C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Direct Bolt-In Racing Seats for C5/C6

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-2009, 11:10 AM
0marrad
Former Vendor

Received 70 Likes on 41 Posts

Default Direct Bolt-In Racing Seats for C5/C6

We received an OMP RS seat this week and set it up on our brackets and sliders. It's a reasonably priced FIA approved seat. I'm a 38" waist and fit comfortably in this model. It is a full 15" between the plastic pieces for the lap belt openings (hip area). The seat we received weighed in at 17lbs. If anyone is interested in this seat or another seat set up on our brackets let me know.

We are beginning to offer any of the OMP seats that fit the C5/C6 with our brackets and sliders. You can use the stock seat belt and a 4, 5 or 6 pt. harness with our brackets. You would never want to use the stock belt with the buckle in the position in the photograph. You would need to run the buckle thru the side opening and the factory lap belt thru the opposing hole but you would still be better off to use the harness with sub belts.

OMP is an Italian company like Sparco that is very well know in Europe but not as well know as Sparco in the US. Sparco EVO's are between $739-$759 and this OMP model is $549. A few other OMP seats are shown below.

OMP RS-PT - $699

The HTE model starts at $879 and has an optional Air-Flow system available.

Our brackets with sliders can also be used with Sparco, Cobra, Corbeau and most other side mounted seats using the FIA standard hole dimension. Some models we installed sit lower than the stock seat but not all. Some seats have a drop down area under your butt and others are more straight across and that affects the final seating height. Of course, if the sliders are not used the seat can just about sit on the floor if needed.
Old 06-21-2013, 04:03 PM
Gas it!
Intermediate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Fitment for the taller driver

My son is 6' 4" and I am 6' 1" so I think we need the slider. Our next concern is head room - What is the height of the bottom of the seat (with the bottom cushion removed) with the seat all the way back compared to the OEM seat height?
Thanks in advance.

Quick Reply: Direct Bolt-In Racing Seats for C5/C6