C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Need help pls?

Search this Thread

Old 12-19-2007, 12:58 PM
branmin
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Need help pls?

Live in the States but mostly in Europe so C6 brought in Jan 05 and only has 2700K on the clock. Had a recall letter concerning the flying roof syndrome and brought it in last year and they said it was fixed, but noticed everytime I return from abroad and take the car out, its gets worse,creaking and groaning where they put some filler and what not in, you can touch the roof and make it crackle...although it appears that the roof is not seperating like it used to, but it really makes some bad noises and as the warranty is up in a few weeks(and I haven't taken out an extended warranty..should I do so, based on only using it several times a year?)..would you recommend I take it back quickly.....if I don't and have a bigger problem later on, would they charge me?

I tried to do some back up research in the FAQ files and don't know if they are totally replacing the roofs..they said they did with mine, but I am convinced this was not the case.

I haven't taken the car back to my dealers since the first 1000 mile oil change and inspection and tonight having a guy who used to be the top guy at corvette dealers change oil, etc privately as I trust him and not the original dealers(I know this should have been done some time ago).

I also would greatly appreciate one telling me if in 3 years of not going back to my dealer(although I had the squeaking brakes done) there were any major recalls or items that should be looked into before my warranty is up.

Appreciate your thoughts as always.

Oh, one last thing, noticed that I have a 1" scratch mark that appears to not be on the outside or inside of the windscreen glass but somehow got into the glass.....any solutions, has anyone encountered this before?

Again thx so much..........
Old 12-19-2007, 06:43 PM
branmin
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by branmin
Live in the States but mostly in Europe so C6 brought in Jan 05 and only has 2700K on the clock. Had a recall letter concerning the flying roof syndrome and brought it in last year and they said it was fixed, but noticed everytime I return from abroad and take the car out, its gets worse,creaking and groaning where they put some filler and what not in, you can touch the roof and make it crackle...although it appears that the roof is not seperating like it used to, but it really makes some bad noises and as the warranty is up in a few weeks(and I haven't taken out an extended warranty..should I do so, based on only using it several times a year?)..would you recommend I take it back quickly.....if I don't and have a bigger problem later on, would they charge me?

I tried to do some back up research in the FAQ files and don't know if they are totally replacing the roofs..they said they did with mine, but I am convinced this was not the case.

I haven't taken the car back to my dealers since the first 1000 mile oil change and inspection and tonight having a guy who used to be the top guy at corvette dealers change oil, etc privately as I trust him and not the original dealers(I know this should have been done some time ago).

I also would greatly appreciate one telling me if in 3 years of not going back to my dealer(although I had the squeaking brakes done) there were any major recalls or items that should be looked into before my warranty is up.

Appreciate your thoughts as always.

Oh, one last thing, noticed that I have a 1" scratch mark that appears to not be on the outside or inside of the windscreen glass but somehow got into the glass.....any solutions, has anyone encountered this before?

Again thx so much..........

ANYONE?????
Old 12-19-2007, 06:47 PM
Datawiz
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 320 Likes on 152 Posts
CI-7-8-9-10 Veteran
Cruise-In IX AutoX Winner
St. Jude Donor '05-'06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11,'19,'22
St. Jude/CI Name Tag Designer

PETER, IS THAT YOU?

No other MAJOR recalls, but if your roof is making noises to the touch, I'd take it back. I assume you're not having the Dead Battery Syndrome. Otherwise, everything else was minor.

Before I got rid of my '05, I had the Crank Pulley (which yours still falls under the VIN # if I remember correctly), they had to replace the alternator, re-seal with windshield due to a leak, replace the gas door release, the trunk release, 2 tire pressure sensors and a bunch of other garbage. BUT, there were no other major recalls.

Z has 900 miles and the trunk release quit working.

Looking forward to our next beer buddy.
Old 12-19-2007, 07:08 PM
branmin
Burning Brakes

Just PM'd you..yep it's me..good to hear from you
Old 12-19-2007, 07:15 PM
Datawiz
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 320 Likes on 152 Posts
CI-7-8-9-10 Veteran