C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Grand Sport Oil Refill Capacity ?

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2010, 07:12 AM
BSE1956
Melting Slicks

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by AORoads
where the heck are you? to come back from a dealer oil change with low oil is just about inexcusable. mistakes happen, but this is one that could have been really bad.

btw, check the oil level in the morning and see where it is then, too. ten minutes after shutdown is a good indicator but not always the definitive word.

if this is what really happened, you need a new dealer AND you need to make Chevrolet aware of this. for your own sake and others.
Old 06-12-2010, 07:54 AM
KneeDragr
Melting Slicks

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

When I got my first oil changed by the dealer the service manager went over and talked with the tech and I got to witness the whole conversation. He gave him the oil I brought in and told him it takes 10.5 quarts. The Tech said, but this isnt a Z06, its got an LS3, and the manager said "the oil system is exactly the same on this car, its just like a Z06" to which the tech nodded and all was well.
Old 06-12-2010, 10:07 AM
0Callaway Chris
Former Vendor

Received 738 Likes on 419 Posts

Originally Posted by EDinPA
It depends on exactly how you check a dry sump. If you check it at the wrong time you will get a low reading. If you top it off after getting a erroneous low reading, you could overfill the system and cause damage.

If the dealer only drained one plug, there would have still been old oil in the system, requiring less oil to refill.
Old 11-25-2018, 11:12 PM
Kelly R
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default GS oil capacity

When changing oil and filter ​​​​​you’ll need 10.5 qts to refill. Check the factory specs. May have to add the .5 after 10 minutes

Quick Reply: Grand Sport Oil Refill Capacity ?