C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

C6/Z06 vrs.C6/A6 with procharger

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2007, 11:44 AM
JACK FRISSINA
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default C6/Z06 vrs.C6/A6 with procharger

Which one would perform better the c6 z06 or the c6 a6 with a pro charger? Both with drag radials and good drivers .I can:t see nickel and dimeing a c6 a6 with bolt ons that will cost as much as a pro charger in the long run.
Old 07-20-2007, 12:17 PM
Busa196
Melting Slicks

Received 28 Likes on 3 Posts

That's kind of a broad question, but if you're talking drag racing, ie straight line acceleration.....I'd put my blown A4 up against any Z that wanted to run, and then have a good laugh at him in the rear view. If you're talking a road course, the Z takes the win. Me? I prefer straight line accleration, I'm no corner carver.
Old 07-20-2007, 02:27 PM
MNVette
Melting Slicks

I am a corner carver, and I've beefed up my A6 F55 to handily win that contest. My Vortech s/c will also have the Z06 crying behind me as I pull away on the strip.

There's one thing about all the claims of power, etc. Every dyno test is, by definition, vague and flawed. You can run the exact same car on different dynos and get totally different results. Some will blow lots of air into the front of the car to pump up the numbers. You may have to get a run on a really hot or humid day, etc. All the matters are the results from the race at the end of the day.
Old 07-20-2007, 03:26 PM
JACK FRISSINA
Racer

Default blown c6

How dependable is the pro charger as far as a daily driver, will it self destruct the engine in time ?a couple of years ago friends of mine put pro chargers on c5 z06 and cooked the pistons ,oh yea they raced the hell out of there zs, trannys , clutches,and half shafts bit the dust . my question is will the c6 hold up better ,pro charger claims 617 hp at the crank on a stock c6 .
Old 07-20-2007, 04:14 PM
BrooklynC6
aka allbottle¬hrottle

Location: Brooklyn New York The DVL and the chicken sleep with the fishes....
St. Jude Donor '08

Originally Posted by JACK FRISSINA
How dependable is the pro charger as far as a daily driver, will it self destruct the engine in time ?a couple of years ago friends of mine put pro chargers on c5 z06 and cooked the pistons ,oh yea they raced the hell out of there zs, trannys , clutches,and half shafts bit the dust . my question is will the c6 hold up better ,pro charger claims 617 hp at the crank on a stock c6 .
Check out the FI/Nitro section of the forum - My procharged 07 is my DD and the guys there have been great with info and newbie questions . I only have 2k miles on my Procharger , but so far so good - However , it is not a set it and forget it system . To ensure years of reliability , you must always be checking your engine conditions , ect. ... That said , its a blast !!!
Old 07-20-2007, 04:17 PM
Busa196
Melting Slicks

Received 28 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by JACK FRISSINA
Mine makes 600rwhp and 724 at the crank......I'd drive my car across the nation tomorrow without a second thought. It's really all about the tune and how you take car of the car. I don't run around in 100+degree heat and beat the **** out of it......some do. And, I'm not at the track every weekend hot lapping it trying to shave off 1/2 a tenth of my already sub 11 sec ET....but some will.

My car is tuned professionally about 2-3 times a year, I run Torco and have alky injection.....I don't abuse the car, but am fairly heavy on the petal and she'll see the track about twice a year in good air. I'll street race anything with 4 wheels at anytime......my point is the car isn't a dyno queen and does get "driven." The beauty of the blower car is that you don't have to "floor it" to have fun....at least I don't. At about 3-4psi I'm already chuckling, especially with the 3200 stall.....and the car is barely even trying.

If you have the install done correctly and the correct tune in it and don't intend on driving like Michael Schumacher you will have "zero" reliability issues. I can't stress enough how reliable both of my blower cars have been.

-Jason-

Last edited by Busa196; 07-20-2007 at 04:25 PM.

Get notified of new replies

To C6/Z06 vrs.C6/A6 with procharger

Quick Reply: C6/Z06 vrs.C6/A6 with procharger