C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Money- Under The Hood

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2007, 06:16 PM
TN 2005 C6
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cruise-In VI, VII & XII Veteran
St Jude Donor '07-'08-'09

Al the purchases I have made from Ed have been first rate and the service is unmatched.
Old 02-20-2007, 06:21 PM
05dwived
Instructor

Originally Posted by ByByBMW
I just have to jump in and say Ed will get you what you want. His decision to do business the way he does is his call, for whatever reason. I just hope you can get by that and buy the best. I don't think I have EVER seen a negative response concerning his products.
Great products and no problems
Old 02-20-2007, 06:24 PM
rothchilds
Melting Slicks

Received 49 Likes on 37 Posts

you guys need to put down the crusader's cross

He's not bashing Ed, he just wants to deal with someone on the phone, not everyone is comfortable using online communication only.
Old 02-20-2007, 06:25 PM
Sven
Team Owner

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
St. Jude Donor '08-'09

Originally Posted by Carlv
So, can anybody reccomend a vendor that might actually have a website for caps, and covers, either painted, SStl, Alum anodized etc.
as requested, an actual website: http://www.nakidparts.com/

I have purchased almost every product Ed makes. Highest quality, very prompt delivery ... never an issue. Feel free to go elsewhere, but if you're not happy, no
Old 02-20-2007, 06:25 PM
willisfast
Racer

Default Great

Ed Is Great To Deal With He Will Take Care Of You. I Meet He In NY And Did Not Know Him Gave Him Money And My Hood Liner And When His Was Done Put It On My Car.very Easy To Deal With.
Old 02-20-2007, 06:27 PM
1bdasvt
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

St. Jude Donor '06-'09

I know how You feel,I don't like "typing"my words to somebody{only if it's on the forum},I'm a "pick up the phone and talk to me" kind of guy!
I also have bought from Ed,{alot of stuff,just look at my pics!}
and He is an OUTSTANDING person to do biz with!!
I'm sure He'll e-mail You or something like that!

Take care,George
Old 02-20-2007, 06:29 PM
Pipedreams
Race Director

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
St. Jude Donor '06-'07

I gave him my phone # in my email to him. That's what really confused me. I figured the guy doesn't even want to do business on the phone. What's up with that? If he's reading this thread he can PM me and we'll go from there. Or, just call me for GSakes.

Thanks
I am very sorry. Here is the story, I am a one person business that has grown thanks to all these nice people on the forum to a level that has me working night and day, ordering, building, shipping developing my web site and so on. Phone calls take time and result in other phone calls and I would end up taking phone calls all day long instead of getting orders out. The mail reason is I rather have all designs and discussions documented in email so when I screw up we both know it. I have done the most complex designs via email, give it a chance, it works. You found time to post this but not to tell me what you wanted to order With 5000 sales in the past yr I must be doing something right
Old 02-20-2007, 06:36 PM
CV-4606
Burning Brakes

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Pipedreams
I am very sorry. Here is the story, I am a one person business that has grown thanks to all these nice people on the forum to a level that has me working night and day, ordering, building, shipping developing my web site and so on. Phone calls take time and result in other phone calls and I would end up taking phone calls all day long instead of getting orders out. The mail reason is I rather have all designs and discussions documented in email so when I screw up we both know it. I have done the most complex designs via email, give it a chance, it works. You found time to post this but not to tell me what you wanted to order With 5000 sales in the past yr I must be doing something right

ok ok ok ok ok ok ok ok already. I got the message. Ed I sent you an email with my picks. Please get back to me. SOOOOOry for any misunderstanding.

carlv
Old 02-20-2007, 06:48 PM
Sven
Team Owner

St. Jude Donor '08-'09

ok ok ok ok ok ok ok ok already. I got the message. Ed I sent you an email with my picks. Please get back to me. SOOOOOry for any misunderstanding.
Atta boy! Isn't peer pressure a wonderful thing? If for some reason you're not happy ... I'll buy you a beer!
Old 02-20-2007, 06:51 PM
Pipedreams
Race Director

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
St. Jude Donor '06-'07

Thank you all so very very much

Last edited by Pipedreams; 02-20-2007 at 07:00 PM.
Old 02-20-2007, 07:23 PM
Dvlray6
Drifting

St. Jude Donor '07-'08-'09

Originally Posted by Pipedreams
Thank you all so very very much
Thank you Ed for the outstanding support of corvette enthusiasts everywhere!!! I know Carlv will be pleased with his purchase.
Old 02-20-2007, 07:38 PM
Zymurgy

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 15,106 Likes on 6,184 Posts

... So, can anybody reccomend a vendor that might actually have a business phone or website for caps, and covers, either painted, SStl, Alum anodized etc.

Thanks-Carlv
I'm a little curious why you thought Ed (Pipedreams aka NakidParts) does not have a web site. If you click on the Member Name of a post by a supporting vendor you will usually see a link to their homepage. This certainly hold true for Pipedreams.

Old 02-20-2007, 07:45 PM
1bdasvt
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

St. Jude Donor '06-'09

5000 sales in one year!!??$$$
How 'bout some FREE stuff!!
Old 02-20-2007, 07:50 PM
Zymurgy

Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by 1bdasvt
5000 sales in one year!!??$$$
How 'bout some FREE stuff!!
Ed has given away a lot of free stuff.

Old 02-20-2007, 07:58 PM
CV-4606
Burning Brakes

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Zymurgy
I'm a little curious why you thought Ed (Pipedreams aka NakidParts) does not have a web site. If you click on the Member Name of a post by a supporting vendor you will usually see a link to their homepage. This certainly hold true for Pipedreams.

I saw Ed's website. I just could NOT talk to him other than with email. Sometimes as stated here, an actual conversation with a live person on the phone is of value in getting exactly what you want at an agreed price with no chance of a mix up. I think it can take more time emailing than it does having a live conversation. Whatever. Ed and I are emailng back and forth, back and forth, back and forth, back and forth, back and forth, and I think we're definitly bonding now and almost best friends thanks to you guys.
THANKS TO ALL OF YOU OUT THERE FOR SUPPORTING ED. IT IS NICE TO SEE. HE JUST BETTER NOT F--- UP MY ORDER.
Old 02-20-2007, 08:11 PM
Sven
Team Owner

St. Jude Donor '08-'09

HE JUST BETTER NOT F--- UP MY ORDER.
Old 02-20-2007, 08:15 PM
Zymurgy

Support Corvetteforum!

... So, can anybody reccomend a vendor that might actually have a business phone or website for caps, and covers, either painted, SStl, Alum anodized etc.

Thanks-Carlv
I saw Ed's website. I just could NOT talk to him other than with email. ...
But you asked for a vendor that has a business phone OR a website. Ed meets that criteria, so why the original post?

I realize you have since decide to order from Ed and I am confident you will be satisfied with your purchase. Still, I can't stop wondering why the original post.

Get notified of new replies

To Money- Under The Hood

Old 02-20-2007, 08:17 PM
glennhl
Le Mans Master

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I like doing business with email. Ed is the BEST! I bought my first mod, a necessity if you ask me, his splash guards. Then he sold me a comp gray painted spoiler which looks great with my silver coupe that has comp gray wheels. Then, he paints my door handles for free in comp gray. Finally I bought the exhaust tip cleaning kit from him. His stuff is first cabin and he is the greatest.
Old 02-20-2007, 08:20 PM
0corvette pilot
Former Vendor

as another one-man-show vendor (we don't compete ), and one that travels a lot for his other job, I can totally see why he does business like that. While I do take phone calls, email and pm makes it easy to look back every couple days and make sure I didn't miss anyone.
Old 02-21-2007, 01:00 AM
jclarksnakes
Pro

Received 73 Likes on 51 Posts

..To me good email communication is always more precise than a telephone conversation. Also with something in writing to look at I can think about things and make better decisions. I am biased I guess but I HATE telephones. Something I hate even more than telephones is playing phone tag with them. Email is best. Whenever a customer tells me they have to talk to me on the phone rather than write what they want in an email I have visons of them being one of those idiots in traffic who talk on the cell and do not pay attention to their driving.
GRRR!!!
Grouchy old,
JC

PS Don't you just hate thread hijackers?

Quick Reply: Money- Under The Hood