C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Serious...SIRIUS vs XM Question

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2008, 06:16 PM
Vetteoholic
Melting Slicks

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Blvdbrawler
Well we will all have the best of BOTH worlds soon when the 2 companies merge into one. At that point it will be called Sirius but you will get everything that both offer. Thats going to be REALLY FUN! Thats why I havent bought the converter but if the merge was not to happen it would be Siri...Im an NFL fanatic!!!

Merge should happen in a month or so...Hope you bought some siri stock!!!!
That sounds all good and everything but, can't they raise the price to pretty much anything they wan't to do to the lack of competition if they merge? *This is our new (High) monthly fee, If you don't like it go back to FM radio with commercials*
Old 02-18-2008, 09:00 PM
0corvette pilot
Former Vendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

1, Jay Thomas on Sirius Stars 102
2, Sirius has real dj's that are entertaining, XM is like listening to an ipod.
Old 02-19-2008, 03:36 PM
scottaolsen
Instructor

Received 13 Likes on 7 Posts

[QUOTE=Ozone;1564154758]Scott,

Of all the GREAT answers I have seen posted to my rather subjective question, yours is probably the simplest and, IMHO, the most honest and true. I can definitely see all the points made here, including the reply that stated that SIRIUS shows the year of the song. Many many times I have been trying to figure out what album a song came from and what year.]

Thanks.

I should probably add that Sirius dropped out quite a bit in my BMW, and does so in my wife's Chrysler. I've never had XM drop out. I'm in SoCal, if that makes a difference.
Old 02-19-2008, 09:17 PM
jccarr
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Interesting that nobody said one sounds better than the other. I would switch for sound quality but from the posts it looks to be a draw.
Old 02-19-2008, 10:42 PM
Frips_Girl
Advanced

I recently got Sirius and am a bit disappointed with it. While driving, I seem to lose the signal a lot... bridges, tall trees, power lines... all contribute to a lost signal. It seems to happen a lot. I swear birds flying overhead throw the signal off in my car! LOL
Old 02-19-2008, 10:49 PM
Roadhawg
Advanced

NFL
Old 02-19-2008, 11:20 PM
PaulB
Melting Slicks

Received 25 Likes on 24 Posts

I still dont see Sirirus and XM merging. If they would not let Dish and Direct TV merge, I see no way for this merger to go thru. Monopoly in the Satellite radio business. Who knows...
Old 02-19-2008, 11:34 PM
Racer
Team Owner

Received 77 Likes on 56 Posts
Cruise-In III Veteran
St. Jude Donor '11

I started with XM because of convenience, it came installed in 4 of my 5 vehicles. (they didn't offer it in 1969 Camaro ) I have kept it because of Squiz 48 and the Boneyard!!!
Old 02-19-2008, 11:42 PM
Pruettfan
Racer

I have had both and stayed with XM. The two are almost identical. The only thing I liked about Sirrus was the NFL channel. XM and Sirrius are attempting to merge and if it goes through they will have the same lineup so I would wait before adding Sirrius stuff to your car. Personally I like Opie and Anthony so XM is the only way for me to go.

Quick Reply: Serious...SIRIUS vs XM Question