C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Dealer in WA, OR?

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-2007, 03:48 PM
millpond
Melting Slicks

Received 381 Likes on 197 Posts

Originally Posted by bryantbjb
I have found that OceanCrest Chevy in Warrenton, OR is pretty good. Purchased my C6 there. Not sure about allocations or getting an 08 but I found the sales folks there good.
I tryed Ocean Crest also when shopping for a C6...the best they would do in the fall of '05 was to come down to sticker price. I ended up going to Kent Wa. where I got my C6 for $5,000 below sticker. (Ocean Crest has been good on servicing my C6).
Old 05-27-2007, 04:08 PM
rollin18
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by PrincipalVette
Call Jeff Baldwin at Suburban Cheverolet in Sandy, Oregon...east of Portland. I was very happy with the customer service I received there. I have sent two others there who have been happy also. I am a single female and I have to be careful buying cars as I have felt in the past that I have been messed over before because of being naive about "car stuff"... I did not feel this way at Suburban.
SUBURBAN chev, as of a couple weeks ago they had several verts and a few coups, and az06 or two BUT they sell at MSRP

in fact, the one i bought from Carr chev. (who had none) did a locate on what i wanted and guess where it came from??? Suburban! i was pissed
i could have got it cheaper, closer to home, w/o the middleman dealer (carr) having to make even more profit off my a$$. that was my fault for not completley researching first (i found this forum AFTER i bought)

so yea expect to pay MSRP or little more arround here due to the lack of choise try using autotrader.com to get an acurate idea of price and availability ina 300 mi radius

good luck and let us know how it goes!!

Last edited by rollin18; 05-27-2007 at 04:16 PM. Reason: forgot
Old 05-27-2007, 04:47 PM
WAwatchnut
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Default No issues with funky tax rules for me

Originally Posted by hayseed51
Boardwalk does seem to be better, but CA does have some funky tax laws regarding out of state buyers. Make sure you understand them fully. You might be better off ordering and taking local delivery, if you go with the CA car.
In CA you have to pay CA sales tax if the car is being picked up in CA. So at Boardwalk you have to pay the 8.75% sales tax, regardless of whatever your local sales tax is. But here in King County, WA the sales tax on autos is 9.25%, so I paid the initial tax in CA when I picked up the car, and then I had to pay the remainder (0.5%) when I registered the car.

If your local sales tax is lower than CA, you do end up paying higher sales tax, with no refund available, so that might be an issue. And I'm not sure if other states have the same easy tax credit process.
Old 05-27-2007, 05:24 PM
Maui
Le Mans Master

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
St. Jude Donor '08

Originally Posted by WAwatchnut
In CA you have to pay CA sales tax if the car is being picked up in CA. So at Boardwalk you have to pay the 8.75% sales tax, regardless of whatever your local sales tax is. But here in King County, WA the sales tax on autos is 9.25%, so I paid the initial tax in CA when I picked up the car, and then I had to pay the remainder (0.5%) when I registered the car.

If your local sales tax is lower than CA, you do end up paying higher sales tax, with no refund available, so that might be an issue. And I'm not sure if other states have the same easy tax credit process.
That doesn't sound right. I bought my car in San Diego and I paid no CA sales tax. Oregon has no sales tax so I paid zero in taxes.
Old 05-27-2007, 05:46 PM
Webfoot
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Does sound strange. CA must be greedy. In most states you pay no tax and get a driveaway tag to register in your home state and pay taxes there (if applicable).
Old 05-27-2007, 07:52 PM
Smokin1
Instructor

Originally Posted by Maui
That doesn't sound right. I bought my car in San Diego and I paid no CA sales tax. Oregon has no sales tax so I paid zero in taxes.
I agree. It doesn't sound right to me. Perhaps carl@cbwalkchevrolet our supporting dealer can chime in with the straight scoop.
Old 05-27-2007, 10:33 PM
1yy07vette
Burning Brakes

You might want to check out the forum thread,.
good/bad dealers
It couldn't hurt !
Old 05-28-2007, 02:04 AM
crabman
Safety Car

Received 79 Likes on 33 Posts

Interesting stuff about the tax credit. I have purchased several cars out of state. In Idaho I paid the WA state tax when I bought the car. The rest I paid the WA sales tax when I registered the car. Never had to pay the local sales tax in the state of purchase. Haven't bought a car in Cali though so I'll be curious to see how this shakes out when we get the scoop.

Quick Reply: Dealer in WA, OR?