C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2006 C6 Coupe with Base suspension sitting too high?

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2007, 03:22 PM
thatdood
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2006 C6 Coupe with Base suspension sitting too high?

I just got my car back from the service department and the front end looks like it sits higher than it did before I took it in. I had the clutch packs replaced in the diff, a repair on the drive train to get rid of the clunking sound on turns, and a check on the alignment (camber) because of the excessive tire wear on the outside.

The body shop said they checked the alignment and didnt find anything out of spec. I park next to several other C6's at work and I swear my front end has about a 4 - 5 inch gap between the top of the tire and the fender. The C6 next me looks like it has maybe 3 inches of space.

The only difference between the two are the suspension packages. I have a base suspension and the other one is a Z51.

How much gap should there be on a stock base suspension? Heck I think the rear sits lower than the front

I'll take some pics this evening and post them.
Old 09-12-2007, 05:14 PM
codename Bil Doe
Burning Brakes

It should be as high or low as you want depending on your driveway. I've found 13-13.5" to the top of the fender well looks very dumped (1/2" wheel gap) but doesn't bottom out on speed bumps and handles great. You can adjust the height at the end of each leaf spring. There are a couple diy's on here about it.
Old 09-12-2007, 06:06 PM
thatdood
Burning Brakes

So if I can adjust the settings I guess it's possible that the Body shop raised it while they were conducting the alignment testing and corrections.

I'll look at the DIY and see how difficult this is.

Get notified of new replies

To 2006 C6 Coupe with Base suspension sitting too high?

Quick Reply: 2006 C6 Coupe with Base suspension sitting too high?