C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Seat Embroidery Question

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2008, 10:16 PM
Monterey C6
Melting Slicks

Received 115 Likes on 58 Posts

Default Seat Embroidery Question

I have the standard seats and would like to have the C6 logo embroidered in the headrest like the upgraded seats have. I like the looks and and think it would make the interior look better. Can someone tell me what is involved? Do the seats have to be taken apart and the leather removed to do this? I want to have it done but hate to take things apart.
Old 03-10-2008, 10:20 PM
MOUNTINBEAR
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
St. Jude Donor '08

your seat cannot fit in the embriodery machine so they will have to come apart...and then you might still have to use new leather on them as the person taking them off may not be so gentle with them...thats even if it is possible to take them off without ruining them
Old 03-10-2008, 10:25 PM
PAVette
Melting Slicks

Taking your seats apart is not the way I would go. At the last Ocean City, MD Corvette Weekend this past October, there was a vendor that was applying embroidered crossflags to seats. There must have been some sort of hotglue adhesive on the back of the flags as he used a heatgun and clamped them until cool. They looked good and he sold a bunch (took him about 5 min per car). Don't have any idea about their durability as far as peeling. Might be a way to get what you're looking for easier than taking your covers off and having them embroidered. Anyone know who does this sort of thing? Good luck.

Last edited by PAVette; 03-10-2008 at 10:28 PM.
Old 03-10-2008, 11:17 PM
cranky
Melting Slicks

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

it's not that bad to do. you can remove the seat back covers in the car. will have to order the latch bezels in the back of the head rests. they will break when you remove them. pop the cushion in the front of the seat backs, them remove the plastic drive buttons inside. there are 10 per seat. reach under the rear seat back material and pull down the zipper and unzip each side. then remove the two nuts on the side airbag module. do not unplug module!!! then slide sides up a little and rotate the steel rods on the inside where the buttons were. a little tricky but doable. remove drive buttons from rear bottom of seat and the two staples from each side. slide off seat cover and take to a reputable graphic embroyderer. had a local one do mine. 22.00 a seat. i know this sounds like a lot, but it isn't bad. i done mine in about 4 hrs. total. should take an upholstery shop about half that time.
Old 03-10-2008, 11:45 PM
Red Rochester
Le Mans Master

Received 255 Likes on 135 Posts

Originally Posted by cranky
it's not that bad to do. you can remove the seat back covers in the car. will have to order the latch bezels in the back of the head rests. they will break when you remove them. pop the cushion in the front of the seat backs, them remove the plastic drive buttons inside. there are 10 per seat. reach under the rear seat back material and pull down the zipper and unzip each side. then remove the two nuts on the side airbag module. do not unplug module!!! then slide sides up a little and rotate the steel rods on the inside where the buttons were. a little tricky but doable. remove drive buttons from rear bottom of seat and the two staples from each side. slide off seat cover and take to a reputable graphic embroyderer. had a local one do mine. 22.00 a seat. i know this sounds like a lot, but it isn't bad. i done mine in about 4 hrs. total. should take an upholstery shop about half that time.
If you go this far you might as well have your names embossed as well.
Old 03-11-2008, 10:58 AM
Monterey C6
Melting Slicks

Thanks everyone for the information.
Old 03-11-2008, 12:39 PM
CHARMR
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I like this idea. The names thing is also good but only if you plan to keep it forever.
Old 03-11-2008, 02:30 PM
0Rage@AutoBuffs
Former Vendor

St. Jude Donor '10

Contact Forum member: nassau2000 He does custom Embrod.
Old 03-11-2008, 03:30 PM
dkrhardy
Burning Brakes

Did anyone at the MD event get the name of the glue-on vendor?
Old 03-11-2008, 05:02 PM
C6_blackhawk
Pro

Originally Posted by PAVette
Taking your seats apart is not the way I would go. At the last Ocean City, MD Corvette Weekend this past October, there was a vendor that was applying embroidered crossflags to seats. There must have been some sort of hotglue adhesive on the back of the flags as he used a heatgun and clamped them until cool. They looked good and he sold a bunch (took him about 5 min per car). Don't have any idea about their durability as far as peeling. Might be a way to get what you're looking for easier than taking your covers off and having them embroidered. Anyone know who does this sort of thing? Good luck.
Any idea on where to get the patches to do something like this? And, is this something we could do at home?? Thanks!!

http://cgi.ebay.com/CORVETTE-C6-CAR-...QQcmdZViewItem

Is this what the vendor was using ??

Last edited by C6_blackhawk; 03-11-2008 at 06:28 PM.
Old 03-11-2008, 10:43 PM
Monterey C6
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by roadrage1
Contact Forum member: nassau2000 He does custom Embrod.
Thanks and I would also be interested in the vender that did the patch with glue.
Old 03-12-2008, 01:16 AM
PAVette
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by C6_blackhawk
Any idea on where to get the patches to do something like this? And, is this something we could do at home?? Thanks!!

http://cgi.ebay.com/CORVETTE-C6-CAR-...QQcmdZViewItem

Is this what the vendor was using ??
It appears so. After using the heat gun, he would use masking tape to hold them in place until the glue was cool. Again, the results were very nice...the long term durability against peeling, unknown.
Old 03-12-2008, 08:25 AM
C6_blackhawk
Pro

Originally Posted by PAVette
It appears so. After using the heat gun, he would use masking tape to hold them in place until the glue was cool. Again, the results were very nice...the long term durability against peeling, unknown.
Thanks for the Heads-up!!! I'm going to give this a try and let you all know how it turns out.
Old 03-12-2008, 08:17 PM
dkrhardy
Burning Brakes

Blackhawk - please let us know what turns up! As well as the quality of the patches.
Old 03-12-2008, 08:19 PM
C6_blackhawk
Pro

Originally Posted by dkrhardy
Blackhawk - please let us know what turns up! As well as the quality of the patches.
I definitely will!!
Old 03-21-2008, 08:10 PM
C6_blackhawk
Pro

Here ya go!! I got them from patchdevil.com They actually come from Thailand The company says you just use an iron, which is what I did. Just gently touch the iron to the patch and hold it there for a few seconds, and the glue on the back of the patch will adhere to your seat. As you can see, I used a piece of duct tape to hole the patch in place while I ironed on one side. I removed the tape and then ironed the other side. The patches are pretty thin, so they don't stick off the seat like you might think. Overall, I think they look really nice. A VERY cheap way to add some color and spice to your interior.

Here is a picture to give you an idea of their size.

Old 03-21-2008, 08:24 PM
RicK T
Team Owner

Received 556 Likes on 452 Posts

Just an FYI, you might be interested in DSV's new product:

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/show....php?t=1972864

Get notified of new replies

To Seat Embroidery Question

Old 03-21-2008, 08:24 PM
Monterey C6
Melting Slicks

Thanks for showing this C6 Blackhawk, that is exactly what I had in mind. I will be doing this. How did you apply the iron without touching your leather?
Old 03-21-2008, 08:49 PM
Spitfire80
Racer

Default Z06 seats FOR SALE....

Gents....

Bought a C3 and a black set of Z06 seats came with the deal.
Black leather and "Z06" embroided on head rest.
Top shape and no tears....

I have no idea what they would go for !
Will find out...

Anyone interested ?

Please PM

Phil
Old 03-21-2008, 08:56 PM
Monterey C6
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by C6_blackhawk
Here ya go!! I got them from patchdevil.com They actually come from Thailand The company says you just use an iron, which is what I did. Just gently touch the iron to the patch and hold it there for a few seconds, and the glue on the back of the patch will adhere to your seat. As you can see, I used a piece of duct tape to hole the patch in place while I ironed on one side. I removed the tape and then ironed the other side. The patches are pretty thin, so they don't stick off the seat like you might think. Overall, I think they look really nice. A VERY cheap way to add some color and spice to your interior.

Here is a picture to give you an idea of their size.

How much did you pay for them. That looks like a European site and the price is in Euros?

Quick Reply: Seat Embroidery Question