C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

WTF! C6 in Evansville, IN

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2010, 11:40 AM
slacker1201
Lifetime NCM Member #2497
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 45 Likes on 40 Posts
Cruise-In 9-10-11-12 Veteran

Originally Posted by tcphoto
I've heard he graduated with honors from the Fort Wayne Art Institute, which would make sence. But being a resident and gentleman of Southern Indiana myself, I would never make a derogatory statement about a large number of my fellow Hoosiers, because that would show my lack of class and taste which would put me on the same level of the corvette artist.
My bad, I take back my statement.
Old 04-05-2010, 11:39 AM
mbowers13
Drifting

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts

Every barrel has it's bad apples doesn't it.
Old 04-05-2010, 11:46 AM
1988Bullitt
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Someone claiming to be the owner has contacted me on the forums and asked that I stop taking pictures of his car. Even though I only took a few pictures I will be honoring his request since I started the thread. It looks like the rest of the car world has it handled anyway as there are supercharger pics on Jalopnik already.

http://jalopnik.com/5509630/worlds-w...yline=true&s=i
Old 04-05-2010, 12:47 PM
SIXTY7SS
Intermediate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by 1988Bullitt
Someone claiming to be the owner has contacted me on the forums and asked that I stop taking pictures of his car. Even though I only took a few pictures I will be honoring his request since I started the thread. It looks like the rest of the car world has it handled anyway as there are supercharger pics on Jalopnik already.

There sure are!! i think he lost control of the posted pics! Uh Oh...

lets hope he chimes in someday
Old 04-05-2010, 04:37 PM
LT1 Z51
Corvette Enthusiast
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 922 Likes on 614 Posts

Seriously?

It's a free country, if he doesn't want people to make fun of it maybe he shouldn't bring it out in public.

You do something like this and you don't expect the world to make fun of you? That's a sign of an even BIGGER problem.
Old 04-05-2010, 07:10 PM
cylon
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by MAJ Z06
OMG! Is someone filming a b sci-fi movie up there?
I just threw up in my mouth
Old 04-05-2010, 07:30 PM
LTC Z06
Get Some!

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 60 Likes on 42 Posts

Originally Posted by cylon
I just threw up in my mouth
Old 04-05-2010, 09:17 PM
1988Bullitt
Instructor

I PM’ed back and forth with the owner, he actually seems like an ok guy and there are other plans for the car. He did state some of this stuff is just a joke and he will post pictures once he is finished. Maybe we need to hold back on some of the comments until we get “the rest of the story”
Old 04-05-2010, 09:31 PM
jpuli28
Melting Slicks

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I PM’ed back and forth with the owner, he actually seems like an ok guy and there are other plans for the car. He did state some of this stuff is just a joke and he will post pictures once he is finished. Maybe we need to hold back on some of the comments until we get “the rest of the story”
Seriously?? Who here thinks this "joke" is funny? Im at a loss...
Old 04-05-2010, 11:22 PM
m48xhp
Melting Slicks

Received 211 Likes on 80 Posts

no. sorry.
Old 04-06-2010, 07:28 AM
1988Bullitt
Instructor

Originally Posted by m48xhp
no. sorry.
Old 04-06-2010, 10:03 AM
haljensen
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 21 Likes on 21 Posts

"What can I do to stir up the Corvette community and get some exposure?"

I'll buy a bunch of cheap stick on chrome trim, a lot of vinyl tape and some poster paint and get drunk and modify my car. Yeh, that ought to do it.
Old 04-06-2010, 11:54 AM
DarkFox1
Melting Slicks

a joke?

so.. what's the penalty for defacing a national icon? cos.. that's what I'm seeing here.. and I'm not laughing.
Old 04-06-2010, 12:54 PM
laconiajack
Safety Car

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The guy is starved for attention, and everyone here paid him attention, so he was totally successful!
Old 04-12-2010, 01:42 PM
Harlequin
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I figured it out:

He wants to race for pink slips!

Here's my thinking:
1. By the time he's done, only a corvette owner will be able to tell (barely) that the car under all that is actually a corvette, and thus fast. So most people with similarly tricked out nissans will inadvertently end up biting off more than they can chew, and lose their title.
2. He's super-charged it.
3. He asked OP to stop taking photos because he doesn't want pics circulating, else the car will be recognized by street racers, when his plan revolved around them remaining in the dark until it's too late
4. If he loses a race, the winner won't want the pink slip.

Credit where credit is due, he's a genius. :-)

(Actually, I hope that all this is not madness, but some kind of cocoon to disguise a bunch of mods-in-progress and eventually... he'll tear it all off and something wonderful will emerge)
Old 04-12-2010, 01:52 PM
DarkFox1
Melting Slicks

wants the op to stop taking pics?

Ya know.. I could put on a clown suit and walk down peachtree with a sign that says "vote or nematoads 2142" and play loud techno music from my iphone through it's built-in speaker.. but it'd be ABSURD of me to expect to do this and be upset about someone taking pictures if they saw it.
Old 04-12-2010, 05:16 PM
Restroom
Instructor

Oh, man, this is getting good. All the elements are coming together, and at this point it no longer matters if the car even exists. In fact, this was never about cars, or art, at least in a formal sense.

This is about people and people in groups and judgement and all the other tired old topics that crawled out from beneath structuralism's porch when they tore it down. Now the problem is being relevant, manufacturing relevance, "going viral" instead of having fifty thousand cheap flyswatters printed up with your name and number on them. The trouble is that no one really knows what to do with this weird collaborative ethos that social networking and whatever we call the new modes of connectedness we're doing now. People are feeling out the terrain, testing the waters, making the first step towards getting past this 'turn' (to crib Rorty) and onto the next. Not that we should watch ourselves or ever act as though we're being studied, but in a way we are. A long time ago this was our future, etc etc. If I dredge up some general faith in humanity I'm going to hope the owner is doing this merely out of some very private, personal obsession, and honestly isn't concerned with our opinion (but at the same time is ever so slightly concerned by all the attention); he's just working out something with materiality or he's desacralizing a prized possession so he can enjoy things on a more practical level or something of that nature. I don't know, silly as it seems, some people need rituals (and almost everyone needs magic) and some -very few, precious few- actually still practise the lost art of doing things for no reason.

Get notified of new replies

To WTF! C6 in Evansville, IN

Old 04-12-2010, 05:44 PM
tolnep
Pro

Received 31 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by DarkFox1
wants the op to stop taking pics?

Ya know.. I could put on a clown suit and walk down peachtree with a sign that says "vote or nematoads 2142" and play loud techno music from my iphone through it's built-in speaker.. but it'd be ABSURD of me to expect to do this and be upset about someone taking pictures if they saw it.
did you mean 'vote FOR nematoads 2142' or is 'nematoads 2142' an alternative to 'voting'?

and if you meant 'FOR', what is nematoads 2142 running for and can or should i vote for him (or is it an it?). and if nematoads 2142 is an action i can take, how do i do it and is it dangerous..

and can you nematoad 2142 a vette? and if you did would you have to dress up in a clown suit?

these are all serious questions that will determine the future coarse (and i didnt mean course) of the kosmos ..

personally i think the dragon person should have painted the car up like a hippy bus and instead of dragon on the front put 'further, but not far enough' in bold letters on the front...

and this sorta reminds me of the dude that lives on an island in mexico city and has several million dolls hanging from the trees in his yard..

we now return you to the previously scheduled program
Old 04-12-2010, 11:32 PM
SYSADM
Instructor

OK, I'll cross post this only because there are pics of the subject vehicle (I use the term vehicle only because I don't think it can be called a Corvette any longer).

http://www.moderncamaro.com/forum/sh...ad.php?t=22309
Old 04-13-2010, 05:45 PM
luvvettes7
Racer

that car just looks rubbish! the guy has ruined it.

Quick Reply: WTF! C6 in Evansville, IN