C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Looks like I finally got screwed....

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-2008, 12:24 PM
NXTFAZE
Melting Slicks

Received 260 Likes on 76 Posts

Thanks guys for the PM's and support.... and the humor!

I will give him until early next week to contact me, if not, then I will start taking measures to recoup some of my losses.

I also really appreciate the local Vegas guys offering assistance. Don't start digging the holes in the desert yet....(J/K)

Anyone need some half worn Drag Radials on C6 rims? LOL

Old 12-07-2008, 01:10 PM
Joe_Planet
Safety Car

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

why give him time? did he give you anything? besides lies? bleh!
he should refund some of the cost
Old 12-07-2008, 01:21 PM
MONTVALEGOLF
Melting Slicks

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
St. Jude Donor '12, '15

Default scum

I would definately get "savethewave" involved. Nobody here wants the same thing to happen to any one else. I sure hope you can retrieve some of your money back at least. Good Luck. His silence to you obviously is his admission of guilt, silence speaks volumes doesn't it?!
Old 12-07-2008, 02:55 PM
AORoads
Team Owner

Received 2,491 Likes on 1,952 Posts
St. Jude Donor '15
"In honor of jpee"

Actually, I agree with montvale. And I forgot that I also did a recent $1K+ deal for tires with a Forum member and it worked out fine---everything was as represented!

We really can't have bums doing this kinda thing to others on the Forum.
Old 12-07-2008, 03:02 PM
itsonlyairandfuel
Melting Slicks

Received 391 Likes on 243 Posts

New BFG drag radials have 4/32 rubber. The wear bars are 2/32, half the life left. The chunking is most likely from not doing a couple of heat cycles before using the hard, especially on the street. I heat cycled mine three times before using them very minimal chunking of the leading edge. I have seen others that didn't, big difference. Mine have 2/32 left and I'm planning on useing them a lot more. Try checking with someone who races a lot with drag radials, may have a different opinion than the tire store guys. Good Luck Ron B.
Old 12-07-2008, 03:18 PM
MONTVALEGOLF
Melting Slicks

St. Jude Donor '12, '15

Originally Posted by itsonlyairandfuel
New BFG drag radials have 4/32 rubber. The wear bars are 2/32, half the life left. The chunking is most likely from not doing a couple of heat cycles before using the hard, especially on the street. I heat cycled mine three times before using them very minimal chunking of the leading edge. I have seen others that didn't, big difference. Mine have 2/32 left and I'm planning on useing them a lot more. Try checking with someone who races a lot with drag radials, may have a different opinion than the tire store guys. Good Luck Ron B.
Then why is the seller not speaking with the buyer? The buyer has been trying to speak with him repeatedly. Communication could solve a lot of problems.
Old 12-08-2008, 09:25 AM
NXTFAZE
Melting Slicks

I finally got a response from the seller this morning at 5:45 AM

"Total BS they are only half worn they are just trying to sell you tires run them till they are worn out"

This is all he responded with.... I took some pics this weekend, but I have been sick for the past week and forgot my camera at the house. I am getting my vette back from my tuner shop this week and will have them give me their opinion. If I am wrong, then I have no problem admitting it, but I don't think these DR's have anything left.

Old 12-08-2008, 12:15 PM
Fastcar
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by nextphasemarko
I finally got a response from the seller this morning at 5:45 AM

"Total BS they are only half worn they are just trying to sell you tires run them till they are worn out"

This is all he responded with.... I took some pics this weekend, but I have been sick for the past week and forgot my camera at the house. I am getting my vette back from my tuner shop this week and will have them give me their opinion. If I am wrong, then I have no problem admitting it, but I don't think these DR's have anything left.

Well, at least that's a step. He finally responded. I figure peer pressure might have gotten to him. Anyway, a outside person with some knowledge of DR's might be able to offer a objective opinion of them.
Old 12-08-2008, 01:27 PM
jmt1669
Pro

St. Jude Donor '11

I honestly don't think I could do a burnout with them.
I won’t worry about the burn out, I’d be more concerned about the 120mph+ at the end of the ¼. Don’t take the chance. 400-dollar tires are not worth a 50,000+/- car or your safety. Good luck.
Old 12-08-2008, 03:03 PM
NXTFAZE
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by jmt1669
I won’t worry about the burn out, I’d be more concerned about the 120mph+ at the end of the ¼. Don’t take the chance. 400-dollar tires are not worth a 50,000+/- car or your safety. Good luck.

I agree 110%....

I just got back from my shop and the guys said it looks like I might be able to get one track day out of these tires..... We put air into the deflated DR and it held the air (for now). Definately not worth the $400 I spent on them plus shipping.

I e-mailed the seller and asked for my money back or some kind of refund. We will see if he does the right thing.
Old 12-08-2008, 03:46 PM
AintQik
Drifting

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Ha, I got hammered out of a forged motor and over $4k from a forum member. And, after all the nice things I try to do for people he had the ***** to tell me it was my fault. I'm still waitin on good ole Karma. I hear she's a bitch.
Old 12-09-2008, 10:55 AM
NXTFAZE
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by AintQik
Ha, I got hammered out of a forged motor and over $4k from a forum member. And, after all the nice things I try to do for people he had the ***** to tell me it was my fault. I'm still waitin on good ole Karma. I hear she's a bitch.
Sorry to hear about it....

I still haven't got a response from Kris. Now I'm ****in' pissed. Mother****er!
Old 12-09-2008, 11:20 AM
rjwoerheide
Drifting

That sucks. I'm surprised he isn't refunding your money just because it's the right thing to do. His response this morning was hardly satisfactory. He should take your concerns more seriously.

Good luck.

Keep us posted.
Old 12-09-2008, 03:01 PM
Fastcar
Racer

Sorry to hear about it....

I still haven't got a response from Kris. Now I'm ****in' pissed. Mother****er!

What is odd is he has been around for a bit. Usually it pays to be careful of a newer member(no offense intended) but a older member.....
Old 12-09-2008, 03:08 PM
NXTFAZE
Melting Slicks

Default Another Update

"Not even close ask anyone that has run them or just run them yourself I have had multiple sets the top layer goes very quickly but then they last a long time and hook till they are dead depending on your driving style you will get 1-4,000 miles out of them or many many track only days."

I just got this response.... I let him know that I expressed my concerns when I recieved the tires, I got an opinion from Discount Tire and I also got the opinions of my tuner shop that specializes with drag racing. If you think they are still good, then you should have no problem taking them back.
Old 12-09-2008, 03:20 PM
NXTFAZE
Melting Slicks

Default Wow.... I guess I got my final update.

"I am sorry you are getting bad information but I do not have time for this run them and enjoy the faster times."

I just got this e-mail....

So, everyone avoid buying from this clown in the future:

SoldSyclone

Kristofor Olson
9130 Haddington LN
Las Vegas NV 89145

*** Sorry for wasting bandwidth on this issue, I just don't want this to happen to anyone in the future.***

Thanks for the support & have a great week!

Old 12-09-2008, 09:03 PM
MONTVALEGOLF
Melting Slicks

St. Jude Donor '12, '15

"I am sorry you are getting bad information but I do not have time for this run them and enjoy the faster times."

SoldSyclone

Kristofor Olson
9130 Haddington LN
Las Vegas NV 89145

*** Sorry for wasting bandwidth on this issue, I just don't want this to happen to anyone in the future.***

He will be less then thrilled that his complete info is public corvette forum knowledge now. ..Not to mention in his own neighborhood. As Gomer Pyle used to say..."Surprise, surprise."

Get notified of new replies

To Looks like I finally got screwed....

Old 12-09-2008, 11:11 PM
AORoads
Team Owner

Received 2,491 Likes on 1,952 Posts
St. Jude Donor '15
"In honor of jpee"

Did someone write earlier that "soldsyclone" no longer has a Corvette, or am I dreaming? Regardless, it's funny (well, not really) how these "reputation" things can follow you from one brand of forum to another.

I keep thinking back to the recently departed "seat man" from Acura who bought a Corvette (maybe, and maybe not) and kept writing innumerable posts and threads about seats, brakes, etc.

That is, until super-sleuth, JSchindler discovered his prior forum---and how utterly despised he was on that one.
Old 12-10-2008, 12:14 AM
S2K
Melting Slicks

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

SoldSyclone

Kristofor Olson
9130 Haddington LN
Las Vegas NV 89145

Not at all a waste. Sorry this happened to you, but others can benefit from you having brought it, and this scammer, into the public forum.
Old 12-10-2008, 03:59 AM
bob53
Melting Slicks

Received 314 Likes on 141 Posts

Wow, talk about a small world...

Not like it helps the situation of this transaction at all but I was good friends with SoldSyclone when we were kids. The spelling of his first name got me thinking - with a little help of Google I am 99% confident that it's the same Kris I grew up with in MN. I have not seen him in years. Disclaimer - I have no knowledge of this transaction any more than what I have read here - but Kris is a very decent guy and so I hope you can reach some sort of resolution with him.

Quick Reply: Looks like I finally got screwed....