C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

is there a by pass to drop the top while moving

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-2009, 05:08 PM
obxchartercaptain
Safety Car

Received 309 Likes on 199 Posts
FL Events Coordinator

Originally Posted by cclive
...simple situation where no rain is involved: You are on the interstate 10 at the beach in santa monica ca, its 74 degrees at the beach and you are enjoying the top down. As you head inland, the temperature rises rapidly and in five miles, it is 90. When you get near downtown la, the traffic gets thick and you are now moving at 10 mph and the temp is 95 degrees. You pull the parking brake up one click, put the top up and hit the a/c...its back to 74 in the car.
Now if you want to tough it out and not put the top up, or go through the ordeal of getting off the freeway, finding a place to stop, and then put up the top and then figure out how to get back on the freeway....more power to you. For me, i'm going to do it at 10 mph on the freeway, be done with it, and get a few admiring looks from the poor slobs that aren't lucky enough to be driving a shiny c6 convertible. But thats just me.....
amen
Old 08-21-2009, 05:16 PM
obxchartercaptain
Safety Car

Received 309 Likes on 199 Posts
FL Events Coordinator

Originally Posted by holdin5aces
Currently, there is a triple black 1959 Corvette in my garage. It sits next to a Monterey Red/Cashmere/Black 2006 C6 Convertible with 3Lt which means the power top. So two of my current three rides are indeed convertibles.

There are no appropriate times to be putting the power top up or down except when stationary. None that a reasonable person concerned about the safety of others would adopt. But this thread puts me at risk for the sake of another's convenience.

I started driving legally in 1963 and count 9 convertibles in my past. The one that got away. The ultimate everyday man's vert. A 1959 Cadillac Model 62. Ka-bling ka-bling. You could have sublet the back seat to a family of four and not known they were there.

We might have too many self protective laws, but we have so few with the innate ability to self police themselves that they become necessary. Consider the number of horrific accidents in the last year or so with people texting and driving. How dumb is that? Risk your life and the lives of others to send a worthless message. So yes, there needs to be laws to protect me from you when you won't.

As for the law against marrying your second wife, the case is made that there was one at all. So you obviously did not learn from the first. So yes, I guess there should have been a law to keep you from continually making poor choices and expecting a different result.

Choices like putting a convertible top down on the run.

I am glad I now can put my top up and down while moving in my c6 convertible. YOU can do as you please....And while I left myself open to your opinion on my second wife...I might add that YOU are a $$hole!!

Quick Reply: is there a by pass to drop the top while moving