C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Corsa A6 Question

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2007, 01:40 AM
boomersooner
Instructor

Received 29 Likes on 5 Posts

Default Corsa A6 Question

So I'm pretty certain that I have decided on the Corsa Sport exhaust for my '07. What is the deal with all the extra parts required for the A6 paddle shift?
Old 02-27-2007, 05:32 AM
BlackZ51Vett
Le Mans Master

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Not sure what your talking about. The only added parts for the A6 were the resonators to deal with the drone and vibration caused by the different gearing.

Old 02-27-2007, 06:30 AM
richhoff
Melting Slicks

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

I love my A6 Corsa Sports. The resonator section replaces the stock H-pipe. Exhaust is MUCH better than stock.
Old 02-27-2007, 07:03 AM
yell03
Safety Car

Received 490 Likes on 263 Posts

I've posted about this many times....

I traded my 2006 C6 manual coupe for a 2007 C6 with the A6 auto tranny.

My 2006 had the Corsa Sports #14169 (manual version - no midpipe with resonators)...

After a quick call to Corsa I found out they will fit my 2007 fine, but MAY have more resonance.

Well, the dealership had the Corsas on my 2007 before I picked her up and I must say it is PERFECT, NO DRONE, NO RESONANCE, and decent volume.

Any quieter and I would be unhappy, so I am glad I did not add the midpipe used for the A6s.

My 2005 Vert A4 has a Magnaflow #15884 catback and I like the Corsa Sports better.
It used to have B&B Bullets, but I was afraid of going deaf, not from the volume, but from the DRONE with the top and windows up in the colder weather.

IN summary, save your $$$ and just buy the Corsa Sports #14169, you can always add the midpipe later if you think it is too loud, but you won't.

Hope this helps,

Howard
Old 02-27-2007, 07:05 AM
bobamick
TRIPLE RETIREE
Support Corvetteforum!

If you need technical answers from the "horses mouth", call Jim Browning, Jr. at Corsa.

Strongly recommend Corsa Sport exhaust system.

Bob Amick
Old 02-27-2007, 11:57 AM
richhoff
Melting Slicks

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by yell03
I've posted about this many times....

I traded my 2006 C6 manual coupe for a 2007 C6 with the A6 auto tranny.

My 2006 had the Corsa Sports #14169 (manual version - no midpipe with resonators)...

After a quick call to Corsa I found out they will fit my 2007 fine, but MAY have more resonance.

Well, the dealership had the Corsas on my 2007 before I picked her up and I must say it is PERFECT, NO DRONE, NO RESONANCE, and decent volume.

Any quieter and I would be unhappy, so I am glad I did not add the midpipe used for the A6s.

My 2005 Vert A4 has a Magnaflow #15884 catback and I like the Corsa Sports better.
It used to have B&B Bullets, but I was afraid of going deaf, not from the volume, but from the DRONE with the top and windows up in the colder weather.

IN summary, save your $$$ and just buy the Corsa Sports #14169, you can always add the midpipe later if you think it is too loud, but you won't.

Hope this helps,

Howard
I'm glad you like yours, but I DEFINITELY had drone without the resonator section. I drove the car for a week waiting for Corsa to reengineer the resonator section when the new A6 system first came out. The system is just slightly loader without the resonators, but there was also a small amount of drone. Not alot, just enough to bug me. I installed the resonators and the drone was completely gone. I thought about driving the car without the center section, but I cruise some long distances with my wife, and I didn't want to hear the drone. The system still sounds great, is much loader than stock, and screams when you step on it.
Old 02-27-2007, 01:15 PM
MNVette
Melting Slicks

My A6 has the touring, not the sport CORSA, on it. I tried both, but like some other posts here, I thought there was a little drone without the additional hardware. Personal preference. One note of caution, though, and I don't know if this was just my experience or if others had it as well. When I installed my system, it worked great. I took the car back in a couple of days later because it didn't seem "right." When we looked under the car, several of the bolts for the CORSA-supplied clamps had completely sheared off. I sent the defective parts back to CORSA (what I could find since some had obviously fallen off), but I never heard back from them about it. I replaced the stock clamps and bolts with larger ones from the auto supply store - works great now. I love the sound, but, like I said, some of the stock parts from CORSA weren't the best. Just a note of caution there.

Happy Vette-ing, All!
Old 02-28-2007, 09:58 PM
boomersooner
Instructor

Received 29 Likes on 5 Posts

Thanks for the info. The H-pip was exactly what I was talking about. The ordering for the A6 version shows it with the H-pipe and the others are without.

Thanks.

Get notified of new replies

To Corsa A6 Question

Quick Reply: Corsa A6 Question