C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Any le mans blue c6 with black Z06 wheels?

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2010, 03:47 PM
Jeramey
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Any le mans blue c6 with black Z06 wheels?

So I found a perfect le mans blue c6 I want to buy but want to be able to lower it with wheels to make it unique. I did search and did not see any with black c6 Z06 wheels, anyone have a photo? There are plenty of wheels that look good with the le mans blue but there all $5k forged wheels which will not be in my price range for a while. Please submit photos if you have some with reasonable price wheels on it.
Old 05-07-2010, 05:37 PM
Le Mans Z06
Burning Brakes

Received 20 Likes on 14 Posts

Free bump, I am also interested.
Old 05-11-2010, 03:33 AM
SlickShoes
_Sloth Whisperer_
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

Mine, perhaps.

Old 05-11-2010, 06:47 AM
Tom_Slick
Le Mans Master

Received 64 Likes on 33 Posts

Here's another recent conversion(GS) body kit. Not my car but a forum member's car.

Last edited by Tom_Slick; 05-22-2010 at 07:58 PM.
Old 05-11-2010, 05:03 PM
chgoblue
Drifting

This shows you how the single spokes look in black.

I like the double spokes like Tom has a bit more. Slickshoes wheels are outstanding too.

I just bought the LMB 07 used a few months ago, and it had these wheels on it. I think they were powder-coated.

Black wheels on LMB look great, maybe even better than black on black.
Old 05-11-2010, 09:04 PM
Jeramey
Instructor

Yeah chgoblue is interesting. I love the other 2 post but they have wide fender rear kit which makes a large difference. I'm having a hard time deciding.
Old 05-12-2010, 01:20 AM
djdinoe
Pro

SlickShoes,

Your car looks awesome man!
Old 05-12-2010, 02:02 AM
chgoblue
Drifting

Originally Posted by Jeramey
Yeah chgoblue is interesting. I love the other 2 post but they have wide fender rear kit which makes a large difference. I'm having a hard time deciding.
I've been look at Tom's car, and Slick's, too.

They're both outstanding. Tom's looks more down and dirty, which i really like, while Slick's looks more dressy.

Tom's car has red calipers, and the side of the car is more broken up with more side vent. It looks like 2 in front and 1 in the rear, where Slick's has one in the front quater, like mine.

Tom also had the hood scoop, just looks more badass to me, which is more my taste. I love both wheels, but you have a point about the wide fender kit, but I do think his double spokes look great.

I think Slick's spokes are very prominently bowed out, so might be too much for a regular fender, but Tom's don't look that far bowed out. I think they'd work with my regular fenders.

Hell, you guy's have me looking at this so closely, I'm ready to go out, get some side vents cut into the car, hood scoop, his wheels, red calipers, and I just got my car, I gotta stop this!

I want Tom's car, now!!!

PS the fact that Tom's car is a vert gives it a less swooping look than the coupes have, so man, it is hard to tell completely, but I still think his wheels would work great on my car. grrrrr
Old 05-12-2010, 02:59 AM
SlickShoes
_Sloth Whisperer_
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

djdinoe-

Thanks a bunch. I'm pretty satisfied with the aesthetics. Don't forsee changing the exterior apperance much or at all in the future. Maybe SicMSP's front Z-ish bumper at some point.

Chgoblue-

Thanks for the compliments as well. Whichever you or Jeramey choose, I'm sure it will look right. And by the way, I think your car convinced me just now to go with black marker lights. I'd thought about it for forever. I figure it's time.

Tom Slick, if that's your car now, I love it. I've seen a million pics of yours in slightly different states- some of which I thought suited it, some not as much... but if that's it's current trim, it looks incredible. Definitely hit it on the head.
Old 05-12-2010, 05:01 AM
C6FirstVette
Melting Slicks

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Wheels are 'black chrome'>>

Michael
Old 05-12-2010, 08:30 AM
meridock
Racer

Received 35 Likes on 28 Posts

Daddy likes the Black Chrome.
Old 05-12-2010, 08:46 AM
chgoblue
Drifting

Originally Posted by SlickShoes
djdinoe-

Thanks a bunch. I'm pretty satisfied with the aesthetics. Don't forsee changing the exterior apperance much or at all in the future. Maybe SicMSP's front Z-ish bumper at some point.

Chgoblue-

Thanks for the compliments as well. Whichever you or Jeramey choose, I'm sure it will look right. And by the way, I think your car convinced me just now to go with black marker lights. I'd thought about it for forever. I figure it's time.

Tom Slick, if that's your car now, I love it. I've seen a million pics of yours in slightly different states- some of which I thought suited it, some not as much... but if that's it's current trim, it looks incredible. Definitely hit it on the head.
Your car is all dialed in; I wouldn't change I thing. Funny how the wheels you've got fit on the overall cleaner smooth lines of your car.

I PM'd Tom_Slick last night to comment on how good that car looked, he said those are pics of someone else's car, I think it Florida. I looked on 'Toms' profile, and you can see his. He looks like he's running some real serious ponies under that hood.

Kind of nice being a Blue Corvette guy for the last 23 years, it makes choices very simple. I think there's some outstanding colors, but the only other color that I bought was a Spiral Gray in 03 because I though the Electron Blue had too much of a sheen (made it look cheap to me). The SG was a lighter version of Cyber Gray, and reflected colors like it was glass, devastatingly pretty in the evening light.
Old 05-22-2010, 06:06 PM
Jeramey
Instructor

Originally Posted by C6FirstVette
Wheels are 'black chrome'>>

Michael
Where did you buy them from? I like them
Old 05-22-2010, 06:47 PM
NVR LAT
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Another vote for Black Chrome...

I got these from Josh at RPI...very reasonable $$$. Pictures don't do the Black Chrome justice, you really need to see them in person.

Last edited by NVR LAT; 05-22-2010 at 07:08 PM.
Old 05-22-2010, 07:14 PM
Le Mans Z06
Burning Brakes

Received 20 Likes on 14 Posts

Does anyone know if anyone sells 18x12 in the rear of the Z06 wheels? Black Chrome or Chrome?

Get notified of new replies

To Any le mans blue c6 with black Z06 wheels?

Quick Reply: Any le mans blue c6 with black Z06 wheels?