C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

05-07 LS2 H-pipe compared to 08 LS3 X-pipe

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2008, 10:40 AM
JTS97Z28
Melting Slicks

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Default 05-07 LS2 H-pipe compared to 08 LS3 X-pipe

I know the difference between a H-pipe and an X-pipe would not be significant however I remembered my old C5 and I installed an x-pipe and it made the exhaust sound a lot nicer. I just ordered NPP exhaust and thought since I will have that rear section off maybe now would be a good time to swap in a 08 LS3 x-pipe. The reason I mention this is just last week I helped my friend install long tubes on his new 08. I found out the 08's use a pretty nice looking x-pipe where our LS2's just have a regular H-pipe like back on the C5's. He said I can have the pipe for free. Does anyone know if this pipe is compatible with the LS2 as far as mounting? (looks identical) Is it worth my time or should I just leave my stock H pipe in there?
I know its simple to remove this pipe. I would not consider doing it if I wasn't swapping out mufflers so figured if its free and available might as well. Any opinions?

Thanks,
James
Old 05-24-2008, 12:33 PM
ROD BROWN
Drifting

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Default Use it

Install it and see if you like it.The pipe is free amd its only a few minutes to install it into the system. You can always replace the pipe with the original if you don't like it.

Quick Reply: 05-07 LS2 H-pipe compared to 08 LS3 X-pipe