C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

If you don't drive in the rain, talk to me

Search this Thread

Old 10-22-2007, 12:19 PM
d12bn
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default If you don't drive in the rain, talk to me

My last vette I did not drive in the rain. If there was any chance of rain I would drive my truck which I called the rain maker. Now as I shop for a new vette
I plan to stay out of the rain but will take some chances this time. When I had my last vette there was no corvette club in town. Now there is a club with a good group of members that will get together for cruise nights and other activities. So if its raining I will stay home and before would have not driven if there was any chance of rain. Now if there is an event going on and its not raining with a slight chance of rain I want to get out and hang out with other corvette enthusiast.
So for you guys that don't like driving in the rain how do you clean your car after you get caught in the weather. And I'm talking about the undercarriage. If I had a lift I would wash the underside but no lift here. I'm thinking about getting some ramps and just getting under the car and washing. And for some this may seem extreme but I enjoy participating in car shows so it has to be clean everywhere.
So please share your methods with me.

Thanks for your comments
Old 10-22-2007, 12:47 PM
gilly6993
Safety Car

St. Jude Donor '08

No offense but I think it's a little crazy to worry about lifting the car to clean the undercarriage because of some rain.....
Old 10-22-2007, 12:49 PM
Silverspeed
Team Owner

Received 23 Likes on 12 Posts
St. Jude Donor '13, '15

Two seperate posts about driving in the rain??????? You do realize it is a car and is made to drive in the rain???
Old 10-22-2007, 12:55 PM
GOLD72
Race Director

Received 1,106 Likes on 718 Posts

Originally Posted by Silverspeed
Two seperate posts about driving in the rain??????? You do realize it is a car and is made to drive in the rain???
My daily driver doesn't have a choice. I guess if you want to keep the car clean for show purposes, then wanting to keep the undercarriage clean might be important to someone.
Old 10-22-2007, 01:08 PM
d12bn
Instructor

Default You just can't leave it alone

What's the big deal, why cant you guys just reply to another thread. Can you read, what does the title say???? You just can't help yourselves, you just have to tell people how to live.

I guess some people just have no life and have to go into ever thread and make comments that are not helpful.

Who am I kidding, every forum I have been a part of has these types of people so go ahead and tell me how I should think.

Life is good
Old 10-22-2007, 01:10 PM
RED2008Z06
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Mine's not a show car, I'm not worried about water under the car... good luck to you. Enjoy the car, don't leave it in the garage ...........
Old 10-22-2007, 01:13 PM
ProfMoriarty
Team Owner

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by d12bn
What's the big deal, why cant you guys just reply to another thread. Can you read, what does the title say???? You just can't help yourselves, you just have to tell people how to live.

I guess some people just have no life and have to go into ever thread and make comments that are not helpful.

Who am I kidding, every forum I have been a part of has these types of people so go ahead and tell me how I should think.

Life is good

BTW, I don't drive my C6 in the rain and I do keep the underside clean by reaching under (I can reach to the tunnel) and wiping it down with a damp rag.
Old 10-22-2007, 01:19 PM
d12bn
Instructor

Default Why

Well I posted a similar thread earlier and all I got was comments about why I should drive anytime and its stupid to keep it parked. So I tried a different title and started getting the same stuff.
Old 10-22-2007, 01:24 PM
JJC5
Safety Car

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I don't show my '07 but I never have nor will I ever drive it in the rain. I don't need to. Once you do, road grime gets everywhere. Also, there is nothing wrong with not wanting to drive your Vette in the rain. It pisses me off reading all of the insults that people get on this subject. If people want to keep their new Vette immaculate, more power to them! The people that complain about the no-rain drivers are probably just jealous that they HAVE to drive theirs everyday.
Old 10-22-2007, 01:24 PM
carjon
Burning Brakes

Even if it isn't raining the underside of the car will get dirty. Do you clean it then? If so do it the same way. Do you stay off of dusty roads?

People comment because they have opinions like people who worry about keeping the underside of their car clean are a little nuts.
Old 10-22-2007, 01:25 PM
NappysVette
Pro

Originally Posted by GOLD72
My daily driver doesn't have a choice. I guess if you want to keep the car clean for show purposes, then wanting to keep the undercarriage clean might be important to someone.
. I don't drive my Toys in the Rain either. That's reserved for the Beaters.
Old 10-22-2007, 01:30 PM
FortMorganAl
Le Mans Master

Location: Currently somewhere in IL,IN,KY,TN,MO,AR,MS,AL, or FL
Received 228 Likes on 187 Posts

Well I posted a similar thread earlier and all I got was comments about why I should drive anytime and its stupid to keep it parked. So I tried a different title and started getting the same stuff.
I understood perfectly. You only want to hear from people who agree with you. You did the right thing with explaining that in your title this time.

Unfortunately I can't comment now in this thread because I just got back from driving 46 miles in the rain. Don't want to be caught off topic.
Old 10-22-2007, 01:37 PM
MADMAX1
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I don't drive mine in the rain..If rain is in the forecast I drive the truck...
Old 10-22-2007, 01:39 PM
gilly6993
Safety Car

St. Jude Donor '08

Life is good

your best bet is to get a car lift for your garage and any time the undercarriage gets wet lift it and wipe it clean.....
Old 10-22-2007, 01:44 PM
TEC6
Melting Slicks

St. Jude Donor '10-'11

Originally Posted by MADMAX1
I don't drive mine in the rain..If rain is in the forecast I drive the truck...

I will not drive mine if there is a chance of rain.... Because I can have that choice!!!!

It's called --- Peoples choice to do what they want. Either drive it or don't drive it in the rain... Give us a break....
Old 10-22-2007, 01:48 PM
jklarkpimp
Melting Slicks

Default I Never Drive In The Rain, I Live In Az Lol

Originally Posted by JJC5
The people that complain about the no-rain drivers are probably just jealous that they HAVE to drive theirs everyday.
not jealous here i love to drive this everyday
[IMG][/IMG]
Old 10-22-2007, 01:56 PM
C6XTACY
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by jklarkpimp
[IMG][/IMG]
I'm jealous too. I think so little of myself when I have no choice but to drive my '08 everyday.

Get notified of new replies

To If you don't drive in the rain, talk to me

Old 10-22-2007, 02:01 PM
JJC5
Safety Car

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by jklarkpimp
[IMG][/IMG]
Those are two very nice looking Vette's!!!
Old 10-22-2007, 02:19 PM
Pirateup
Heel & Toe

Default You need 2

My dream is for 2 vettes, an every day cruiser and a shiner for the weekends. I'm gonna start lookin for an every day car right now.

But if you need a lift, there is a good discount to forum members from my company.
Old 10-22-2007, 02:21 PM
tscales
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

St. Jude Donor '07

Originally Posted by JJC5
I don't show my '07 but I never have nor will I ever drive it in the rain. I don't need to. Once you do, road grime gets everywhere. Also, there is nothing wrong with not wanting to drive your Vette in the rain. It pisses me off reading all of the insults that people get on this subject. If people want to keep their new Vette immaculate, more power to them! The people that complain about the no-rain drivers are probably just jealous that they HAVE to drive theirs everyday.
I certainly wouldn't insult anyone for this choice, but I admit I don't understand either not driving in the rain nor putting a C6 up for the winter. More power to anyone that makes that choice -- that's the beauty of a free country.

Heck, I don't understand cleaning under the car either.

I absolutely love my C6, but still see it as just a car. I enjoy driving it, rain or shine. It is a great ride and safe and stable in the rain if driven appropriately, just like any other car. My other car is great fun too, but if there are 2 or less, I take the C6.

I don't have to drive the C6 in the rain, I choose to drive the C6 in the rain.

The only thing I don't drive in the rain is my Harley and that's because it just isn't safe.

In Florida, it would be almost impossible not to. It rains almost every day, all summer long. Just for a short time, but every single day.

Now that I think about it, I guess I don't even understand the thread. Make your choice. Why does it matter what anyone else does?

Quick Reply: If you don't drive in the rain, talk to me