard 6 speed. I'll probably wait until '08 then for the engine upgrade.
Old 02-07-2007, 07:37 PM
PAVette
Melting Slicks

Welcome back!
Old 02-07-2007, 07:42 PM
Sven
Team Owner

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
St. Jude Donor '08-'09

Originally Posted by Mark Ducati
Just sorry they never integrated the Valentine 1 into the HUD.
also really wish iPod interface was included ... even crappy ricers have that from the factory. Whether you buy current config or wait for 08, you'll be very happy with the other improvements/refinements that have taken place.

Get notified of new replies

To I'm thinking about buying a C6... initial ?'s

Quick Reply: I'm thinking about buying a C6... initial ?'s