C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2LT vs 3LT

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-2007, 07:00 PM
AZ_WHT_LTNG
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2LT vs 3LT

Hi All

I am in the process of buying a new Vette. I have decided on a manual, with Z51 and NPP

What I have not decided on is if I want to go with the 2LT or the 3LT. From what I can tell they are identical except :

Audio System -AM/FM stereo with six-disc in dash CD /Bose speakers
Head-Up Display
Memory Package
Heated Seats
Telescoping Steering wheel
Homelink Remote
Ability to get NAV

Is the audio system that much better? Or should just go after market?
Is the HUD worth it?

I am not to worried about memory seats, telescoping steering, NAV, or homelink remote.

Heated seats might be nice, but I live in Phoenix

Is the whole package worth $3k

How is the resale on 2LT vs 3LT cars.. does adding 3LT make the care more desirable/fetch a premium down the road?

Any thoughts, feedback or counsel would be appreciated.
Old 11-06-2007, 07:12 PM
rjr2007
Melting Slicks

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I bought a new 07 vert a year ago and couldn't decided between the two either. After a long time going back a forth I went with the 3LT. It was the best thing I did. So if I were you go for it you will be happy you did.
Old 11-06-2007, 07:18 PM
jrpedraza
Burning Brakes

My opinion is that if you can go with the 3LT, go for it, although I really cannot speculate as to its greater resale value. My 07 has the 3LT and I love the heads up display and memory seats. I do not think the audio system is much better in the 3LT over the 2LT, the Nav is nice but could definitely be better, especially given the sound quality and lack of an Auxiliary input.

If none of the ‘additions’ in the 3LT package really mean much to you, then for $3,000.00 you could get a really good aftermarket sound system with Navigation. It really does seem like to much for an excellent Heads Up Display and mediocre sound quality.

Congrats on the new ‘vette, I’m sure you’ll love whatever you decide on.

JR
Old 11-06-2007, 07:21 PM
Harry2
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 403 Likes on 222 Posts

Have you test driven a Vette with the HUD?
Once you do, I assure you that you will want it!

The 2008 3LT stereo is much improved over my previous 2006, but still leaves a lot to be desired.
The memory seats and steering wheel are a great addition.
I would recommend the 3LT, if its in your budget.
Old 11-06-2007, 07:28 PM
Scooty Puff Sr.
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I bought a 2LT and because my wife and I both drive the car, I wish I would have gotten the 3LT. We have memory seats on our truck and do miss that feature.
Old 11-06-2007, 07:38 PM
jimmyb
Race Director

Received 4,248 Likes on 2,023 Posts

In the "For what it's worth department", I had a 2005 1SB convertible (1SB is the same as 3LT) and just got a 2008 2LT convertible. The only thing I really miss is the 6 disc changer. The sound quality was a little (and I mean a little) better in my 2005, but if the stereo/changer is your selling point for 3LT, don't spend the extra money (save it and go aftermarket). As far as the other 3LT stuff, I don't miss any of it.

Jimmy
Old 11-06-2007, 07:40 PM
Vette_DD
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,276 Likes on 935 Posts
St. Jude Donor '21-'22-'23-'24

Even if you have only one vette driver in the family, the memory seats allow you to have a setting for driving and a different setting for exiting the vehicle. That memory option also includes the telescoping steering wheel, although not much movement of the steering wheel is involved.
Old 11-06-2007, 08:35 PM
FireLikeIYA
Instructor

I went through the same thing a year ago when purchasing my '07. I was locked on getting a manual coupe with the Z51 package... I was fairly undecided on the rest. I knew that I wanted the 2LT package for the airbags and the ability to order mine with the two-tone interior. Next step, looking at the 3LT. The only item in the 3LT that I really wanted... and I mean really wanted... was the HUD.

Why I went with the 2LT:

1. I too live in the Phoenix area so the heated seats are worthless.

2. I am the only one driving my car as my wife is afraid of it so memory seating is of no use. (At 5'10" I have the driver seat almost all the way back so after living with the car for a year I doubt the egress feature would be of much use)

3. Telescope steering wheel... didn't see the point and the switch looks out of place on the column.

4. Homelink would have been nice but it looks like a cheap after thought on the visor.

5. The stock stereo is not too shabby and it will play mp3 CDs (~100 songs). I have owned my car for over a year and still have the original MP3 CD in it that I made as I have been too lazy to make another. The bass is excellent but I feel the mid range and highs are lacking just a little when listening to MP3's (which is probably more in the quality of the MP3). The stereo sounds very good, but if you want NAV Pioneer makes some very nice ones.

6. You can buy the parts to get HUD for 1K. This is the only item I wanted in the 3LT... and really, not just for the HUD but because the dash looks incomplete without the HUD function buttons.

What options I ordered in place of the 3LT are: Chrome wheels, two tone interior, both tops ( solid top for summer, lexan top for the rest of the year), and, of course, the Z51 package.

Just to let you know, I don't drive my car that often (2980mi in 13mo.). I wanted a sports car not a daily driver and something that I could call garage art. I was very close to getting the 3LT for the HUD but got pissed off at GM for not making it a seperate option which steered me more in the direction of the 2LT. Some people say they regretted not going with a 3LT but I am more happy with my decision every time I drive the car.... I don't have a bunch of unwanted options in my car. The only thing I regret is going with black and not LMB.

Oh yeah, as far as resale goes, having all the options is like having the most expensive house on the block. It has the highest initial cost with the least return on your investment.
Old 11-06-2007, 08:42 PM
downrivercorvetteguy
Advanced

my '02 was a 2sb model [pretty much the same as a new 3lt package i think, with memory,hud, telescopic, dual zone, etc.etc.]

on my '08 i ordered 2lt [mainly to avoid the 1lt constraints]

the only thing i might have missed from not ordering the 3lt is the steering wheel radio controls.

my silverado has them...go figure... my truck has steering wheel radio controls standard... and my 180mph+ car doesn't?

i dont miss memory anything...i dont miss dual climate control,dont miss telescopic, maybe hud was cool, but i don't sem to miss it.

a little alacarte would've been nice.
Old 11-06-2007, 08:51 PM
FletchF
Intermediate

Default Your call.

You will not regret the NPP though. That thing rocks!
Old 11-06-2007, 08:54 PM
beaverwarrior
Pro

I decided on the 3Lt and never regretted it
Old 11-06-2007, 09:22 PM
VETTEWIZZ
Instructor

GO 3LT NO OPTION THERE. THE DIGITAL RADIO AND NAVI TOUCH SCREEN IS GREAT. HUD IS FANTASTIC, I NEVER LOOK AT THE DASH ANYMORE. HEATED SEATS, GREAT ON COLD WINTER DAYS. MEMORY SEATS ARE A GOOD FEATURE TOO. FOR 3K IT'S A NO BRAINER.
Old 11-06-2007, 09:24 PM
0SicMSP - Daniel
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by VETTEWIZZ
GO 3LT NO OPTION THERE. THE DIGITAL RADIO AND NAVI TOUCH SCREEN IS GREAT. HUD IS FANTASTIC, I NEVER LOOK AT THE DASH ANYMORE. HEATED SEATS, GREAT ON COLD WINTER DAYS. MEMORY SEATS ARE A GOOD FEATURE TOO. FOR 3K IT'S A NO BRAINER.
But I'm a little quieter about it.

Seriously, you'll love the heads-up display.
Old 11-06-2007, 09:25 PM
Indy-hp
Le Mans Master

Received 65 Likes on 56 Posts
St. Jude Donor '09

I went with the 3LT and have no regets, but honestly it is not worth the $3,000 price. 3LT had some things I really wanted, like easy exit seats, homelink, and the 6-CD stereo. While I didn't want them when I made my decision and didn't expect to use them at all, I also really enjoy the HUD and the heated seats in the winter.

The sound quality of the stereo is no better, but I do like having 6 CD's available. As to resale value, 3LT cars are probably worth a few $100 more, hardly worth the $3,000 cost. Good luck with your decision.
Old 11-06-2007, 10:58 PM
ranch41
Advanced

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Go with the 3LT. The HUD, in addition to the regular information, also has a lateral G-meter. It's kind of fun to see where you meter out at, just be safe, though!!
Old 11-07-2007, 09:55 AM
bobbyj1
Instructor
Support Corvetteforum!

HUD-thought I would not like it but now wonder why all cars dont have it.

Memory Seats are great because my wife occassionaly drives the car and I can put the seats back where I want them, I actually use one setting for top on the car and one for when the top is off,

Telescoping wheel - Imoprtant for me because I like the wheel close to me.

Although I do not drive the car in winter the heated seats are nice for cool mornings or evenings.
Old 11-07-2007, 10:37 AM
TCKT B8
Drifting

Received 169 Likes on 92 Posts
St. Jude Donor '09 & '11

Originally Posted by bobbyj1
HUD-thought I would not like it but now wonder why all cars dont have it.
A must have!

Get notified of new replies

To 2LT vs 3LT

Old 11-07-2007, 10:42 AM
mcandrew67
Race Director

Received 1,013 Likes on 599 Posts
2016 Corvette of Year
2015 C6 of Year Finalist

I have the 3 LT, and love the heads up display, has the G meter also. the Nav directions also come up in the heads up which is nice so you don't have to take your eyes off the road. I wired in my ipod through the Satellite radio box in the rear quarter panel and have it hooked up in my center console so I can change songs with the radio controls.
Go for it.......oh yeah and you can program your car to say hello to you when you start up, so when you wife is up your butt about you love your car more than her, you can program it to tell you it loves you too.....

Last edited by mcandrew67; 11-07-2007 at 10:46 AM.
Old 11-07-2007, 10:50 AM
Buffy
Drifting

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I got the 1SB (same as 3LT), but if I was doing it again I'd go with the 2LT. I can't believe that there's a worse audio system available at any price, and I don't really care about anything else except for the heated seats, which are nice. But probably, as you say, not as useful in AZ as they are here.
Old 11-07-2007, 10:55 AM
TBIRD57
Race Director

Received 235 Likes on 178 Posts

Default ditto

Originally Posted by rbaltram
Hi All

I am in the process of buying a new Vette. I have decided on a manual, with Z51 and NPP

What I have not decided on is if I want to go with the 2LT or the 3LT. From what I can tell they are identical except :

Audio System -AM/FM stereo with six-disc in dash CD /Bose speakers
Head-Up Display
Memory Package
Heated Seats
Telescoping Steering wheel
Homelink Remote
Ability to get NAV

Is the audio system that much better? Or should just go after market?
Is the HUD worth it?

I am not to worried about memory seats, telescoping steering, NAV, or homelink remote.

Heated seats might be nice, but I live in Phoenix

Is the whole package worth $3k

How is the resale on 2LT vs 3LT cars.. does adding 3LT make the care more desirable/fetch a premium down the road?

Any thoughts, feedback or counsel would be appreciated.
went through basically same check down..took the 2lt after having had an '04 3lt because of color combo and price.....miss the hud for awhile but now don't even think about it....top is a cinch....have all the goodies in my other car, they's be wasted in 3lt vette because i don't drive it in the winter and you can't get xm signal in your garage,and you keep the top up for months.....went with 2lt saved money and very happy...plan to use same plan for c7 when it ever shows up

Quick Reply: 2LT vs 3LT