C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Can anyone point me to the C6 convertible windscreen installation instructions?

Search this Thread

Old 12-28-2008, 10:43 AM
Buck Swope
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Can anyone point me to the C6 convertible windscreen installation instructions?

It's the 19156012, the current accessory. I started to install it, and now cannot find the installation instructions sheet anywhere.

Thanks.
Old 12-28-2008, 01:48 PM
richhoff
Melting Slicks

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

I have the instructions for the GM Windscreen. Is that the one you need? PM me a fax number and I will fax them tomarrow.
Old 12-28-2008, 04:55 PM
Hogvette
Burning Brakes

I don't have the instructions, but here are some pics of the installed product... I had the dealer install mine with good results:

Good Luck!

Old 12-29-2008, 12:59 PM
Buck Swope
Advanced

PM sent. Thanks, guys.
Old 08-12-2014, 06:57 AM
Agentsea
2nd Gear

Originally Posted by richhoff
I have the instructions for the GM Windscreen. Is that the one you need? PM me a fax number and I will fax them tomarrow.
Hi,
I require them s well... Hope you can help for a 09 C6
Fax 519-541-9004
Appreciate it
Thanks
Agentsea
Old 08-12-2014, 11:25 AM
Bob Paris
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 2,341 Likes on 1,052 Posts

Here is my old post from a year ago. Hope it helps - search internet for GM PI0476.

GM changed the trim bezel and fasteners beginning model year 2011 but the instructions supplied with the windbreak have not been revised. Talk about confusing! Search for GM PI0476 which is the "Revised Installation Instructions for Accessory Windbreak" and it explains that the Torx fastener has been eliminated and replaced with a trim clip etc. I agree with other posts that the originally supplied instructions are vague & misleading and being out-of-date made the situation very frustrating. I realized that I would have to drill-out where the old Torx bold went in order to install the new bolt but did not want to cut & drill without seeing it in writing and the revised instructions did that. Whew! I would like to clarify the location of the trunk panel harness for those with power tops. If you are standing at the rear of the vehicle staring inside the trunk you will see where the partition is attached on either side near the top of the trunk. The passenger side attachment activates a switch similar to the door switch in a refrigerator that allows the light to come on when you open the door. It is this circuit that you want to connect the bracket harness to. If you feel behind the passenger side attachment you will detect a wire that goes down below the carpet and insulation in the trunk. And it is there that you will find the connecter that allows you to complete the electrical. If a previous post had not alluded to this location I don't think I would have ever found this wiring and hopefully my directions are even more specific. I probably spent 3 hours on this install counting the time I wasted throwing my hands up in the air in frustration and searching the forums for advice. Now that I have done it I could complete the job in 45 minutes. Oh yeah, another bit of advice I took from a post was not to cut the carpet. Since the brackets are mounted next to each trim bezel I merely put the carpet back the way I found it. The slight change in geography created a tiny crease in the carpet on each side that is only noticeable to the person who did the installation - no one else would notice. And my carpet remains un-cut. For years my credo has been to "never lose to an inanimate object" but this project tested that motto to the limit. Had I not been able to find advice on the internet I would have given up and gone to the dealer. That's no fun.

Last edited by Bob Paris; 08-12-2014 at 11:31 AM.
Old 06-23-2016, 01:50 PM
grovoe006
2nd Gear

Default I need the same windscreen oem. C6 install directions please

Many fax is4132697177
Thank you

Originally Posted by richhoff

Get notified of new replies

To Can anyone point me to the C6 convertible windscreen installation instructions?

Quick Reply: Can anyone point me to the C6 convertible windscreen installation instructions?