C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2008 A6 Paddle Shift delays quantified - thoughts?

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2021, 10:10 PM
buckmeister2
Le Mans Master

Received 1,206 Likes on 824 Posts

Yes, it is very interesting. However, at no time in the article, do either of the two techs state that GM has achieved quicker times with the paddle mode shift than the auto-shift. It states the the owner can now determine when they want to shift, "and set the vehicles fastest times". If you think that GM never tested their new FLUXCAPACITORSUPERGYRO to see if it was quicker, you are naive. And, if it were quicker, they would have made a huge deal about it. So, I am thrilled that I can practice tapping the perfect shift points that "may" give me the same ET as the full-auto shift.

I really enjoy messin' with the paddles, but when I want to fly, I go with auto-pilot.
Old 01-17-2021, 09:37 AM
BadAV
Race Director

Received 2,697 Likes on 1,711 Posts

Originally Posted by buckmeister2
wow, I dunno 'bout that...I see a 1.2 shift with paddles on the video, and .54 without paddles. can't imagine why anyone racing would use the paddles, other than as a plaything.
Paddles are good on a road course, so that you don't encounter unwanted downshifts coming out of tight corners.
Old 01-17-2021, 12:53 PM
buckmeister2
Le Mans Master

Received 1,206 Likes on 824 Posts

Of course they are, though the emphasis was upshifts. I was thinking of drag racing. Can't imagine anyone on a road course not being able to hold the gear they choose when they need it. Does the "rev-matching" feature in the A6 come into play on a road course?

Quick Reply: 2008 A6 Paddle Shift delays quantified - thoughts?