C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New 2010 Corvette Edmunds Review

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-2009, 03:28 PM
Sherwinator
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New 2010 Corvette Edmunds Review

Hey guys,

Here's a pretty detailed new review of the '10 Vette.

Edmunds Review of 2010 Vette

Old 09-19-2009, 03:44 PM
peter pan
Life Time NCM #2196

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,099 Likes on 810 Posts

Very good review on all models of the Vette only negative is the interior
Old 09-19-2009, 03:45 PM
Vette Suspension
Le Mans Master

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sad some of the so called yuppie elite cannot resist taking a shot at Corvette owners. Gold chains and dye your hair? Sounds like someone lost a girl to a guy that drove a Vette

Sub-par interior? I guess they were unaware of the 4LT.

Other then those complaints not a bad review.
Old 09-19-2009, 04:12 PM
Sherwinator
Instructor

They talk a little bit about alternatives such as the M3 and say how it's in the same price category of the Vette. A base M3 starts at 57k. BMW also doesn't give nearly as many incentives as Chevy. A 1LT Vette starts at around 48k and change. I've heard of some people getting into the base Vette for a little more than 41 or 42 after incentives. Also, just because the vehicles have similar horsepower output doesn't mean that they're like in nature. I feel like they're two completely different beasts.
Old 09-19-2009, 04:44 PM
06 C6 vert
Melting Slicks

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Vette Suspension
Sad some of the so called yuppie elite cannot resist taking a shot at Corvette owners. Gold chains and dye your hair? Sounds like someone lost a girl to a guy that drove a Vette

Other then those complaints not a bad review.
Vette owners are a lot more sophisticated than they use to be, sure we have our share of Red Necks and old farts with chrome hanging all over the vette . Lots more of us are into the power and performance of a world class sports car over the bling. LESS BLING MORE FILLING.
Old 09-19-2009, 07:13 PM
Silver05GTO
Race Director

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

Unfortunatly the vette does have a stigma as an "old mans car." I'm 30 and most of my friends are mid 20's........they grew up and prefering something Japanese, as a result I get ribbed about having a mid-life crisis!

I could care less though, while it's true I hardly ever see a younger person driving a vette, there's no other car that I'd rather have right now.
Old 09-19-2009, 07:24 PM
LucaBrasiAZ
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 113 Likes on 70 Posts

im 37, my GF is 26 and has an 2008 M3.....and prefers driving my 1LT coupe. That to me says alot.
Old 09-19-2009, 09:03 PM
frankc5r
Advanced

Originally Posted by Sherwinator
Hey guys,

Here's a pretty detailed new review of the '10 Vette.

Edmunds Review of 2010 Vette

Review is OK but is WRONG when it says automatic is no cost
option on base and GS models.
Edmunds's pricing report is correct on trans.
Old 09-19-2009, 09:33 PM
Daytona Bob
Race Director

St. Jude Donor '09 & '12, '14

GM's Flagship car is in need of a huge overhaul interior-wise and technology-wise.

Unlike 2001-2004 (final years of the C5)

The final years of the C6 will be rough going... I mean the Malibu's interior is alot nicer. That says alot.
Old 09-19-2009, 10:29 PM
TBonez
2005 Beast
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by peter pan
Very good review on all models of the Vette only negative is the interior
How about I shove that sponge Bob up you A$$
Old 09-20-2009, 02:18 AM
Silver05GTO
Race Director

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by Daytona Bob
GM's Flagship car is in need of a huge overhaul interior-wise and technology-wise.

Unlike 2001-2004 (final years of the C5)

The final years of the C6 will be rough going... I mean the Malibu's interior is alot nicer. That says alot.

You can't defend the interior, it was "ok" back in 2005, now it's just falling behind in features and looks. With most cars getting complete overhauls every 3-5 years the C6 (if treated as a normal production car) would've already seen a new interior developed.

Sharing a steering wheel with a Cobalt/Saturn etc doesn't help, the seats haven't changed which have ALWAYS been slammed in reviews, it's long in the tooth.

Now don't get me wrong, I know you can't have everything, the interior was a cut back, I find it fine for my use, but you can't fault reviewers to question WTF is going on with the interior after 5-6 years into production now. The competition might not exactly stack up performance wise but for a grand touring sports car the other cars are leaving the vette in the dust in interior quality/features.
Old 09-20-2009, 04:27 AM
Craig3Q
Racer
Support Corvetteforum!

I'm a newbie here. I've started looking at buying a Corvette only recently, and agree that the seats were especially surprising to me when I first drove one, in that they aren't up to my expectations for a modern sports car. Would be nice if from the factory the car accommodated a 5-point or even a 4-point harness, for example. I didn't pay much attention to the wheel, but I liked the minimalist nature of the interior otherwise.
Old 09-20-2009, 08:32 AM
jwreed50
Instructor

Received 27 Likes on 14 Posts

I just picked up a 2010 Vert (3LT) at the NCM last Thursday and spent a couple of days driving it home. For the life of me, I don't understand the negative comments about the interior. The seats are great and the interior is what I would expect in a high-end performance car. In my book, it's five stars all around.
Old 09-20-2009, 08:49 AM
not08crmanymore
Team Owner

Received 138 Likes on 119 Posts

O
The price point to get the 4lt is ridiculous!That interior is what should be in every vette from the start.GM keeps raising the price of the car year after year.It's not as much of a bargain as it used to be.The 4lt isn't really that nice,although it is a massive improvement over the stock junk they have the stones to put in a 50,000 dollar car,or a 41,000 dollar car,whatever your price point.You can get a freeakin HYUNDAI with a nicer quality interior then my Vette,and that's no joke!I don't wonder for a second why GM crashed and burned.I'm not trashing the Vette,I love mine and pretty much most Vettes,but the interior is and has been a farce.
Old 09-20-2009, 08:54 AM
Licit
Melting Slicks

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by jwreed50
I just picked up a 2010 Vert (3LT) at the NCM last Thursday and spent a couple of days driving it home. For the life of me, I don't understand the negative comments about the interior. The seats are great and the interior is what I would expect in a high-end performance car. In my book, it's five stars all around.
I would say that makes sense with you having the 3LT. The 3LT and 4LT interiors are quite acceptable. 1LT and 2LT and pretty cut-rate and obviously so. It's hard to find a review that doesn't knock the vette interior. I can live with my 2LT interior on my 08 coupe but it's sad that I have to say the statement "I can live with" about anything on my vette.
Old 09-20-2009, 09:28 AM
StanNH
Le Mans Master

Received 1,221 Likes on 411 Posts

This review was reasonably objective and generally very positive. The issues the reviewer had are all well known and areas that most car testers criticize.

Just about every review of the C6 gets down on the interior and the seats and, IMHO, justifiably so. The seats, while reasonably comfortable, are very poorly padded and feel cheap. The crude manually adjusted seatbacks are a joke and do not belong in GM's "flagship" car. The seat controls are not intuitive and are awkwardly placed. The interior materials are okay, but not top quality. Most of the design elements are good, but the execution of the center console is poor and not well integrated at all. On non NAV units, the radio and climate control displays don't even look like they belong in the same car. The ashtray door is Cobalt quality. The 4LT improves the look, but basically just covers up the same pieces.

In spite of this, the overall interior look is actually pretty good. The chintzy seats aren't at all uncomfortable on long trips and do provide at least some support. So, yes, the interior is perfectly functional and not bad looking. That's not the same thing, though, as saying it's "world class". It's not ... it should be.

The rationale for the many obvious shortcuts on the Corvette is that GM had to do this in order to keep such a high performance car affordable. That's not a valid argument. Many of the weak areas are that way by design and can easily be improved with little or no increase in price. How much did the price go up when we finally got audio controls on the steering wheel? Embroidered logos on the seats do not improve interior quality. Better integration of components, better ergonomics, better fit and finish, no rattles, and better noise insulation are things that matter. These are areas that can, and should, be dealt with in the design and engineering studios before the car even goes into production.

I want the Corvette to be "world class" in every part of its design. It currently has the looks, the power, and the handling to compete with some of the most exotic cars being produced. To bristle every time a car review points out the car's shortcomings is the wrong attitude. I want the car's warts to be exposed, because that's the only way GM will be pressured to keep improving this car.

The C6 is arguably the best Corvette ever produced. It is also one of the best high perfromance cars in the world, and a bargain by any standard. That doesn't mean it's perfect ... it certainly isn't. GM needs feedback to keep developing this car and, if the majority of negative comments are focused on interior quality issues, they will be forced to address those complaints. It's called progress. GM has too often tried to skimp on areas that other car manufacturers excel in. They can't afford to do that any more.

Rather than say "it's the best we can afford to give you due to our cost constraints," GM had better figure out ways of providing its customers with better quality for less money. It's called efficiency and involves, among other things, holding your subcontractors to higher performance standards. With the Corvette, the attitude that overall quality can be compromised as long as the power is there is no longer valid. GM has to be able to provide a complete package with no apparent cost costing obvious to the customer. That is how the "new" GM will survive. No excuses, no shortcuts. They have to figure it out, and making their "flagship" as good as they can, inside and out, is a goal we should all share and encourage.

The C6, as good as it is, has its flaws. It can be better, it should be better and, if GM can prosper, it will be better.

Last edited by StanNH; 09-20-2009 at 09:31 AM.
Old 09-20-2009, 09:50 AM
BigKitty
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

You get what you pay for!If you want an expensive interior buy a caddy,or a lexus.I want performance and could give sh-t about the interior!

Get notified of new replies

To New 2010 Corvette Edmunds Review

Old 09-20-2009, 09:57 AM
wolfdogs
Le Mans Master

Location: Stafford VA, home of our wolf den. No house break ins to date.
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by BigKitty
You get what you pay for!If you want an expensive interior buy a caddy,or a lexus.I want performance and could give sh-t about the interior!
me too. and bottom line is, if you want more out of your interior..there are some awesome vendors here that can provide you with products that will blast other interiors out of the woodwork.
Old 09-20-2009, 10:03 AM
LFZ
Team Owner

Received 310 Likes on 227 Posts

Originally Posted by Guinnessboy
im 37, my GF is 26 and has an 2008 M3.....and prefers driving my 1LT coupe. That to me says alot.
post pics of GF.

and I agree with others..who gives a damn about interior..its fine for my uses.
Old 09-20-2009, 10:26 AM
Buzerd
Instructor

I think the main point being made is the interior could be better for the same cash. "who cares about the interior" why wouldn't you? If it could be better why would that be a negative? Look how long it has taken to get an I-pod jack, we aren't talking major things for the most part but things that are in most modern sports cars. If they add 50 more HP I wouldn't complain but I also won't use it 28 days out of 30 like most people, but I would use my I-pod all those days.

Quick Reply: New 2010 Corvette Edmunds Review