C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

How good is the stock stereo?

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-2009, 09:44 AM
freyke
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by KenHorse
I have the Nav/Radio in my '07 and I have to say that it ain't all the bad. Sure, crank up the bass and treble all the way and you have a fairly decent sounding system. Then again, I don't listen to Hip hop or Rap (mostly classic rock stuff thank you) and the Bose system sounds great to me.

I dropped a Kenwood DNX7120 into my '02 Z06 and it sounds killer to me too.

YMMV of course

I dropped a Kenwood DNX7100 in mine - the improvement is down right silly. The stock speaker system is surprisingly good.
Old 01-03-2009, 12:13 AM
pentavolvo
Le Mans Master

Received 19 Likes on 19 Posts
Cruise-In IX Veteran

I install car audio and mainly do vettes.

IMO the C5 stereo is better then the C6, and i actually find the base c6 to be better then the bose. Most people can get away with a simple speakers swap 3.5 upfront, 5.25 in back and disconnect the center channel (please do this even if ur not swapping speakers)

For well under 1g u can replace the entire front setup and rears add a 4 channel amp and blow the stock stereo away, for closer to 1g u can add a sub as well with a 5 channel amp and have a great system. Other then no USB, or ipod etc the stock unit actually dumps a clean signal
Old 01-03-2009, 05:45 PM
jimc62k7
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

It's good but the road noise seems to take away some of it's sound.

Originally Posted by snowwolfe
I never thought the stock stereo on my C5 was worth a crap and am wondering if they improved any.
My new vette will have the indash 6 disc stereo and I am wondering if they have gotten any better over the years?
Also, is there anyway to connect a flash drive to it? My Honda Si allows me to connect a flashdrive to it and I love it!
Old 01-03-2009, 06:44 PM
Silver99v6
Safety Car

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I completely changed out my sound system in my car. Now it sounds the way it should.
Old 01-03-2009, 08:41 PM
AORoads
Team Owner

Received 2,491 Likes on 1,952 Posts
St. Jude Donor '15
"In honor of jpee"

I say, save this and other threads that you find in researching the topic, get the car, drive it around with whatever system comes in the car, and then make a decision.

Heck, if I were so inclined and driving through/near Palatine, Illinois, I just might make an advance appointment with pentavolvo and get things DONE. But then, that'd cost bucks.... Still, it's not a bad idea....one to consider.
Old 01-03-2009, 09:16 PM
NYC6
Team Owner

Received 207 Likes on 155 Posts

Originally Posted by Silver99v6
I completely changed out my sound system in my car. Now it sounds the way it should.
I did the same. Started out just wanting a JL Stealthbox. About $4000 later....now Im happy

Quick Reply: How good is the stock stereo?