C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Gas / Accelerator Pedal Adjustment ~ Help Please

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2010, 04:01 AM
DropTopGal
Good Gals Drive It Hard
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 18 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Gas / Accelerator Pedal Adjustment ~ Help Please

Hi guys...
I have a question and look to your knowledge for guidance. The gas / accelerator pedal on my new 2010 GS seems to be at an odd angle. It is to upright or perpendicular from the floor.

Is there any way to adjust the angle of the gas / accelerator pedal?

Thank you!
Old 03-21-2010, 12:44 PM
Kenny94945
Le Mans Master

Received 445 Likes on 382 Posts

The pedal is spring loaded, with a pin that connects to a rigid linkage going to a mount on the firewall (at least on a 2005 C6).
When one applies throttle, the pedal moves from it vertical position, very easily, to different non vertical position (use your hand and press the pedal and observe).

So, I am not sure of your question, unless the vertical is visually unappealing when looking into the vehicle. The pedal should adapt to your foot position while driving and not cause discomfort. Again, I am unsure of the issue.

If you wanted to "preload" the pedal at static position perhaps some type of block can be wedged in (attached) behind the bottom half of the pedal.

Or you could fabricate a chesse wedge shaped pedal (instead of the OEM flat/ thin pedal).

I would not recommend heating and bending the linkage; it is very sturdy. Nor would I recommend altering the firewall mount.

Last edited by Kenny94945; 03-21-2010 at 12:47 PM.
Old 03-21-2010, 01:16 PM
Dif
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 716 Likes on 436 Posts

Originally Posted by Kenny94945
The pedal is spring loaded, with a pin that connects to a rigid linkage going to a mount on the firewall (at least on a 2005 C6).
When one applies throttle, the pedal moves from it vertical position, very easily, to different non vertical position (use your hand and press the pedal and observe).
and my question to DropTopGal would be .. " is the pedal stuck in the vertical position as you step on it " ?

Get notified of new replies

To Gas / Accelerator Pedal Adjustment ~ Help Please

Quick Reply: Gas / Accelerator Pedal Adjustment ~ Help Please