C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I Will Never Own Another Corvette In My Life!!! Pics!!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2008, 10:22 AM
Zotic
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by jojog
There are all sorts of cases, such as the "too hot" coffee / McDonald's case, that show extremes in judgement. My point is that most LEO's are of at least average intelligence and by no means dumb. I am sure there are quite a few with above average intelligence and, sure, a small percentage with below average intelligence. The same can be said of most professions. If the guy in the example was of rocket scientist intelligence there are quite a few jobs he would not be good at performing. Let me put it this way - I, personally, don't agree with your observation about LEO's and put them in the same category as our servicemen and fire fighters. I have never been a policemen but I am a veteran - trust me, there is no lack of intelligence in the Armed Forces. Not everyone serving is a brain surgeon, sure, but for the most part they are no dummies. JMHO and probably also that of most of us here. You are entitled to your opinion, too, and you can thank the cops and servicemen for protecting the system that ensures that right.
Very well stated.
Old 07-09-2008, 10:23 AM
KBoltz
Drifting

Received 41 Likes on 10 Posts

Most of the time, the money from the FOP plates goes to the Law Enforcement Officers Benevolent funds, that pay for education and assistance to the families of those Officers who have lost their lives in the line of duty.

That's why we buy those plates. The plates for my new Vette will be the Fight Terrorism plates, and that money goes to the families of those who paid the ultimate sacrifice in the defense of our Freedoms.

And for shopdog, I scored high enough on the intelligence tests to be offered membership in MENSA. What does that say about your asinine statement?
Old 07-09-2008, 10:31 AM
sonofavette07c6
Instructor

Location: St.Petersburg/ El Paso/Sierra Blanca Florida, Texas

thats why i didnt put my fop badge on my vette i just have the blue bar and thats it not many people know what the blue bar means unless they are LEO

Last edited by sonofavette07c6; 07-09-2008 at 10:35 AM.
Old 07-09-2008, 11:01 AM
vetdude
Race Director

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

THE MORE PEOPLE I MEET THE MORE I LIKE MY DOG

You just can't have anything nice nowadays. Damn.
Old 07-09-2008, 11:06 AM
Pocket Aces
Drifting

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

FOP badges might get you out of tickets but I would probably rather get a ticket than have someone vandalize my car because of it, or even worry about them doing it.
Old 07-09-2008, 11:07 AM
KBoltz
Drifting

Received 41 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by vetdude
THE MORE PEOPLE I MEET THE MORE I LIKE MY DOG

You just can't have anything nice nowadays. Damn.
The sad thing is, Bro, I agree with you. While we have many nice people, many on this board, my three Labs (and my wife and two sons) are the only ones I always look forward to spending time with.
Old 07-09-2008, 12:21 PM
SimonStern
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by C6NRED
Fraternal Order of Police......

I am so sorry to hear about this happening to your Corvette.........I worry about the same thing happening to mine.......but I would never put an FOP sticker on mine either.........
I wonder if it was more about this, than the Corvette part.
Old 07-09-2008, 01:02 PM
adconti
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

I would like to get a camera to install in the car to keep an eye on the car when unattended. Boy would that be fun! Knowing the vette though, it would probably run the battery down....But what fun it would be to catch the A-holes that try that nonsence. I agree, you should never put anything on your car, esp political or other such hot bed contraversial stuff etc. Bad idea.

Last edited by adconti; 07-09-2008 at 01:17 PM.
Old 07-09-2008, 01:34 PM
adconti
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by KBoltz
The sad thing is, Bro, I agree with you. While we have many nice people, many on this board, my three Labs (and my wife and two sons) are the only ones I always look forward to spending time with.
I love my animals too, but you know they can really ruin a car! Probably more so than a vandal... ( I have horses ).
Old 07-09-2008, 01:42 PM
adconti
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

Cops are people too. Some bright, some..... but the trend is that most are honest hard working, and get little in return for their service. The perks that they get are only what any of us would want if in the same boat. I am not sure how this became a LEO bashing event in this thread, its bad enough that the OP had his car keyed, but fellow vette owners trying to twist the knife doesn't make me feel any better, how about you? (to whomever).
Old 07-09-2008, 01:45 PM
3 Z06ZR1
Team Owner

Received 900 Likes on 742 Posts

Originally Posted by mikepipe597
At my friends house today. Somewhere between 2pm and 5 pm my 2007 corvette got keyed. This is in a gated community with guards and all. The car was parked next to a sl500 amg Mercedes and a a6 audi and an new cady escalade. My vette was the only car that was messed with. The only thing different was I have a FOP badge on the back on my license plate. If any has a good body shop in NW Indiana please let me know thanks. This corvette jealousy **** is for the birds F everybody else i am sick of it.

I think your ok, as long as the scratches show white,like they do.
Get some 2000 grit sand paper and a cup of water and towel and lightly sand and dry till they come out. Then buff with 3m rubbing compond then 3m polish compond. I had a black camaro that looked Just like your car does
and they came out and that side looked better than the other.
TRY IT!
Old 07-09-2008, 01:46 PM
PeterM
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Correct thinking.

Originally Posted by adconti
I agree, you should never put anything on your car, esp political or other such hot bed contraversial stuff etc. Bad idea.

"Never broadcast your true intentions. When the enemy are in the process of being killed, they should go to their death wondering what the hell happened." Gunnery Sergeant Lu, USMC

I learned this valuable lesson from my Gunnery Sergeant during advanced jungle training back in '66, and it has worked well for me in all aspects of my life. Never let anyone know your true thoughts (except of course a trusted loved one).
Old 07-09-2008, 02:15 PM
iridelow
Le Mans Master

Received 215 Likes on 92 Posts

Cops are people too. Some bright, some..... but the trend is that most are honest hard working, and get little in return for their service. The perks that they get are only what any of us would want if in the same boat. I am not sure how this became a LEO bashing event in this thread, its bad enough that the OP had his car keyed, but fellow vette owners trying to twist the knife doesn't make me feel any better, how about you? (to whomever).
Very well put!!!
Old 07-09-2008, 03:13 PM
'06 Quicksilver Z06
Team Owner

Received 30 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by mikepipe597
At my friends house today. Somewhere between 2pm and 5 pm my 2007 corvette got keyed. This is in a gated community with guards and all. The car was parked next to a sl500 amg Mercedes and a a6 audi and an new cady escalade. My vette was the only car that was messed with. The only thing different was I have a FOP badge on the back on my license plate. If any has a good body shop in NW Indiana please let me know thanks. This corvette jealousy **** is for the birds F everybody else i am sick of it.

Sorry to hear of your misfortune, and those pics make me sick to look at them.

With damage like that, I'd try and turn it into something positive. It might be time to consider a wide body.
Old 07-09-2008, 03:16 PM
adconti
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by '06 Quicksilver Z06
Sorry to hear of your misfortune, and those pics make me sick to look at them.

With damage like that, it might be time to consider a wide body.
I love it! Every time someone puts pics of any damage whatsoever "It's time for a widebody". I love the forum.
Old 07-09-2008, 03:32 PM
'06 Quicksilver Z06
Team Owner

Received 30 Likes on 25 Posts

I love it! Every time someone puts pics of any damage whatsoever "It's time for a widebody". I love the forum.
Pretty soon, if you get bug guts on your car, it will be time for a wide body.
Old 07-09-2008, 06:21 PM
El Puto
Drifting

That's right - but if you do, you have to upgrade the motor.

Get notified of new replies

To I Will Never Own Another Corvette In My Life!!! Pics!!!

Old 07-09-2008, 06:39 PM
redline_ken
Racer

Since the damage is done, before getting it fixed (depending on how bad you want the M'fer) you could park it again and just lay low in another vehicle nearby. Nothing beats a van with tinted windows. It's done all the time in surveillance ops. You just have to have patience. Being able to run quick helps too. Just be prepared to run the other way if you have to. ...And of course, call 911.
Old 07-09-2008, 07:18 PM
Chadzilla500
Instructor

Received 18 Likes on 8 Posts

Sorry to hear about your situation.
I dont know if you found a shop yet.. but Im originally from NW indiana and one of my friends owns a great shop
B & E Body Shop
(219) 462-0421
2050 Lincolnway, Valparaiso, IN 46385
He does excellent work and did some nice custom work for me a while back.. talk to bob (hes the owner) and tell him old Chad from metro sent you!
Old 07-09-2008, 07:37 PM
CHASLS2
Team Owner

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
St. Jude Donor '13

Even when my C6 gets dirty i think about doing a wide body.

Quick Reply: I Will Never Own Another Corvette In My Life!!! Pics!!!