C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

[BEWARE] Carolina Auto Masters (Jeff Creech)

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2008, 12:07 PM
Allzwell
Safety Car

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
Cruise-In VIII Veteran
St. Jude Donor '03-'04-'05-'06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17-'18-'19-'20

Keep on Creech's ****!

I will be a pain to get through but I can't imagine that you won't be made whole on the deal. Although it doesn't sound like CAM is going to be fair enough to do it without being forced.

This guy is a pathetic human being for not owning up to a bad mistake that he was a part of.
Old 01-27-2008, 12:10 PM
XtremeVette
NCM Bash 2008-2018
Support Corvetteforum!

Location: Granby, MA Talladega Super Speedway Vettes 4 Vets Ambassador
Received 75 Likes on 60 Posts
Middle TN Events Coordinator
Cruise-In 1, 3, 9. 10 & 11 Veteran

Default Shop Insurance?????????

Ok the biggest thing I don't understand is that shops like this MUST have Shop insurance and let me tell you it has to be set very high. Definitely near or above millions of dollars. I mean think of it this way...say this guy went to go pick up his car and this guy Terry turned around and said...Your car is sooooooooooo sweet I did such a good job on it and then told him....come on lets go for a ride.

Then this accident happened. Now lets make things more complicated. Lets say Terry slammed into a limo carrying a multi millionaire celebrity. Now to make it a really worst case sceniero, lets say everybody dies.
Terry, the car owner (OP), the people in the limo (lets say there was the millionaire plus his driver).

Now I think everybody can appreciate why these places must have sooo much insurance. Don't let this guy tell you he can't afford to pay. Totally untrue. PLUS, this guy Terry should be doing everything in his power to help pay as well. His own insurance company should also be helping out.

The point is this....this could of been a lot worst with people getting killed. Iam surprised to have read that there were 2 impressions on the windshield but yet people walked away untouched?

I hope your lawyer is doing his best. Keep in mind, not only can and should you be sueing for damages. But you should also bring into the factor, theft, and personal damages. I mean this may sound weird, but a lot of people (me included) get very very attached to their cars. It is not just about getting a replacement. The car was yours....its personal.

Hope all works out.....
This guy does not deserve to be in business. I thank you for the heads up. I won't bring my car to anybody now to tune, unless I get them to sign a waver stating they won't be taking my car out joy riding!
Old 01-27-2008, 12:10 PM
Varmit
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 58 Likes on 45 Posts
St. Jude Donor '08

CAM cannot post here any statements he makes may or may not be used as an admission. He may have already contacted an attorney, who has told him to keep his mouth shut.

I'm afraid the OP is going to tke a big screwing on this!!!
He is not only owed for the price of his car, he is also owed for the mods done to his car, since he will be without the benefit of those service he paid for, but never used. He is also owed for the use of transportation while his Vette is down. I would also stick it to him for my time in trying to get this resloved, and would not want that car repaired and given back to me under any circumstances. it well NEVER be the same again!!!

Just a nasty situatiion all the way around!!! I really feel bad for the OP
Old 01-27-2008, 12:11 PM
georgehafe
Melting Slicks

Received 84 Likes on 44 Posts
NCM Ambassador
Cruise-In 1, 2, 6, 8 Veteran

In NY it is a crime for a employee to take the car without the owners permission, as clearly was done here. I would press charges against the employee and this way in the end at trial the Judge can try to make him pay, at least the money that the ins. co. is not willing to pay. This way you might get all the money back that the car is worth.
Old 01-27-2008, 12:12 PM
VettinFan
Melting Slicks

Received 79 Likes on 49 Posts

You have already read a ton of advise, suggestions and opinions. So, I'm not gonna add anymore.

I just wanted to tell you that I'm sorry your going through such a nightmare. I truely hope everything turns out well for you and things start to progress in a more expeditious manner.

Good Luck

~AL!
Old 01-27-2008, 12:14 PM
obxfunn
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
St. Jude Donor '07-'08-'09-'10
FedEx Bowl 4 St. Jude '09

Jeff has done a lot of work on my car and was the one who install the Kenne Bell. I had nothing but great things to say about his shop, until I took the car back to get a forged motor. Not only did it take almost 8 months to complete but when I got it back I had damage to my car as well. My custom painted hood was broke at the tip near the windshield, there were a few cracks in the hoods near the bumper and dings in the drivers door. I had just had an $8,000 paint job on the car and he promised nothing would happen to it.

The thing that pissed me off the most is that I learned about the damage from a CF member who stopped in to check out his shop. The CF member PM'ed me to and asked if he could call me to talk about the KB and I agreed. After we chatted he asked what had happened to the hood, and I was like what the hell do you mean??? I had to confront Jeff to get him to tell me what happened. If Jeff would have called as soon as it happened it would have not been that bad. I mean stuff happens but when you try to hide it, that looks bad.

Jeff did promise to make it right and to pay for the body and paint work but I havent had a chance to get a quote yet. We will see what happens.

Hell my busted hood is starting to look pretty good after seeing those pictures.
Old 01-27-2008, 12:15 PM
N2DEEP
Pro

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by TrackNoob
I'm not a guy who ever says "Sue, sue!"

Usually, that is all about drama, but in this instance my advice to you, if what you said is factual, is sue to get satisfaction.

Info you hopefully already have is that the business called:

"Carolina Auto Masters" ceased to exist back in 2003, as far as the state of North Carolina's corporations records are concerned. It looks like you will be dealing with "Creech Computer Tuning, Inc."

Carolina Auto Masters Inc
919-680-DYNO (3966)
113 S. Elizabeth St.
Durham, NC 27701
Name: Carolina Auto Masters
Phone: (919) 680-3966
Address: 113 S. Elizabeth St.
Durham, NC 27701

Name Carolina Auto Masters, Inc.
SOSID: 0630652
Date Formed: 5/9/2002
State of Inc.: NC

Registered Agent
Agent Name: Ellis, Michael C.
Registered Office Address:113 South Elizabeth Street
Durham NC 27701

File Open Date: August 2007
TOB Classification: Auto Repair & Service
BBB Accreditation: This organization is not a BBB Accredited business.
The BBB has requested basic information from this company but has not received a response. As a result, the BBB may not have current information about the company.

Business License - New License Summary Report
From Date:5/1/2007
To Date: 5/31/2007
DBA Business Name
Creech Computer Tuning, Inc.
113 S. Elizabeth Street
Durham NC 27701

Corporation Names

Name Name Type
Legal NC Corporate Name Creech Computer Tuning, Inc.
SOSID: 0687585

Date Formed: 8/19/2003

Registered Agent
Agent Name: Higgins, Thomas D., III
Registered Office Address: 870 Airport Road
Chapel Hill NC 27514
Registered Mailing Address: 870 Airport Road
Chapel Hill NC 2751

Shared address?
Higher Standard Automotive
113 S Elizabeth St
DurhamNC
(919)956-9933
Dissolved 6/22/2004

Staples Automotive Engineering
113 S Elizabeth St
Durham, NC 27701
Phone : (919) 530-1707
Search Date: 1/26/2008 10:37:22 PM
No Records Found.

Let's hypothetically say your story is the whole story, and a guy has some assets maybe like those listed below. A guy like that, I would make sure he either makes me whole, or that he gives up a lot if he wants to avoid making it right.

House
$202,545.00 assessed (surrounding homes Zillow ~275k)

2002 CHEV
$25,790.00

1995 PONT
$4,840.00

1996 CHEV
$4,120.00

1994 CHEV
$3,660.00

1995 JEEP
$2,800.00

GM Computer Tuning

Jeff Creech, the tuner for Carolina Auto Masters has tuned over 1200 GM cars and trucks, not only at the shop in Durham, NC but as a guest tuner in cities across the country, including: LA area California, Frederick Maryland, Dallas Texas, Chesapeake Virginia, even Puerto Rico! Ask around on www.camaroz28.com, www.ls1tech.com, www.corvetteforum.com, www.ls2gto.com, www.z06vette.com, etc. You'll find happy customers everywhere you look.

All dyno tuning is done flat rate, no matter how long it takes, other shops charge extra for dyno time, or only include 1 hour. Also, the initial fee includes free off-dyno updates as long as you own the car. You can move from one tuning package to another for the price difference, you don't have to pay it all over again, so there's no need to wait until you get that cam installed to take advantage of tuning. Start with a mini-tune now, and move up when you do more modifications, all for less than the price of a handheld tuner. And there's no extra stuff to buy, no software licenses, no handheld tuner, no hidden costs.

Mini-Tune (off-dyno or mail order): $250
Mini-Tune (with dyno assist): $300
Standard Tune: $400
Maximum (or Wild) Tune: $500

Wow.
That looks to be about a half a million bucks gross in his nearly zero overhead tuning activity alone, leaving aside any other shop work done...

GET HIS A$$!!!!!!!

You need to post this on every forum you can find.

Last edited by N2DEEP; 01-27-2008 at 12:18 PM.
Old 01-27-2008, 12:17 PM
ShockwaveGT
Drifting

I hate to repeat myself, but I just can't understand how the guy who took the car and crashed it, ended up getting a ticket from a cop and nothing criminal was filed when the owner's info came up and so forth...WTF?

either way, the owner needs to have these threads closed, contact a lawyer, not say anything more until it's resolved and then come back and let us know how it went.

otherwise he's just risking some backwards lawyer jeff might have finding some way to turn all this against him while the time between now and when the owner does anything just gives jeff more time to figure a way out.

Stuff like this sucks. People are ignorant and it's really just a matter of selfishness and lack of concern for people's possessions that something like this happens.
Old 01-27-2008, 12:23 PM
renegad44
Safety Car

Location: This is not a Song, It's an Outburst: Or, The Establishment Blues; Sixto Diaz Rodriguez

Originally Posted by edv2122
I think this happens more often then not where a nice car like a vette is taken for service then taken for joy rides by people who can only take rides like this in someones elses car or like to beat on somone elses high HP car because its not theirs. A local dealership was sued for the same thing (I live in NJ) where a service guy took a vette that was in for service to NY for the weekend. It happened to me at the same dealership but not to that extreme. There is no reason some of the work done at these places warrants 20 miles of raod testing let alone 500.

I would take the owner to court for sure and there should also be legal consequences for the mechanic who took the car without permission. Taking a customers car for a weekend without permission is theft.

What I'm about to say is not in the ball game, but it's definitely a spectator on the benches: I hate to have my Corvette "valet" parked, because in the back of my mind I KNOW they are spinning the wheels, just to see what she "has."
Old 01-27-2008, 12:26 PM
FstPoon
Instructor

I feel your pain ten fold !!!!

Originally Posted by obxfunn
Jeff has done a lot of work on my car and was the one who install the Kenne Bell. I had nothing but great things to say about his shop, until I took the car back to get a forged motor. Not only did it take almost 8 months to complete but when I got it back I had damage to my car as well. My custom painted hood was broke at the tip near the windshield, there were a few cracks in the hoods near the bumper and dings in the drivers door. I had just had an $8,000 paint job on the car and he promised nothing would happen to it.

The thing that pissed me off the most is that I learned about the damage from a CF member who stopped in to check out his shop. The CF member PM'ed me to and asked if he could call me to talk about the KB and I agreed. After we chatted he asked what had happened to the hood, and I was like what the hell do you mean??? I had to confront Jeff to get him to tell me what happened. If Jeff would have called as soon as it happened it would have not been that bad. I mean stuff happens but when you try to hide it, that looks bad.

Jeff did promise to make it right and to pay for the body and paint work but I havent had a chance to get a quote yet. We will see what happens.

Hell my busted hood is starting to look pretty good after seeing those pictures.
Old 01-27-2008, 12:27 PM
hawk milller
Instructor

Originally Posted by Thrill6
Your need to contact an attorney and sue them and name the business, its owners, their insurance companies, their banks, the driver, and anyone else you can think of as defendants. I would also ask your attorney about the possiblity of contacting the NC State's Attorney about filing charges against the shop and the driver for unauthorized use of your car. I don't know the law in NC, but since the car was being driven WITHOUT your permission I'm sure there is some criminal statute that they can be charged with. With criminal charges filed, I'm sure EVERYONE (including the insurance company) will be much more willing to make financial restitution.

Lastly STOP talking about this HERE!!! It can't help you, but it certainly can HURT you. Any statements you make here could be used against you in your lawsuit, and you could be sued by the shop owner for defamation, libel and/or slander. Remember anyone can file a lawsuit even if it doesn't have merit and you still need to pay a lawyer to defend yourself.
Old 01-27-2008, 12:29 PM
moserbe
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts

After reading all of the posts to this thread I can't add anything except "Holy ****" what makes them think that they are god. They can't just use someone's car for the weekend WTF!! It's a shame that some people have no common sense. What were they thinking? Best of luck in recouping your loss, both the car and your sanity.
Old 01-27-2008, 12:29 PM
ZZ4Vetteguy
Race Director

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
St. Jude Donor '08-'09

Originally Posted by youwish2bme
Got linked here from the local board, So where are all the Supporters of Creech now???? Every time someone posts up about problems there they get squashed by the boys from Tidewater and NC.. Where's the RATPACK at now to support their leader?

There have been numerous posts in the past here on the CF and on other forums about Creech and his inability to take care of the customer after the fact. Then to say that it's okay for his guys to put 500 miles on a customer car is absolutely absurd....

I hope the OP gets resolution because I know that I would have already called the AG here in Raleigh to get the ball rolling... Good luck..

Dave
Here's one, but I never have considered Jeff to be my "leader", and have never used his services....in fact there a MANY Ratpackers out there that have never used Jeff before....I know some Ratpack guys who don't even know who the hell Jeff is.

This is a chitty situation for the OP, and I agree that it should be rectified, and that any reputable business owner would have fixed the problem from the it go and not let it escalate this far.
Old 01-27-2008, 12:39 PM
surburban99
Burning Brakes

Received 19 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by Thrill6
Your need to contact an attorney and sue them and name the business, its owners, their insurance companies, their banks, the driver, and anyone else you can think of as defendants. I would also ask your attorney about the possiblity of contacting the NC State's Attorney about filing charges against the shop and the driver for unauthorized use of your car. I don't know the law in NC, but since the car was being driven WITHOUT your permission I'm sure there is some criminal statute that they can be charged with. With criminal charges filed, I'm sure EVERYONE (including the insurance company) will be much more willing to make financial restitution.

Lastly STOP talking about this HERE!!! It can't help you, but it certainly can HURT you. Any statements you make here could be used against you in your lawsuit, and you could be sued by the shop owner for defamation, libel and/or slander. Remember anyone can file a lawsuit even if it doesn't have merit and you still need to pay a lawyer to defend yourself.
He is just stating the facts as to what happened. None of his statements can be construed as slander, defamation, or libel. CAM is clearly at fault for their actions and the damages that have incurred. I deal with this all day.
Old 01-27-2008, 12:47 PM
94legaleagle
Melting Slicks

to the OP of this thread: contact an attorney, ASAP - that is your best course of action at this point
Old 01-27-2008, 12:49 PM
bgreen83
Melting Slicks

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Old 01-27-2008, 12:58 PM
BetterMostC6
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Well this is where a good lawyer comes in handy. Get one and litigate against both him the guy that crashed the car, and his underwriter. Guess who is going to win in this case?

Get notified of new replies

To [BEWARE] Carolina Auto Masters (Jeff Creech)

Old 01-27-2008, 12:58 PM
big hoss 98C5
Pro

Get what is owed to you I can't think about how I would fell best of luck with this-Vern
Old 01-27-2008, 01:02 PM
burtonbl103
Team Owner

Received 597 Likes on 177 Posts
St. Jude Donor '06-'07-'08 & '12-'13

WOW !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

the mother load
so the buisness is in his name

Originally Posted by TrackNoob
I'm not a guy who ever says "Sue, sue!"

Usually, that is all about drama, but in this instance my advice to you, if what you said is factual, is sue to get satisfaction.

Info you hopefully already have is that the business called:

"Carolina Auto Masters" ceased to exist back in 2003, as far as the state of North Carolina's corporations records are concerned. It looks like you will be dealing with "Creech Computer Tuning, Inc."

Carolina Auto Masters Inc
919-680-DYNO (3966)
113 S. Elizabeth St.
Durham, NC 27701
Name: Carolina Auto Masters
Phone: (919) 680-3966
Address: 113 S. Elizabeth St.
Durham, NC 27701

Name Carolina Auto Masters, Inc.
SOSID: 0630652
Date Formed: 5/9/2002

Registered Agent
Agent Name: Ellis, Michael C.
Registered Office Address:113 South Elizabeth Street
Durham NC 27701

File Open Date: August 2007
TOB Classification: Auto Repair & Service
BBB Accreditation: This organization is not a BBB Accredited business.
The BBB has requested basic information from this company but has not received a response. As a result, the BBB may not have current information about the company.

Business License - New License Summary Report
From Date:5/1/2007
To Date: 5/31/2007
DBA Business Name
Creech Computer Tuning, Inc.
113 S. Elizabeth Street
Durham NC 27701

Corporation Names

Name Name Type
Legal NC Corporate Name Creech Computer Tuning, Inc.
SOSID: 0687585

Date Formed: 8/19/2003

Registered Agent
Agent Name: Higgins, Thomas D., III
Registered Office Address: 870 Airport Road
Chapel Hill NC 27514
Registered Mailing Address: 870 Airport Road
Chapel Hill NC 2751

Shared address?
Higher Standard Automotive
113 S Elizabeth St
DurhamNC
(919)956-9933
Dissolved 6/22/2004

113 S Elizabeth St
Durham, NC 27701
Phone : (919) 530-1707
Search Date: 1/26/2008 10:37:22 PM
No Records Found.

Let's hypothetically say your story is the whole story, and a guy has some assets maybe like those listed below. A guy like that, I would make sure he either makes me whole, or that he gives up a lot if he wants to avoid making it right.

House
$202,545.00 assessed (surrounding homes Zillow ~275k)

2002 CHEV
$25,790.00

1995 PONT
$4,840.00

1996 CHEV
$4,120.00

1994 CHEV
$3,660.00

1995 JEEP
$2,800.00

GM Computer Tuning

Jeff Creech, the tuner for Carolina Auto Masters has tuned over 1200 GM cars and trucks, not only at the shop in Durham, NC but as a guest tuner in cities across the country, including: LA area California, Frederick Maryland, Dallas Texas, Chesapeake Virginia, even Puerto Rico! Ask around on www.camaroz28.com, www.ls1tech.com, www.corvetteforum.com, www.ls2gto.com, www.z06vette.com, etc. You'll find happy customers everywhere you look.

All dyno tuning is done flat rate, no matter how long it takes, other shops charge extra for dyno time, or only include 1 hour. Also, the initial fee includes free off-dyno updates as long as you own the car. You can move from one tuning package to another for the price difference, you don't have to pay it all over again, so there's no need to wait until you get that cam installed to take advantage of tuning. Start with a mini-tune now, and move up when you do more modifications, all for less than the price of a handheld tuner. And there's no extra stuff to buy, no software licenses, no handheld tuner, no hidden costs.

Mini-Tune (off-dyno or mail order): $250
Mini-Tune (with dyno assist): $300
Standard Tune: $400
Maximum (or Wild) Tune: $500

Wow.
That looks to be about a half a million bucks gross in his nearly zero overhead tuning activity alone, leaving aside any other shop work done...
Old 01-27-2008, 01:15 PM
turmat
Melting Slicks

This is so, sooo bad. I agree with the advise already posted. Get a lawyer. Fast. Good luck.

Quick Reply: [BEWARE] Carolina Auto Masters (Jeff Creech)