C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Window tinting...post close up pics

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2008, 12:50 PM
LMB-C6
Melting Slicks

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Default Window tinting...post close up pics

I'd like to see some close up pics of the hatch and top edge of the door glass areas from people who have had their's professionally tinted.

What does it mean to install a vinyl strip on the rear hatch dots? Is that transparent?
Does the tint go all the way up to the edge of the glass because of the indexing feature? Will the film eventually curl up at the edge?
Old 01-19-2008, 01:00 PM
gbgary
Le Mans Master

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

i had the top of my rear window done with black vinyl. it's not transparent but it's not in your line-of-sight either. it covers the dots better than tint and isn't noticeable from outside the vehicle. it came out as close to perfect as i believe can be done without sanding or painting the dots. the vinyl covers the area from the top of the window to the first element of the window defroster. my side window tint is just short of going to the edge. indexing does not harm it. it's not a close-up but you can see the vinyl in this pic...

Last edited by gbgary; 01-19-2008 at 04:40 PM.
Old 01-20-2008, 09:17 AM
MartinV
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am suppose to tint mine this week and have concerns about the dots. Can you explain about the vinyl. How is it attached and where can you get it? Can you install the vinyl after the tint??
Old 01-20-2008, 02:36 PM
gbgary
Le Mans Master

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

my tinter had it with him when he came over to do the job. it has adhesive just like the tint and goes on the same way. he installed it first.

Get notified of new replies

To Window tinting...post close up pics

Quick Reply: Window tinting...post close up pics