C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Sprint Booster is impressive!

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2010, 11:36 PM
chevybob
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Sprint Booster is impressive!

I have gotten allot of great information off this forum and I would like to pass on my new mod install experience. Five minutes to plug in the Sprint Booster and WOW I was all smiles. The car response is much quicker. I have a LS3 A6 with a CoW engine and trans tune so this mod was a nice surprise. The petal is very sensitive and rear wheels spin easy. The $300 plus price is a corvette tax issue, but the car is sure fun to drive!
Old 04-09-2010, 11:47 PM
EDinPA
Le Mans Master

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by chevybob
I have gotten allot of great information off this forum and I would like to pass on my new mod install experience. Five minutes to plug in the Sprint Booster and WOW I was all smiles. The car response is much quicker. I have a LS3 A6 with a CoW engine and trans tune so this mod was a nice surprise. The petal is very sensitive and rear wheels spin easy. The $300 plus price is a corvette tax issue, but the car is sure fun to drive!
So are you saying your car is now less drivable and harder to control?
Old 04-09-2010, 11:55 PM
filmjay
Melting Slicks

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
St. Jude Donor '10

I'm glad to hear of positive results with the Sprint Booster. I'd love one, but after pricing components from electronics distributors to manufacture my own exhaust switches, I know about what they cost and there's no chance in hell I'd pay more than $100 at most. And that's factoring in parts and build cost, plus the design premium for them to make a bit of a profit.

$300 is highway robbery.

Sorry to go off on a tangent there...just the whole "Corvette Tax" thing is f'n ridiculous and pisses me off.

I'm REALLY glad to hear of your positive results with it though.
Old 04-10-2010, 12:02 AM
achilds
Melting Slicks

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by filmjay
I'm glad to hear of positive results with the Sprint Booster. I'd love one, but after pricing components from electronics distributors to manufacture my own exhaust switches, I know about what they cost and there's no chance in hell I'd pay more than $100 at most. And that's factoring in parts and build cost, plus the design premium for them to make a bit of a profit.

$300 is highway robbery.

Sorry to go off on a tangent there...just the whole "Corvette Tax" thing is f'n ridiculous and pisses me off.

I'm REALLY glad to hear of your positive results with it though.
Wait a while and one of two things will happen. Chuck COW will figure out how to tune the throttle response delay for us. The cost of the sprint booster will come down to something reasonable. I agree 100% with about it being overpriced. I designed a remote switch for my NPP cost a whopping 10 bucks for the parts and about an hour of my time to install and wire.
Old 04-10-2010, 12:15 AM
filmjay
Melting Slicks

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
St. Jude Donor '10

Originally Posted by achilds
Wait a while and one of two things will happen. Chuck COW will figure out how to tune the throttle response delay for us. The cost of the sprint booster will come down to something reasonable. I agree 100% with about it being overpriced. I designed a remote switch for my NPP cost a whopping 10 bucks for the parts and about an hour of my time to install and wire.
Hopefully, you're right.
I did the same as you with my NPP switch. I was going to have a bunch of cheap wired ones manufactured and just practically give them away to try and kill some of the so called "Corvette Tax".
But factoring in the various forum vendor fees, packaging, and shipping the cheapest I could sell them for would be about $60/each.

I still have that dream, but it'll be a bit before I'm able to pursue it.

Apologies to the OP for the de-rail.

Get notified of new replies

To Sprint Booster is impressive!

Quick Reply: Sprint Booster is impressive!