C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Tree-limb Shredder + C6 = NO GOOD!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-2009, 09:35 AM
LFZ
Team Owner

Received 310 Likes on 227 Posts

That's messed up. I would have gone medieval on some asses.
Old 11-06-2009, 09:42 AM
sxeC7
Le Mans Master

Received 50 Likes on 30 Posts
St. Jude Donor '06-'07-'09-'10

Originally Posted by Swiftrider08
Looks like the car is sitting in a parking lot, which in my mind makes it all YOUR fault. If you are just going to leave it sit outside like that, then expect many more things to happen. Take responsibility for your own actions and don't be blaming everyone else for your misfortune, which seems to be the norm these days.

I do agree that it is bad this happened, but just don't see that you should be blaming others. And yes, to some, it is just another car.

What's the big deal? Wash it off and move on and stop being so put upon, you left the car outside to be exposed to the elements. You're lucky it wasn't paint or gravel. I bet a Judge Judy wouldn't be too sympathetic to your case.
Old 11-06-2009, 09:42 AM
Eppieguy
Melting Slicks

Received 49 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by Swiftrider08
Looks like the car is sitting in a parking lot, which in my mind makes it all YOUR fault. If you are just going to leave it sit outside like that, then expect many more things to happen. Take responsibility for your own actions and don't be blaming everyone else for your misfortune, which seems to be the norm these days.

I do agree that it is bad this happened, but just don't see that you should be blaming others. And yes, to some, it is just another car.
I agree but I disagree at the same time. It is sitting out yes but it is the OP's property and it should be respected by others as such. Would you be happy if somebody did something to your front yard or your home and they said it's your fault becaue it was outside and not protected? Whatever it is, doesn't matter, as long as it is somebody else's property it should be respected no matter what it is.
Old 11-06-2009, 10:04 AM
vettedoogie
Le Mans Master

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

Your kidding, right? You leave your car outside and you expect these guys to pay you $80.00 to wash, wax, and no doubt completely detail your car? Why not sue them for mental distress for targeting you on purpose!

The fact that you value it enough to leave it outside uncovered ALL DAY LONG would be my argument that this is no big deal if I was the tree trimming company. You could have had bird crap on your car all day long that would have done far more damage. What do you do when the neighbor's leaves land in your yard or on your car? When someone's dog comes along and whizzes in your yard or on your tires? IT IS A CAR!

You're blowing this way out of proportion. There are just too many whiners in the world anymore..."oh, my detailer is the only one I trust with it." C'mon man, wash your car, and be done with it.
Old 11-06-2009, 10:12 AM
Insidious1
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Eppieguy
I agree but I disagree at the same time. It is sitting out yes but it is the OP's property and it should be respected by others as such. Would you be happy if somebody did something to your front yard or your home and they said it's your fault becaue it was outside and not protected? Whatever it is, doesn't matter, as long as it is somebody else's property it should be respected no matter what it is.
to clarify... I do live in a condo development. I have two spaces, one covered and one not. The vette is my weekend driver so it sits covered with the BESt Covercraft Car cover on the market; underneath the covered spot! LOL... Yesterday morning, I decided to take the vette to show my buddy at the office... I took the cover off and moved it to my uncovered spot bc they were working on cement near the other spot (I swear it's been like dodging bullets in my parkin lot tryin to keep my car clean!!!)... So I moved the car to my other spot for an hour as I ran errands.... Then come home to that!

Also, there was dozens of open spaces from where peoe had left for work, yet they parked the truck directly in front of my car! LOL... Their lack of concern, and ignorance doesn't substantiate carelessness on MY behalf (IMHO).... LOL and the van next to me in the photo is my neigbors who lives in Chicago... It doesn't move...

LOL... Wheeeew!!!! Hope that helps clarify... Anyways... It was just suppose to be "OMG look at this" post, not a flame session

and I have to agree with many of you that it's beat to just assume that most people aren't concerned with others' property! I'm sure this will all workout... I've looked over the paint today and all seems fine... I have the pics just in case I find something (damage) I missed...
Old 11-06-2009, 10:13 AM
One Bad Vette
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

How is it his fault that some ignorant day labors blew tree trimmings all over his car? Some people arent fortunate enough to leave there car in the garage 24/7 (I am). It is not his fault they were ignorant and showed disregard for his personal property. Corvette or Kia, that is unacceptable. Some of you are rating right up there for "blaming" this man for someone elses doing. I could understand if it was just dust that blew on it, but cmon, that is trash from there machine...
Old 11-06-2009, 10:20 AM
RLSebring
Supporting Vendor
Support Corvetteforum!

Location: Pensacola Florida GO GATORS!!! www.rlsebring.com www.c6c7vette.com
Received 174 Likes on 92 Posts
St. Jude Donor '17

I dunno, Had a friend once that got pizzed because as we were traveling down a major 4 lane a business owner was blowing off his parking lot and my friend thought he blew so dirt on his car.

My friend turned around and confronted the guy. My friend was all up in his face screaming and hollering about the damage to his car and the next thing I know is my friend is flat out on the asphalt The guy had decked him.

This was long before this would be considered assault. All I could think about was my friend finally meet someone that was not going to put up with his bullsh!#.

I never heard anything out of it and I had washed my hands of that friendship pretty much at the same time. Always too much drama.

To the OP Hope it works out for ya whatever it is.
Old 11-06-2009, 10:25 AM
Insidious1
Advanced

Originally Posted by vettedoogie
Your kidding, right? You leave your car outside and you expect these guys to pay you $80.00 to wash, wax, and no doubt completely detail your car? Why not sue them for mental distress for targeting you on purpose!

The fact that you value it enough to leave it outside uncovered ALL DAY LONG would be my argument that this is no big deal if I was the tree trimming company. You could have had bird crap on your car all day long that would have done far more damage. What do you do when the neighbor's leaves land in your yard or on your car? When someone's dog comes along and whizzes in your yard or on your tires? IT IS A CAR!

You're blowing this way out of proportion. There are just too many whiners in the world anymore..."oh, my detailer is the only one I trust with it." C'mon man, wash your car, and be done with it.

Jeeez... LOL I was merely posting to show what had happened as I'm sure many can relate to people being careless around your car. Unfortunately, I don't have a garage to keep it in... Had this happened to ur vette, I'm sure u likely would have said/done something. Whining isn't what I'd call it... I was just posting in hindsight, and asked if anyone had any funny/disturbing stories about their own similar situation!

I didn't leave my car outside uncovered "all day"... And with all due respect, if I did, in my parking spot... It doesn't take a rocket scientist to see what was happened as they continued to shred limbs all over my car! LOL...

So let's all calm down and stop flaming the OP (me!) lOL... It was merely a post that I thought many could relate to...
Old 11-06-2009, 10:26 AM
One Bad Vette
Burning Brakes

Dirt blown on the car and sap and tree shi! are two different things. dirt can be washed or blown off with ease. That crap in his pics is caked and total bu!!shi in my eyes.
Old 11-06-2009, 10:49 AM
John_Syb
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Im just going to leave mine in the garage from now on... the outside world is too dangerous a place!!!
Old 11-06-2009, 10:50 AM
vettedoogie
Le Mans Master

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Insidious1
Jeeez... LOL I was merely posting to show what had happened as I'm sure many can relate to people being careless around your car. Unfortunately, I don't have a garage to keep it in... Had this happened to ur vette, I'm sure u likely would have said/done something. Whining isn't what I'd call it... I was just posting in hindsight, and asked if anyone had any funny/disturbing stories about their own similar situation!

I didn't leave my car outside uncovered "all day"... And with all due respect, if I did, in my parking spot... It doesn't take a rocket scientist to see what was happened as they continued to shred limbs all over my car! LOL...

So let's all calm down and stop flaming the OP (me!) lOL... It was merely a post that I thought many could relate to...
I'm calm and not really flaming...you'd know if I was really flaming.

My Vette isn't uncovered outside my house for more than an hour as there are just too many birds around. But even so, sh*t happens and when it does, I wash my car. I don't shoot the birds.

Would I have complained to the trimming guys? You bet! But asking them to fork over $80.00 to get your car detailed is whining in my book when all you need to do is wash your car.

I don't know who hired them but if it is the manager of your complex (or whatever) I would talk with them about please calling you ahead of time in the future when work like this is going to be done.

I'm guessing that as a result of this, your G/F learned to call you earlier if she sees a situation like this happening again.
Old 11-06-2009, 11:14 AM
RLSebring
Supporting Vendor
Support Corvetteforum!

Location: Pensacola Florida GO GATORS!!! www.rlsebring.com www.c6c7vette.com
Received 174 Likes on 92 Posts
St. Jude Donor '17

Originally Posted by One Bad Vette
Dirt blown on the car and sap and tree shi! are two different things. dirt can be washed or blown off with ease. That crap in his pics is caked and total bu!!shi in my eyes.

Really??? Dirt blown at 100+ mph from a blower. Sand blasted finish. My point is there are ways to handle it better rather than tough azz ways so many like to report or suggest.

Not that the OP was being bad just talking with the workers are a dead end because deep down, well even on the surface, They don't give a crap.

Simple call to owner of the company in a reasonable tone usually will work. Depending on the damage and attitude will dictate the next step and whether it's worth pursuing.

My friend was doing this all the time to the point of being embarrassed to be around him whether in a car situation or raising a stink in a business because something didn't meet his expectation and usually wanting a bargain price. Sounds like a recurring theme here with some.

Sorry OP for getting off track and again good luck with what ever turns out.
Old 11-06-2009, 11:26 AM
DJ-LO
Burning Brakes

Man, some of you guys are priceless!! Just because you park outside doesn't give everyone a right to do whatever they want and expect you to just say okay!! People flicking cigs out of there car on mine while driving, lawnmowers blowing crap all over the car when they can adjust or even blow the mulch/grass the other way, and tree trimmings?!! Whatever happened to respecting other peoples property? Why not practice due diligence and try to inform folks that you're going to make a mess and they need to move/cover their vehicle? Dang, is everything outside open game? It IS just a car and I wouldn't them doing the same to my truck NOR would I do the same to theirs. The tree trimming is NOT considered normal wear & tear on the paint job and they should be a little more considerate when doing the work around ANYBODYS property!!
Old 11-06-2009, 11:38 AM
Altc
Racer

Originally Posted by DJ-LO
Man, some of you guys are priceless!! Just because you park outside doesn't give everyone a right to do whatever they want and expect you to just say okay!! People flicking cigs out of there car on mine while driving, lawnmowers blowing crap all over the car when they can adjust or even blow the mulch/grass the other way, and tree trimmings?!! Whatever happened to respecting other peoples property? Why not practice due diligence and try to inform folks that you're going to make a mess and they need to move/cover their vehicle? Dang, is everything outside open game? It IS just a car and I wouldn't them doing the same to my truck NOR would I do the same to theirs. The tree trimming is NOT considered normal wear & tear on the paint job and they should be a little more considerate when doing the work around ANYBODYS property!!

If all his critics ever used this type of equipment as I they would understand. The stuff flies out of the Chute at a great speed thus the need for saftey glasses. Secondly the chips vary in size and can hurt the paint. Let them say what they want you are right.
Old 11-06-2009, 11:48 AM
gilly6993
Safety Car

St. Jude Donor '08

sounds as though they paid to have it detailed so looks as though its settled....and to the person that said the car should be repainted, you were joking, right?
Old 11-06-2009, 12:34 PM
Altc
Racer

Originally Posted by gilly6993
sounds as though they paid to have it detailed so looks as though its settled....and to the person that said the car should be repainted, you were joking, right?

To clarify what I said if the paint was not marred pocked or scratched the detailing was fine. As I put my self through college using these machines I can tell you the following. #1 they can be aimed without to much problem to not throw crap around.#2 The stuff that flies out varies in size and speed and stung the heck out of me if I was not careful. My opinion is that they could have avoided doing this to his Corvette. They figured thy would be long gone and got a big laugh at his expense.
Old 11-06-2009, 12:46 PM
STEVE MC
Safety Car

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

To the OP, sorry to hear you don't have a garage for your Vette.
What they did was wrong. They have no respect for other people's property. They could have easily moved to another location where there were no vehicles to get hit by debris.

Get notified of new replies

To Tree-limb Shredder + C6 = NO GOOD!!!!

Old 11-06-2009, 12:52 PM
calemasters
Le Mans Master

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

The cost of a clean up: $80
The cost of a garage: Priceless
Old 11-06-2009, 12:56 PM
dezl
Heel & Toe

you are way more calm that I am.....glad it got taken care of.
Old 11-06-2009, 03:16 PM
kdrew
Instructor

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

I'm with the OP here. I don't think you are out of line asking for it to be cleaned. They trashed it while it was parked in YOUR spot at YOUR home. They should clean it.

I find it hard to believe that any of us who spend our hard earned money and time on our car would be happy to come home and find crap blown all over our car. Maybe I'm wrong.

Quick Reply: Tree-limb Shredder + C6 = NO GOOD!!!!