C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Good paint shop in Jacksonville, FL??

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2010, 02:23 PM
DrivnXcitment
Drifting

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Default Good paint shop in Jacksonville, FL??

Well it finally happened, even parking far from everyone else someone finally hit the vette!! Luckily she only scaped paint and didn't do any real body damage and I found her so she'll pay for the repaint.

Does anyone know any good, reputable, paint shops in Jacksonville, FL? My vette is LeMans Blue. Price really isn't too much of an object becuase the girl that hit the vette is paying.

Any input is greatly appreciated

Here's another question to go along with the original. Would you rather have someone wetsand and buff your paint to get a scratch out, or someone repaint part of the car to get a scratch out? I'm trying to figure out which is the better option. Thanks!

Last edited by DrivnXcitment; 01-18-2010 at 08:47 AM.
Old 01-11-2010, 04:27 PM
ZEEEE06
Safety Car

Location: PERCUSSIVE MAINTENANCE: The art of whacking the crap out of an electronic device to get it to work.
Received 741 Likes on 292 Posts

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/sout...nt-shop-s.html
Old 01-12-2010, 12:12 PM
DrivnXcitment
Drifting

Thanks for the reply. Are there any others in the Jacksonville, FL area that do good paint work? The only one in that link has a crazy long waiting list! He does do awesome work though.
Old 01-14-2010, 02:45 PM
DrivnXcitment
Drifting

A bump because I really need the help!
Old 01-14-2010, 03:01 PM
ZEEEE06
Safety Car

Location: PERCUSSIVE MAINTENANCE: The art of whacking the crap out of an electronic device to get it to work.

OK. Try Joe Nettles who owns Pearl Collission on Blanding. He owns several classic Corvettes. He did all the paint and body work on his 58 Vette and it received a NCRS Top Flite award last year.
Old 01-14-2010, 03:18 PM
mfquinn
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

A while back I went coon hunting and my vette lost. The dealer in CT did a bad job. I took it to the Gm dealer in Orange Park (Geico location also) When I moved to Jax and they did a good job of fixing the POS job that other dealer did. I take it to their sister dealership chevy dealer at the Avenues for other service
Old 01-15-2010, 11:50 AM
DrivnXcitment
Drifting

Great! Thanks so much for all the replies! I'll give it a shot.
Old 01-15-2010, 01:47 PM
ZEEEE06
Safety Car

Here's another good shop. Danny's Custom Creations, 928-2022. He's done several Corvette paint jobs for friends of mine.
Old 01-15-2010, 03:09 PM
Quasar21
Burning Brakes

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by mfquinn
A while back I went coon hunting and my vette lost. The dealer in CT did a bad job. I took it to the Gm dealer in Orange Park (Geico location also) When I moved to Jax and they did a good job of fixing the POS job that other dealer did. I take it to their sister dealership chevy dealer at the Avenues for other service
Not to hijack the thread, but I have a question about that Avenues service dept. Have they ever acted like they cared if you were there or not? When I've been there they do a great job of ignoring me. Never had one meet me in the service lane and when I go inside, I have to interrupt them from their BS sessions with each other to get any service at all.
Old 01-18-2010, 08:47 AM
DrivnXcitment
Drifting

Here's another question to go along with the original. Would you rather have someone wetsand and buff your paint to get a scratch out, or someone repaint part of the car to get a scratch out? I'm trying to figure out which is the better option. Thanks!
Old 01-18-2010, 09:08 AM
Gannet
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
St. Jude Donor '06

Originally Posted by DrivnXcitment
Wet sand and buff. If it doesn't work, you can always paint. But once painted, that's it, you no longer have original paint.
Old 01-18-2010, 09:18 AM
DrivnXcitment
Drifting

Originally Posted by Gannet
Wet sand and buff. If it doesn't work, you can always paint. But once painted, that's it, you no longer have original paint.
Great! Thanks for the quick reply. I really appreciate it.

Get notified of new replies

To Good paint shop in Jacksonville, FL??

Quick Reply: Good paint shop in Jacksonville, FL??