C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Factory blem 3-1/2 LT Grand Sport

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2010, 09:44 AM
C-1 Generation 2
Melting Slicks

Received 61 Likes on 53 Posts

I think I'd just keep it that way.

A great conversation piece!
Old 03-01-2010, 09:50 AM
kon_gee
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by garytucker
Problem is that the OP took the car with all the plastic still intact...this is one of the risks involved with not doing a full PDI which would have included removing the plastic to inspect. Either the tech didn't do his job or it was requested to leave all the plastic on.

I'm not slamming the OP at all...and I'm sorry they are experiencing a misbuild...
I did request that Kerbeck leave the plastic on. I was told they do it anyway for cars being shipped out of state to help eliminate scuffs or damage during shipping. Kerbeck is standing behind this 100% and I don't want to them. Think about it. 2-3-4 people at Kerbeck saw this car compared to 50-100? at the factory including the quality check at the end of the trim line.
Old 03-01-2010, 09:57 AM
RadarP3C
Race Director

Received 28 Likes on 19 Posts

Wow, hate to tell you, but you're probably the cause of this. Your car is just having a bad reaction because of you subjecting it to the snow.

Congrats on your new car.

Old 03-01-2010, 10:17 AM
AORoads
Team Owner

Received 2,481 Likes on 1,944 Posts
St. Jude Donor '15
"In honor of jpee"

Very true, it's hard to slam kerbeck since they were just doing their job. I'd still go for the 4LT seats tho. That'd be a nice way to compensate you for your mental anguish.
Old 03-01-2010, 10:20 AM
BSE1956
Melting Slicks

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by bimmerborn
Well dealer will fix it for you. But which one you like better? Choose the one you like and order that design.

Or maybe you should ask dealer to order both passanger and driver side seats, so the leather come from one batch. You do not want to get a new seat with different leather texture, or if the leather color does not exactly match the other seat. At that point dealer might claim the old seat has slightly been used and that causes the color difference. Do not give them excuses.

The last thing don't let dealer get the seat cover only and let a junior tech who has not done this before install it for you. You want 2 complete seats, ready assembled with all components inside (heated, airbag, embroidery, pwr lumbar, pwr bolster, weight sensor, and perforated with color of your choice) to be delivered to dealer, you inspect, then leave the car for 1 hour to exchange seats while you wait.
Old 03-01-2010, 10:44 AM
Altc
Racer

Originally Posted by BSE1956

Easy fix by the dealer while you wait in most cases. I believe you can do this yourself. My 2008 had the armrest broken I was allowed to pick up the replacement install it myself.All I had to do was return the broken one back to the dealer. Maybe you can do this with a little help from your salesman.
Old 03-01-2010, 11:20 AM
kon_gee
Racer

Originally Posted by Altc
Easy fix by the dealer while you wait in most cases. I believe you can do this yourself. My 2008 had the armrest broken I was allowed to pick up the replacement install it myself.All I had to do was return the broken one back to the dealer. Maybe you can do this with a little help from your salesman.
I intend to this fix myself because I am 7 hours from Kerbeck and I don't trust the local dealers to handle this. Also I plan on keeping the incorrect 4LT seat skin just because it makes our GS one of a kind. GM might not allow me to keep it when they replace it. We will see how they handle it when we cross that bridge.
Old 03-01-2010, 11:48 AM
Bill Suttie
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Open the hood, it might have a V6
Old 03-01-2010, 12:05 PM
kon_gee
Racer

Originally Posted by Bill Suttie
Open the hood, it might have a V6
Nope it's an LS9!
Old 03-01-2010, 12:09 PM
cclive
Team Owner

Received 435 Likes on 372 Posts

Originally Posted by kon_gee
Nope it's an LS9!
OOPS.....well, to be fair, they will have to change that also....
Old 03-01-2010, 01:02 PM
DSOM Z06
Le Mans Master

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I would just yell at "Pinky", um I mean Harry!

Old 03-01-2010, 04:03 PM
lh4x4
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I suspect that the shut downs and start ups have taken their toll. Everyone gets out of sync.
Old 03-01-2010, 04:09 PM
WFO
Drifting

Better yet...make them replace with Recaros....like in the CTS V.
Old 03-01-2010, 05:23 PM
garytucker
Racer

Originally Posted by LS3 MN6
Mistakes happen, especially when there is all of a sudden TWO cashmere type two-tone seats now (4LT & 2LT/3LT).

Unless you've been specifically told that you now have to look at the final lower seat cushion color you are not going to pay attention to it, even if you are going thru a checklist. It's something easily overlookable by a person who is performing a job function they are familiar with.

They have done studies and once we learn a job the required brain power is lower, meaning our brain gets lazy.

This is why mid-model year changes cause problems, for the suppliers, the plant, and the dealers.
You hit the nail on the head...laziness. There is no excuse for it. A tech should have at least pulled up the plastic to look at the seats to verify they were not damaged. (I'm sure Kerbeck has other plastic covers that could be slipped over if they couldn't put the factory ones back on). I'm sure Kerbeck will stand behind their sale (never said they wouldn't)...but what if it were a tear on the seat and some other dealer....the OP might be forced to deal with a shipping company in addition to the dealer. That would be real fun. My whole reason for posting was to point out that things like this do happen...especially at dealerships that allow their techs to get lazy on PDI's. As far as 4-5 people at Kerbeck vs. hundreds at the plant...Let's be honest...many line workers aren't going to go out of their way to fix a problem...so we have to rely on the tech at the dealer to find these things.

Just because we allow someone to become lazy doesn't mean its ok.
Old 03-01-2010, 06:34 PM
Old Yellow
Pro

Received 61 Likes on 35 Posts

My favorite though was the car that had been struck by lightning in shipping...totally fried all the electronics. We finally found the "burn mark" after sitting around wondering why a car needed every computer replaced coming off a truck!
How did the driver get it off the transporter if every computer was fried during shipping?

It sounds more likely that you f****d it up, then blamed it on the truck driver.

Don't get your shorts in a bunch. I just couldn't resist.

All in fun.

Ed

Retired truck driver
Old 03-01-2010, 06:41 PM
Old Yellow
Pro

Received 61 Likes on 35 Posts

Just because we allow someone to become lazy doesn't mean its ok.
Do you proof read what you write? Do you realize how arrogant you sound?

I would like to be around the next time you make a mistake.

Ed
Old 03-02-2010, 08:34 AM
kon_gee
Racer

Originally Posted by LS3 MN6
I wouldn't say I said laziness. I would say that I said carelessness and that is something we all do at times. For example you are likely to be in an accident on a familiar road because your brain goes into autopilot.
Personally I stand behind Kerbeck because until you know this is messed up it is really...really hard to see. When I took the picture of the my interior with the seat covers still on it I hadn't discovered the problem yet. I also took about 10 other photos of the interior before removing the wraps. The wraps were kind of half on and half off the seat bottoms so they had been pulled back. There is no damage to the seats so the power of suggestion says they are OK and keep in mind this is a very...very rare thing if not the first time it has happened where the mistake made it all the way to the customer. Also if I am inspecting the seats for damage I would likely look at one side at a time unless I am carelessly just giving it a glance.
As I took the first photos I wouldn't say I was lazy, careless or on autopilot. I was excited and attentive as I checked out my car and it slipped by me. Then after I discovered the problem I took the photo with the covers off to really show the difference.
To test my earlier theory I have shown two photos posted here (1 with covers 1 without) to 3 people with no idea there was a problem and all 3 of them struck out too! Once I told them what was wrong they all said wow I didn't even see that!

Gary

Quick Reply: Factory blem 3-1/2 LT Grand Sport