C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

A putt-putt Corvette?

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-2001, 09:38 PM
rogerb
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default A putt-putt Corvette?

Despite the title of this thing I don't think Mr. Lutz is dense enough to think that down-sizing the size of the C6 to compete with the European or Japanese vehicles is a good thing. To do so would be to go against his statement that it is time for "high-appeal, exciting, dramatically-new products". I will not speculate on the forthcoming C6 except to say that in these wonderful retro days I would dearly love to see a "Shark" C6 -- excitingly swoopy and brutal looking, with all of the modern engineering the American Beauty deserves. Having driven a Shark, and driving my C4 now, I could use a bit more room inside, for ease of entry and exit mind you, not because Father Time is not treating me well these days. As for the overhangs? Matter of taste, I like them. Even if they are a pain. Like a woman i guess.
And whats all this "Euro-look" I keep hearing? I want an American car to look like an American car, maybe even down to a red white and blue paint scheme. (You hear me Bob?) I can easily afford the Euro machines, or the Japanese machines, but I will drive my C4 thank you. :smash: :smash: :smash: :smash: :smash:
Why don't I have a C5? I don't want a next-generation All-American Corvette (stand at attention when you say that!) with that big behind they have. :eek: When the design first came out I thought the designers might have a thing for plump middle-aged ladies..... :yesnod:
I doubt if Lutz wants to kill a lucrative product, regardless of his former ties with the other thing (don't say that filty word!!!):U :U :U
So what will come should be better and better - it damn well better be, or ....... :mad :boxing
So lets just sit back and see if the C6 is going to have us selling our souls for one, or if we are headed elsewhere for our kicks. Or keeping our old loves going until the insanity blows over.

[Modified by rogerb, 7:40 PM 12/7/2001]
Old 12-08-2001, 01:15 AM
S_Wilson
Instructor

Default Re: A putt-putt Corvette? (rogerb)

AMEN :cheers:
Old 12-08-2001, 03:29 AM
ShanMan14
Administrator

Received 132 Likes on 62 Posts
Cruise-In II Veteran
Cruise-In V Veteran

Default Re: A putt-putt Corvette? (S_Wilson)

It wouldn't bother me if the exterior dimensions were smaller, but I think they are fine now. Just don't take away the interior room!

As far as the big butt, that has more to do with design that anything else. I admit, the rear was the least impressive to me when I first saw that car.

Of course, I love it now!!! :cheers:
Old 12-08-2001, 04:39 PM
Scissors
☠☣☢ Semper Ebrius ☢☣☠
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Cruise-In IV-V-VI-VII Veteran
St. Jude's Donor '06

Default Re: A putt-putt Corvette? (ShanMan14)

The rear end isn't all that large anyway. I park next to all manner of modern cars and their rears are just as large from top to bottom or larger. The tail on the wife's 2002 Camry is quite sizeable. In fact, GM was actually ahead of the styling curve on that one as almost all cars have gone to large rears. Small rears like you'd find on, say, an '80 Camaro or a "pinched tail" Taurus look odd now.
Old 12-08-2001, 05:15 PM
marcussparcus
4th Gear

The c6 is going to be a little bit shorter, little bit wider, and little bit longer wheelbase so the car will have very short overhangs. It will have a lot of c3 in it as far as looks go. big swoopy curves, more blunt front end. The car will not be retro, it will just have styling cues form the past.

[Modified by marcussparcus, 9:24 PM 12/8/2001]
Old 12-09-2001, 08:35 AM
Tom/99
Team Owner

Received 128 Likes on 96 Posts

I do not want a European look, nor an Asian look to my Corvette. I just want an American Corvette. If Chevrolet keeps following the foriegn manufactuter, we could end up with a four cylinder Corvette eventually. :chevy

Get notified of new replies

To A putt-putt Corvette?

Quick Reply: A putt-putt Corvette?