C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Got a Chuck Cow tune today! WOW!

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-2009, 08:38 PM
iridelow
Le Mans Master

Received 161 Likes on 87 Posts

Default Got a Chuck Cow tune today! WOW!

OK, for those of you who have had their car tuned on a dyno, you just don't know what your missing! Been there done that, not the same! Chuck tunes your car the way it "should" have been from the factory! This is NOT a 1 hour tune job! I spent about 8 hours at a shop in Tabor City NC today, but it was well worth it! it's not just the power! My car runs cooler, smoother and feels like a different car. And yes, it will make you say a few four letters words when you put it to the floor! For anyone wanting to get the most from their vette, make it a point to get a Chuck Cow tune. We had guys from Tenn., Georgia, NC, SC and other places show up today, and it was well worth it!
Old 10-03-2009, 09:09 PM
Johnny Utah
Safety Car

Location: ,fl.Never, under any circumstances, take a sleeping pill and a laxative on the same night.
Received 14 Likes on 7 Posts

I will definatley have to get a tune by Chuck cow,I missed last time he was in Florida(south)It seems he has plenty of satisfied customers,wich makes my choice easier as far a tuner....btw do you have a auto/man
Old 10-03-2009, 10:22 PM
iridelow
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by Johnny Utah
I will definatley have to get a tune by Chuck cow,I missed last time he was in Florida(south)It seems he has plenty of satisfied customers,wich makes my choice easier as far a tuner....btw do you have a auto/man
mine is the MN6. Everyone else there today had auto's and it seems, the auto owners get even more advantages from the tune because he also tunes the tranny! This is no BS, I have driven 2 z06's and I swear my LS2 with the tune, the Vararam and the MGW shifter hits just as hard as the Z06 does! Now i know the Z06 is faster and pulls harder because of the LS7, but other than pure HP, my LS2 now feels alot more like the Z06 when going through the gears! It is much more of a car now, and really amazing what a good tune can do!
Old 10-03-2009, 11:10 PM
kev1n
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I don't care how great it is, I ain't doing it till powertrain warranty is expired.
Old 10-04-2009, 12:00 AM
peter pan
Life Time NCM #2196

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,099 Likes on 810 Posts

Originally Posted by kev1n
I don't care how great it is, I ain't doing it till powertrain warranty is expired.
Long time for me as we did the extended and no tune here, ok for us I have a boosted Vette that rocks as does Chucks tunes
Old 10-04-2009, 07:52 AM
mikez51c6
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
St. Jude Donor '11

Old 10-04-2009, 07:56 AM
gene0809
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by iridelow
OK, for those of you who have had their car tuned on a dyno, you just don't know what your missing! Been there done that, not the same! Chuck tunes your car the way it "should" have been from the factory! This is NOT a 1 hour tune job! I spent about 8 hours at a shop in Tabor City NC today, but it was well worth it! it's not just the power! My car runs cooler, smoother and feels like a different car. And yes, it will make you say a few four letters words when you put it to the floor! For anyone wanting to get the most from their vette, make it a point to get a Chuck Cow tune. We had guys from Tenn., Georgia, NC, SC and other places show up today, and it was well worth it!
congrats..
Old 10-04-2009, 08:06 AM
weathermaker
Safety Car

Received 81 Likes on 67 Posts

I think if Chuck was to come to my area, I would go for his tune. My 05 is out of warranty and I not heard of too many complaint about his tunes,other than the lock.
Old 10-04-2009, 08:59 AM
mongooseC6
Drifting

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Iridelow, I was there Friday all day and had a great time. Chuck tuned my 08 A6 and I had the 342 gear installed too. Chuck took me for a long ride afterwards and it was amazing. I thought the Vette was quick before, but now it is kick-*** and scary fast. I wish I had stayed another day in Tabor City just to hang out and watch him work and meet some more CF members. It was an experience I will never forget. Chuck is a genius, no question. He is serious and takes his time and will settle for nothing less than perfection. There was some good comraderie at that shop and everyone there was cool.

The car IS different. It pulls hard and even sounds better. It hits 100 before you can blink. The transmission is unbelievably different. When I did PassTime it was a 12.3 at 117 mph, and I can't wait to see what it will do now with this tune and rearend. I am so confident that I have already ordered an 11-second club decal. I am sure it will get into the 11-second range when I get accustomed to the extra power and learn the launch procedure and with minimal spinning of tires, even on the run-flats and will match the Vettes with turbos, and I spent only a reasonable amount.

Naysayers should keep their mouths shut until they experience this for themselves.

Congratulations on your tune! It was a great day all around. Chuck and Corina are the best.

Last edited by mongooseC6; 10-04-2009 at 09:14 AM.
Old 10-04-2009, 09:12 AM
dvilin
Team Owner

Received 7,929 Likes on 4,810 Posts

Originally Posted by mikez51c6
Old 10-04-2009, 09:43 AM
vettedoogie
Le Mans Master

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

WOW do you think he is a poser?then you might as well call everyone who buys a new gs a poser,personally I wouldn't buy a gs because I dont care fore the hash marks on the fenders,imho he car is tastefully done(wide body with a removable top)
Like many car lovers, the Corvette world is full of posers, period. It is part of the culture/hobby/whatever, so just deal with it. This forum is clearly a clearinghouse of poser stuff. It is just like watching all of the poser Camaros, Cudas, and others that are "tribute" cars at auctions like Mecum. Many buy these cars to show everyone that they can afford a Z28 or some other COPO car when they don't have to explain what the car really is.

As for a tune, like many other mods, that is a great idea if you aren't interested in getting warranty work done. I personally would love to have the ability to mod a car this way and not have to worry about the potential negative consequences. I'm sure they can increase performance to a great degree.

BTW, hash marks are just an option on the GS. I've seen several with none of them.
Old 10-04-2009, 10:31 AM
iw172
Drifting

Location: Retired early,everyday is Saturday...Hocking Hills Ohio
Received 136 Likes on 107 Posts

Originally Posted by Silver05GTO

SOTP can do some funny things. I don't doubt the car "feels" faster but the proof is in what it puts down on a dyno and runs at the track. Are there new dyno results from the CoW tune?

On a serious note, I waxed the car last week, took it for a drive afterwards and swear no BS -it hit has hard as a Bugatti Veyron.
Old 10-04-2009, 10:31 AM
Johnny Utah
Safety Car

Location: ,fl.Never, under any circumstances, take a sleeping pill and a laxative on the same night.
Received 14 Likes on 7 Posts

All I know is if I have to choose Im going to choose option A

OPTION A

b

Old 10-04-2009, 10:39 AM
iridelow
Le Mans Master

All I know is if I have to choose Im going to choose option A

OPTION A

b

Thanks Johnny!
Old 10-04-2009, 10:54 AM
Neumonic2002
Drifting

Received 29 Likes on 26 Posts
St. Jude Donor '09-'10

Congrads iridelow!!!!

Sounds like you guys had an awesome experience that day!
Thanks for sharing

Posts like yours are enjoyable to read for all..
Old 10-04-2009, 10:59 AM
iridelow
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by mongooseC6
Iridelow, I was there Friday all day and had a great time. Chuck tuned my 08 A6 and I had the 342 gear installed too. Chuck took me for a long ride afterwards and it was amazing. I thought the Vette was quick before, but now it is kick-*** and scary fast. I wish I had stayed another day in Tabor City just to hang out and watch him work and meet some more CF members. It was an experience I will never forget. Chuck is a genius, no question. He is serious and takes his time and will settle for nothing less than perfection. There was some good comraderie at that shop and everyone there was cool.

The car IS different. It pulls hard and even sounds better. It hits 100 before you can blink. The transmission is unbelievably different. When I did PassTime it was a 12.3 at 117 mph, and I can't wait to see what it will do now with this tune and rearend. I am so confident that I have already ordered an 11-second club decal. I am sure it will get into the 11-second range when I get accustomed to the extra power and learn the launch procedure and with minimal spinning of tires, even on the run-flats and will match the Vettes with turbos, and I spent only a reasonable amount.

Naysayers should keep their mouths shut until they experience this for themselves.

Congratulations on your tune! It was a great day all around. Chuck and Corina are the best.
Don, I would love to see you pull up next to 3LZ06 on the track! It would be funny to see your 08 auto, gears and tune beat his Z06! I'll put my money on you, not because your car is faster, but because I bet you can drive yours much better than he can his!!! But if he runs his mouth on the track, like he does on this forum, he's bound to get an extra 50HP from the hot air coming out of his mouth!!
Old 10-04-2009, 11:00 AM
mbing09V
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by mikez51c6

Get notified of new replies

To Got a Chuck Cow tune today! WOW!

Old 10-04-2009, 11:43 AM
KWC6
Drifting

Received 30 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by kev1n
Old 10-04-2009, 12:29 PM
Tact
Law Dawg Moderator

Received 96 Likes on 76 Posts
CF St. Jude Co-Organizer
St. Jude Donor '05-'06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17-'18-'19-'20-'21

Members who have had their posts deleted will be dealt with. Remember the rule here dealing with civility?
Old 10-04-2009, 02:02 PM
mongooseC6
Drifting

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Don, I would love to see you pull up next to 3LZ06 on the track! It would be funny to see your 08 auto, gears and tune beat his Z06! I'll put my money on you, not because your car is faster, but because I bet you can drive yours much better than he can his!!! But if he runs his mouth on the track, like he does on this forum, he's bound to get an extra 50HP from the hot air coming out of his mouth!!
Thanks Kevin. It kills me the track is closed to street legals because of a special event this coming weekend and I will have to wait another week to try the "new" car out. It'd be nice to have a legal and safe place where regular guys can go and run their cars just for practice.

Quick Reply: Got a Chuck Cow tune today! WOW!