C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

B&B Bullets

Old 10-21-2009, 01:39 PM
The Saint
Team Owner

Received 12 Likes on 3 Posts

Default B&B Bullets

This has probably been done a million times, but I'm very close to getting this exhaust for my car (C6 w/manual trans) and I'd welcome opinions. Do you have this exhaust? Did you consider it before going with something else? Why? Etc, etc.

I've heard that it's pretty loud and aggressive, which is fine with me. Still, I'd like to be able to hear the music, have conversations, etc with the targa top removed.

Thanks in advance.
Old 10-21-2009, 01:48 PM
Zymurgy

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 15,067 Likes on 6,169 Posts

While I have the B&B Bullets on my car and love them, I strongly suggest that you go to a local Corvette Club and listen to the various exhaust systems everyone has. I'm sure somebody will be glad to give you a ride in their car so you can get the full experience for yourself.
Old 10-21-2009, 03:48 PM
lynnb
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Zymurgy
While I have the B&B Bullets on my car and love them, I strongly suggest that you go to a local Corvette Club and listen to the various exhaust systems everyone has. I'm sure somebody will be glad to give you a ride in their car so you can get the full experience for yourself.
if your gonna keep it stock, you'll love them. I now have 900rwhp and its to loud. you can hear me from a damn mile away.
Old 10-21-2009, 04:06 PM
The Saint
Team Owner

Received 12 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by lynnb
if your gonna keep it stock, you'll love them. I now have 900rwhp and its to loud. you can hear me from a damn mile away.
Yes I am going to keep it stock. Thanks for the input guys.
Old 10-21-2009, 04:10 PM
jsims002
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Have em, not that loud. I'm sure they sound louder to coupe owners.
Old 10-21-2009, 05:03 PM
Gerry miller
Instructor

Default Best Looking Exhaust Worst DRONE on the Planet

I had them on my C6 ,stock, and if you actually go anywhere you will hate them by the time you get back. Now if your a profilin weekend warrior like a lot of people on this forum they sound awesome OUTSIDE, and the quality and appearance is very good. The Drone drove me nuts on a trip, Much worse than my1969 427 with side pipes.
I tried everything to nullify the DRONE. Took them off and have Corsa Extremes on now. If you want to be noticed and make an awesome entry Get Bullits and GO FOR IT...I just hated blowing all that money twice.:r ofl:
Old 10-21-2009, 05:06 PM
Xedes
Safety Car

I heard them at a local car event and they sounded great, just not for me (wife hates loud exhaust).
Old 10-21-2009, 05:23 PM
Zymurgy

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 15,067 Likes on 6,169 Posts

Originally Posted by Gerry miller
I had them on my C6 ,stock, and if you actually go anywhere you will hate them by the time you get back. Now if your a profilin weekend warrior like a lot of people on this forum they sound awesome OUTSIDE, and the quality and appearance is very good. The Drone drove me nuts on a trip, Much worse than my1969 427 with side pipes.
I tried everything to nullify the DRONE. Took them off and have Corsa Extremes on now. If you want to be noticed and make an awesome entry Get Bullits and GO FOR IT...I just hated blowing all that money twice.:r ofl:
I disagree. I have mine on my daily driver. I have also taken a long distance trip (Route 66) with them. I love them. My point is that this is a very subjective thing. What you may hate I may love. Don't assume that everyone will react the way you did. That is why I strongly suggested the OP listen to them in person and ride in a car with them before making a decision.
Old 10-21-2009, 05:52 PM
leadfoot88
Racer

I like them because I wanted a louder exhaust than NPP when they were open. They do drone sometimes when the top is on. When riding around with the top off I don't recall hearing any drone.

Either way I love them. Good suggestion by the other member who said you should hear them first. If you are on the fence I would make that a top priority because so many sound great. You have to choose which one you like the best!
Old 10-21-2009, 05:55 PM
pewter99
Team Owner

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,194 Likes on 704 Posts
Pilot of Beer Force 1
Tampa Regional Coordinator
CI 4-5-6-7-8 Veteran
Organizer St. Jude Fundraiser
I believe in the Beer Fairy

Not B&B but...my .02

I have the loudest Borlas on my Z06 and I can tell you this....they do not have the dreaded Borla drone like my Stingers do on my 99. I will also say they are not as loud as I thought which is fine they still sound better than stock by far
Old 10-21-2009, 08:50 PM
jsims002
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by The Saint
This has probably been done a million times, but I'm very close to getting this exhaust for my car (C6 w/manual trans) and I'd welcome opinions. Do you have this exhaust? Did you consider it before going with something else? Why? Etc, etc.

I've heard that it's pretty loud and aggressive, which is fine with me. Still, I'd like to be able to hear the music, have conversations, etc with the targa top removed.

Thanks in advance.
Did you ask about B&B Bullets?........

Just checking
Old 10-21-2009, 09:09 PM
Ed 718
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Best deal is finding someone local with the setup and taking a ride in the car so you don't spend money and then have a change of mind.
Old 10-21-2009, 09:26 PM
Stingray23
Le Mans Master

Received 599 Likes on 220 Posts

I had them on my 06 coupe and loved them. Heres a clip of my car with the bullets.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y96LdXJFxGw
Old 10-21-2009, 09:29 PM
KevinZ51C6
Pro

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

I have them and love them. Not sure my neighbors love them as much as I do PM me for where to get the best price on them
Old 10-21-2009, 09:46 PM
hymnatr
Instructor

I have them and love them. Has a nice muscle car sound vs the corsa and borla being a little higher pitch. I also put long tube headers on and gave it a more aggressive sound.
Old 10-21-2009, 09:50 PM
superdutymike27
Pro

I got and love them!!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HoXN-QbJ77Q
Old 10-21-2009, 09:57 PM
goatts
Safety Car

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

The problem is with the drone. It will drive you nuts after a while. One guy tried to warn me but I didn't listen. There have been guys on the forum who have put on Bullets, driven a few miles and taken them off.

Get notified of new replies

To B&B Bullets

Old 10-21-2009, 10:23 PM
DickM
Advanced

Default My Neighbor

The last C6 I owned (before I traded it on another coupe) had the BB's on it. A couple of days after I traded, my next door neighbor came over to see my new car- he KNEW I had traded because I wasn't waking him up in the morning when I pulled out of the garage
Old 10-21-2009, 10:57 PM
SharkDiverZ06
Melting Slicks

Received 3,687 Likes on 1,383 Posts

Originally Posted by goatts
The problem is with the drone. It will drive you nuts after a while. One guy tried to warn me but I didn't listen. There have been guys on the forum who have put on Bullets, driven a few miles and taken them off.
You probably have a slushbox. Drone MUCH less noticeable w/stick. You girls w/autos just need to pull your dresses up over your ears if you can't handle it.
Old 10-21-2009, 11:16 PM
noredlights
Advanced

I have the bullets on mine (manual coupe)...I think they sound and look great. Listening to music will (usually) drown them out. However, they are loud, and the drone on long trips can get annoying, particularly if you're having a conversation with someone. The search function will give you several threads on "which exhaust is better" or "I want cool sound outside but not inside," etc.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: B&B Bullets