C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Corsa Sports with X Pipe installed today

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2007, 12:54 AM
teejake
Lifetime Supporting Gold
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 107 Likes on 78 Posts

Default Corsa Sports with X Pipe installed today

With my wife and kids out of town I managed to knock out my homey do list and have time to get my Corsa Sports and X pipe installed. Man do they sound sweet, just the right volume for me at idel with a nice snarl when hitting the gas yet close to whisper quiet when cruising and no drone of any kind!

(It never ends with these cars does it?)
Old 06-25-2007, 01:49 AM
NanasVette
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by teejake
With my wife and kids out of town I managed to knock out my homey do list and have time to get my Corsa Sports and X pipe installed. Man do they sound sweet, just the right volume for me at idel with a nice snarl when hitting the gas yet close to whisper quiet when cruising and no drone of any kind!

I had the Corsa Sports installed on my C6 for the same reason

(So true...my list never seems to get any smaller!)
Old 06-25-2007, 02:08 AM
john351
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Congrats! This is the #1 set up I'm considering so far. Your review description sounds just like what I'm looking for... no drone, good rumble at accel, hint @ idle, no popping on decel(?) etc.

Couple o questions though... Manual, or Auto?

Does it weigh more than stock?

All CA legal smog-wise, cats?

Notice that you are not too far away (I think?)

How far is Rancho Murieta from San Diego? Near Temecula?

Enjoy the sounds!!!

John
Old 06-25-2007, 05:43 AM
gota07
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Cruise-In VIII Veteran

There are two types of exhaust systems for the C6. Over axle systems and cat back systems. The over axle systems replace the part of the exhaust starting just in front of the rear axle and everything behind that all the way to the exhaust tips. The cat back systems replace not only what an over axle system does, but also the section between the cats and the rear axle referred to as the H pipe on the OEM system or an X pipe on the aftermarket systems.

The Corsa Sports exhaust is a over axle system and the Corsa Touring exhaust is a cat back system.

Both types of exhaust systems leave the OEM cats as installed from the factory. The cats only get replaced when the OEM exhaust manifold and forward most part of the OEM exhaust system is replaced with headers.
Old 06-25-2007, 11:50 AM
teejake
Lifetime Supporting Gold
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 107 Likes on 78 Posts

Originally Posted by john351
Congrats! This is the #1 set up I'm considering so far. Your review description sounds just like what I'm looking for... no drone, good rumble at accel, hint @ idle, no popping on decel(?) etc.

Enjoy the sounds!!!

John

John,

I think the question on the cats has been answered but in any event the short answer is it is cat back so CAlegal for smog etc. Mine is a MN6 convertible, I am not sure about the weight and don't get too wrapped up in that with my mods as I don't track or anything but if had to guess just from lifting the parts I would think it is pretty similar, maybe someone else out there will know for sure. Rancho Murieta is actually NorCal, about 20 miles east of Sacramento. Lots of people make the same mistake, I guess most all of the "Rancho" anythings are SoCal. Good luck on the quest.

Tom
Old 06-25-2007, 03:20 PM
JFTaylor
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Cruise-In VI Veteran
Cruise-In VII Veteran
St. Jude Donor '06

Old 06-25-2007, 05:24 PM
su8pack1
Team Owner

Received 49 Likes on 27 Posts
2021 C6 of the Year Finalist - Unmodified

I like my Corsa Touring.
Old 06-25-2007, 08:25 PM
Bandit1
Melting Slicks

Received 48 Likes on 34 Posts

About time you got those things on, Tom!
Old 06-25-2007, 08:37 PM
Bandit1
Melting Slicks

Received 48 Likes on 34 Posts

Enjoy the sounds!!!

John
John--No matter which Corsa system you decide on, it will be installed after the cats (i.e. replacing the stock H-pipe with an X-pipe or Corsa Tunnel Kit (H-pipe with resonators) and axle back systems). If you have a manual you can install the Corsa Sports (14169) axle back with a Corsa X-pipe. If you have an A6 and want the Corsa Sports, you're going to need the (14167) which is the 14169 and the H-pipe with resonators (14166).................no drone. If you want quieter, you're going to need the Corsa Touring, which on the A6 would add two more cans to the front of the H-pipe in place of the slips, and the Touring axle back mufflers. Any Corsa system or combination of, does NOT interfere with the cats. So get er done.
Old 06-25-2007, 11:03 PM
Silverspeed
Team Owner

Received 23 Likes on 12 Posts
St. Jude Donor '13, '15

Enjoy the sounds!!!

John

It seems most of your questions have been asnwered with the exception of the weight. The 14167 for the A6 weighs 30 pounds over the stock system(directly from Corsa). Most of this is due to the extra resonators for the A6 system. The 14169 for the M6 weighs slightly more than stock, although I do not know the exact amount. The 14169 will work on the A6, but with a little more drone, but from what I have read it is not much(I have researched these to death). Hope this helps.
Old 06-25-2007, 11:52 PM
'06 Quicksilver Z06
Team Owner

Received 30 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by gota07
There are two types of exhaust systems for the C6. Over axle systems and cat back systems. The over axle systems replace the part of the exhaust starting just in front of the rear axle and everything behind that all the way to the exhaust tips. The cat back systems replace not only what an over axle system does, but also the section between the cats and the rear axle referred to as the H pipe on the OEM system or an X pipe on the aftermarket systems.

The Corsa Sports exhaust is a over axle system and the Corsa Touring exhaust is a cat back system.

Both types of exhaust systems leave the OEM cats as installed from the factory. The cats only get replaced when the OEM exhaust manifold and forward most part of the OEM exhaust system is replaced with headers.
Good explanation.

Often times the term "cat back" covers them both. The term "axle back" gives more clarification.

Get notified of new replies

To Corsa Sports with X Pipe installed today

Quick Reply: Corsa Sports with X Pipe installed today